Problems with Acuvue Advance with Hydraclear

lcdec

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have or are currently using these contacts, have you experienced blurry vision after a week or so of wearing the contacts?

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Have you taken them out and let them soak in the solution?

It's recommended you take them out at night, let them soak overnight in the solution, and put them on again in the morning.

Do the contacts make a "bowl" shape and are you sure you've not mixed the left lens with the right lens?

If I were you, I'd ask your eye doctor.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the majority of points were hit, but you ARE taking them out before bed, right? You can wear them while you sleep but it's not recommended. You can get a lens stuck to where you can't get to it on your eye that way.

lcdec

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the problem was caused by extended wear so I put in new contacts the next morning and take them out after school to soak over night in the solution. Before I could wear my biomedic contacts all day for 12 hours but now with the acuvue, I only wear them for 6 hours and the blurry vision still comes back after a week of use. Also I think the blurry vision is caused by the patch that forms on my contacts after a week of use and I wash my hands everytime before i touch the contacts or my eyes.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Contacts naturally dry out in your eyes, hence the blurriness (and if you have toric lenses like I do, God help you if it gets rotated even a little bit).

I'd recommend having a thing of eyedrops/solution and get your lenses wet at lunch or something, wherever your midday is. If it keeps happening, refresh the lenses a few more times each day. And I'd talk to my optometrist about that, since you're supposed to get at least 8 hours per wear of vision, though I stretch mine to 16 no problem. =P

...and I also wear my one-month pair for a year when I can. *cough*

lcdec

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the suggestions, I have bought a bottle of contacts lubricant eyedrops so see if it helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system