c2soft

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello.
I have a Wii remote that had a lot of corrosion and didn't work.
I have already cleaned the entire board and contacts. I get 3 volts from the contacts but it still doesn't work, no LED lights up.
I have found fuse 1 and 3 and they are fine. I can't see fuse 2 on the board.
Does anyone know if there is a typical failure in Wii remotes or what the problem could be?
Thank you so much.

Otofont

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey there,

Tackling Wii remote issues can be quite a challenge, but it's cool you've already made some headway by cleaning it up. Since the LEDs aren't lighting up despite getting power, you might want to peek at the Bluetooth module. These remotes can act up if that part isn't working right. Also, a sneaky little problem could be a loose wire or a dodgy solder joint, especially around the LED area.

I know diving into electronics repair can be a bit daunting, but if you're up for it, a careful check of those connections might reveal something. Just be careful – those tiny components can be sensitive. Good luck with it, and I hope your Wii remote springs back to life soon!

c2soft

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi again. I am still trying to repair some wii remotes.
I managed to repair one wii remote that not did not synchronize, the four leds flashed continuously. I did a reflow over the bluetooth chip and it revived.

I have other that works fine except that don't detect the nunchuk. I tested the pins of the connector with the multimeter and I have continuity in all pins. Someone know what could be wrong?

Another is an unofficial wii remote that the move sensor becomes crazy. It moves very ramdomly. Any clue if it can be repaired?

Thank you very much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto