Hacking problem with new titels on lower fw

Dan-the-Rebirth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So i use SX OS (updated to 2.5.3) and have my sysnand on 5.2. no emunand set up

till recently everyting worked fine, but new games give me an error now.
Dragons Lair nsp wont install with goldleaf
Dragons Dawn of new riders xci give me a error that the card cant be mounted.

the lists of games and fw versions is totaly out of date it seeems.
i know that there is a new enckey for 7.0 but i didnt know that new games already need that.

so can anyone tell me how to keep up with the times with my switch? without updating sysnand if possible

Edit: is it just me or is switch hacking less good documented with guids and sutch than wii/u/3ds hacking was?

Last edited by Dan-the-Rebirth,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So i use SX OS (updated to 2.5.3) and have my sysnand on 5.2. no emunand set up

till recently everyting worked fine, but new games give me an error now.
Dragons Lair nsp wont install with goldleaf
Dragons Dawn of new riders xci give me a error that the card cant be mounted.

the lists of games and fw versions is totaly out of date it seeems.
i know that there is a new enckey for 7.0 but i didnt know that new games already need that.

so can anyone tell me how to keep up with the times with my switch? without updating sysnand if possible

Edit: is it just me or is switch hacking less good documented with guids and sutch than wii/u/3ds hacking was?

Okay, I haven't done much with SXOS but as zachycat said games use newer title encyption, meaning you will need to update, since you don't want to update system nand here is what you need to do

• Create emunand - SD Card, hidden partition
  • Run ChoidujourNX on emunand
  • update emunand to 6.2
  • use new games on emunand

Dan-the-Rebirth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
About the fuses: if I update my emunand via conjournx I don't burn fuses right?

@Draxzelex yes the switch was hacked hast but that's no reason why the documentation is lagging behind. (exept the obvious one) all previous consoles were hacked and the guides were always easy to use and up to date. Especially the 3ds guides needed to change fast a9hl bs9 I don't even remember what was what xD

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About the fuses: if I update my emunand via conjournx I don't burn fuses right?

@Draxzelex yes the switch was hacked hast but that's no reason why the documentation is lagging behind. (exept the obvious one) all previous consoles were hacked and the guides were always easy to use and up to date. Especially the 3ds guides needed to change fast a9hl bs9 I don't even remember what was what xD
There are 3 up-to-date guides that I can count:
  1. https://reinx.guide/
  2. https://sx.xecuter.com/
  3. https://guide.sdsetup.com/#/
Personally, I find the 4th one to be the best

stephrk398

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got to update for the newest games. For me, the only time I ever update FW is when a game that I really want to play comes out that requires it. I just recently went to 6.2 because the games Observer and Away Journey To The Unexpected (crap game btw) both required 6.2. Being on 6.1 + ignore FW option via tinfoil was a no-go.

P3T3

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have you tried tinfoil to install nsp? I had problems with some nsp but my emu nand is 6.0. If the nsp in ok it will install with tinfoil!

Dan-the-Rebirth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i tried goaldleaf, an older tinfoil and the sx installer

edit: i set up emunand today just coming all my files back...lrts see how it goes

Dan-the-Rebirth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So I updated my emunand. Everything is in working order. Exept previously on SD installed titles. I assume the Nintendo folder on the SD card contained them. Can I just copy the whole folder or is there anything now on the SD card(after emunand setup and update to 6.2) inside the Nintendo folder

P3T3

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Emu folder is different from the Nintendo folder copy and paste the Nintendo foolder, (rename to correct name for emu nand to see) can’t think of the name Nintendo folder has to be but look on tx site for the name.

Dan-the-Rebirth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So I set up hidden emunand. All of my games are installed on SD card. I tried to relocate all my files from the Nintendo folder but my installed Titels still don't show up(only the cloud icon) any ideas? Or would it be easier just to reformat emunand and just reinstall everything and restore the save folder from backup?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)