Status
Not open for further replies.

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, I saw your thread regarding that... It's a darn shame, and I don't think it could be fixed without sending it for a repair... :/
Weeelllll it wasnt the sd port broken after all, i was just using the wrong website to load the HBL :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

nvm now the sd wont read in my computer. i guess ill have to restart my computer. Its annoying, i plug a device in, restart, want the internet? restart. I need a new computer

Haven't picked it up in almost a month... I might do when I get more inspiration to, and when I'm not busy with 3DS and PS Vita stuff anymore...

Only a little demo to express my apologies for not being able to work on the project for a while.
A demo is out? Is there a link to download it?

Reactions: Deleted User

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weeelllll it wasnt the sd port broken after all, i was just using the wrong website to load the HBL [emoji14]

nvm now the sd wont read in my computer. i guess ill have to restart my computer. Its annoying, i plug a device in, restart, want the internet? restart. I need a new computer

A demo is out? Is there a link to download it?
it's probably on THAT ISO SITE as said in the OP

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
nice seeing things like this taking place. It would be cool if you made some kind of tutorial that guids people in achieving this. There are many artists who are able to create good CG but don't have the technical skills to deal with such development.

pikpol

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I actually 'ported' some Unity games/tutorials to the Wii U. but those aren't perfect yet. I could publish them later today, as I want to do that for some weeks now. I am also working on a project, and would like to port it later on. but can't say anything about it for now.

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Whether you are an official developer for Nintendo or not, sharing anything made with Unity for Wii U outside of the official Nintendo store is a risky thing, and why I have given up on the idea of making anything in it to share publicly. Even official developers can legally only share their creations with each other on a special portal, and only to the public if Nintendo approves it for the store. Sucks, but that's how it is.

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So i found the Stick Magician demo and here are my thoughts. Yes ik its a demo but these are some things i just wanted to say.

The Worst Part: Controls.

The controls where impossible to use. They where all inverted and confusing. Up and down i could deal with kinda but left and right were hell.

Bugs

I found an odd bug. If you walk then quickly press R you will stand still and act like you held down R.... sometimes.

Also the trees are 1 way, you walk through behind them, but otherwise you cant get past.

Rating

I would rate the game a 7/10. Its an early demo but not too many bugs that ive found! Good work!

D

Deleted User

OP
So i found the Stick Magician demo and here are my thoughts. Yes ik its a demo but these are some things i just wanted to say.

The Worst Part: Controls.

The controls where impossible to use. They where all inverted and confusing. Up and down i could deal with kinda but left and right were hell.

Bugs

I found an odd bug. If you walk then quickly press R you will stand still and act like you held down R.... sometimes.

Also the trees are 1 way, you walk through behind them, but otherwise you cant get past.

Rating

I would rate the game a 7/10. Its an early demo but not too many bugs that ive found! Good work!
Pressing down the R button while stood still merely makes you automatically move forward slowly before you end up releasing R button, where he actually simulates throwing a fireball which is to come in a later version.

Also, I am massively aware of the buggy controls, but at the end of the day, controls in a project that has only had about 3 weeks worth of work isn't going to be the best lol. :P

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pressing down the R button while stood still merely makes you automatically move forward slowly before you end up releasing R button, where he actually simulates throwing a fireball which is to come in a later version.

Also, I am massively aware of the buggy controls, but at the end of the day, controls in a project that has only had about 3 weeks worth of work isn't going to be the best lol. :P
Yes i am aware of what happens when you hold the R button. "If you walk then quickly press R you will stand still and act like you held down R" <--- (Quote from Prev Post)

Its a cool demo but the controls ruined everything :(
If you update the demo will it be on the same link as the current link?

Last edited by Mnecraft368,

pikpol

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

If you used the input manager, you could just invert the axis and the controls would work I guess

D

Deleted User

OP
If you used the input manager, you could just invert the axis and the controls would work I guess
Well I have always used a weird type of script to control Stick Magician. (When I am back on my PC, I'll send you the script to inspect) Basically, SMag does control rather "okay"-ish, however when you move diagonally and then suddenly tilt the control stick 180 degrees the other direction, he will still continue to move in the exact same direction. :/

pikpol

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well I have always used a weird type of script to control Stick Magician. (When I am back on my PC, I'll send you the script to inspect) Basically, SMag does control rather "okay"-ish, however when you move diagonally and then suddenly tilt the control stick 180 degrees the other direction, he will still continue to move in the exact same direction. :/
haha, that's weird:P I will try the demo first and then will inspect your script :)

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
Wait... is it possible to boot in Loadiine directly with Mii Maker?
After you have ran loadiine once, yes. However, it's been reported to be broken and instead load Mii Maker itself when you try to load a game. Unless that got fixed in the latest releases...

D

Deleted User

OP
Hi again, all -

Unfortunately in the last half-hour, I have been mulling this project over a bit, and I have come to the conclusion that I have made a terrible mistake in releasing this early on that ISO site, for both realistic and moralistic reasons.

Many of you already know me as an aspiring, young game developer, looking for a big job in the game designing industry when I am just that bit older.
But I just get the feeling sometimes that Nintendo employees are scanning this forum, and the ISO sites, on a weekly basis, looking for people not to hire/accept as trusted developers.

Which leads me on to say that Nintendo may probably never allow me to sign an agreement to (legally) use their tools one day, if they should ever find out about this. :unsure:

Also, this is unlikely, but you're probably wondering now, "Voxel, if they already know about you, then just go under a new company name and move house where you will have a fresh IP address that's not on their servers". Sorry folks, but there's just one problem... Stick Magician has always been my main ambition and project to work on and turn into a hit public game over the years, and I couldn't bear to lose such a great idea for a good little indie game that is at risk, at most, of being an outlaw! :(

Anyway, morals aside, I am going to remove my thread and the link from that ISO site now, because of how I am feeling with the situation.
Those 7-8 people who have already obtained it either need to now keep it private, or delete it wherever it may be on their hard drives and SD cards. I know it's the Internet and I can't force you to delete it, but it would be really kind and appreciated for the project! :)

However, I will still be offering jobs for anyone who wants to help out with the project since now it will be back to full lockdown. But I'm not going to dish out job offers like sweets. In fact, I will only really need helpers when I am truly stuck for assets to use in my game since I make my own models and stuff anyway...

That is really all I wanted to say about the current status of the project. I apologise if it turned out to be a big shock to people, but I really do want the best for my game designing career! :(

- Voxel out.

ThatNintendoNerd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi again, all -

Unfortunately in the last half-hour, I have been mulling this project over a bit, and I have come to the conclusion that I have made a terrible mistake in releasing this early on that ISO site, for both realistic and moralistic reasons.

Many of you already know me as an aspiring, young game developer, looking for a big job in the game designing industry when I am just that bit older.
But I just get the feeling sometimes that Nintendo employees are scanning this forum, and the ISO sites, on a weekly basis, looking for people not to hire/accept as trusted developers.

Which leads me on to say that Nintendo may probably never allow me to sign an agreement to (legally) use their tools one day, if they should ever find out about this. :unsure:

Also, this is unlikely, but you're probably wondering now, "Voxel, if they already know about you, then just go under a new company name and move house where you will have a fresh IP address that's not on their servers". Sorry folks, but there's just one problem... Stick Magician has always been my main ambition and project to work on and turn into a hit public game over the years, and I couldn't bear to lose such a great idea for a good little indie game that is at risk, at most, of being an outlaw! :(

Anyway, morals aside, I am going to remove my thread and the link from that ISO site now, because of how I am feeling with the situation.
Those 7-8 people who have already obtained it either need to now keep it private, or delete it wherever it may be on their hard drives and SD cards. I know it's the Internet and I can't force you to delete it, but it would be really kind and appreciated for the project! :)

However, I will still be offering jobs for anyone who wants to help out with the project since now it will be back to full lockdown. But I'm not going to dish out job offers like sweets. In fact, I will only really need helpers when I am truly stuck for assets to use in my game since I make my own models and stuff anyway...

That is really all I wanted to say about the current status of the project. I apologise if it turned out to be a big shock to people, but I really do want the best for my game designing career! :(

- Voxel out.
Wait, so you released a video showing it, and you said they scan the fourms and threads. Wouldn't they know about this already beforehand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-