Gaming Preserving DS saves with the DLC flags unlocked

GHANMI

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The Pokemon Ranger games on the DS have *actual* DLC missions. Given that this is Pokemon, and that some of the DLC missions allow you to get certain legendaries and send them to a main Pokemon game, there was enough interest in hacking them in that people *did* create ways to add them to your save file, although the program to do so has some problems. See http://gbatemp.net/threads/guardian-signs-mission-injector.265884/

That mediafire link is dead.

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, Dragon Quest IX allows you to unlock the DLC quests and guests by connecting to and visiting a game of a person who does have the DLC quests unlocked. Which leaves only the DQVC exclusive items. The only such item necessary for a quest is the Christmas Cake, which may be transferred between games without Nintendo's service. So DQIX is mostly okay. There is a thread on gamefaqs about this; I don't know which AR codes they are talking about. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/937281-dragon-quest-ix-sentinels-of-the-starry-skies/68689264

GHANMI

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, a save would be the optimal solution just in case. (as saves aren't compatible through regions, and AR codes being unreliable and/or region-specific won't really help)... There's the save editor though, but it doesn't cover really everything.
I'd like to know though if any of the Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy (or Square games in general) are heavily reliant on unlockable Wi-Fi stuff?

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dragon Quest IX saves can be found at http://www.woodus.com/den/games/dq9ds/savefiles.php

You need to tag with 30 different people to unlock the special floor at the inn and to get Borya's Boots, which is a special item needed for a quest.

I recently finished Dragon Quest IX and I used these saves (on a second DS and second flash card).

I'm pretty sure that some of those saves have the DLC quests unlocked and can be used to get those as well.

Reactions: GHANMI

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Pokemon Black 2 (USA)

Trainer Name: Kouen (Smile)
Rival Name: Hugh
Time: 0:00
Badges: 0
Story Point: Mom calling for you about the PokeDex

DLC:

C-Gear:

• Black Kyurem [ あおくかがやく - Black Kyurem ] (Japan Cup 2013 Wi-Fi Tournament)
Mystery Gifts:

• A Shiny Palkia for You!
  • A Shiny Giratina for You!
  • A Shiny Dialga for You!
  • リバティチケット プレゼント (Liberty Pass)
  • ゾロアーク プレゼント (Event Zoroark)
  • なぞのタマゴ プレゼント (Event Pansage)
  • なぞのタマゴ プレゼント (Event Pidove)
  • なぞのタマゴ プレゼント (Event Axew)
  • Mewtwo returns!
  • サトシのズルッグ プレゼント (Ash's Scraggy)
ag84o76.png
DL8TEUc.png
WmpoPnQ.png
039.png

Download Link:
http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/game-saves/download-pkmn-b2-us-dlc-save-kouen-1-0-f32682.html

windwakr

Trophies
Website
windwakr.github.io
XP
Country
United States
This seems to be a complete list of US games that have WiFi functionality:
https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/gameslist/games-wifi.jsp

This one is for Japanese games, but only seems to include Nintendo developed games:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/support/information/2014/0227.html

Europe, seems to include some third-party, but not all:
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/W...tion-of-Nintendo-Wi-Fi-Connection-859609.html

Only the US one seems to be complete.

I kept the old copy in the first post already :)

The old link doesn't work anymore. Like I said, I deleted it and reuploaded it. And I'm not sure if you saw that I did the Classic books.

So, I'll just repost the links here.

Picross DS:
http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/game-saves/download-picross-ds-wfc-puzzles-1-0-f32679.html

Classic Books:
http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/game-saves/download-classic-books-wfc-books-1-0-f32680.html

FailName

░▒▓█▓▒░
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And about Dragon Quest IX, there are no codes for the JP version (which has more content) or the respective French, German, Italian, Spanish versions, and we're aiming to get a comprehensive list of as much as possible. But at least there's a save editor. If anyone can post saves as well, that would be lovely.
While there are indeed no codes present for the Japanese version (what extra content does it have anyway? I've never heard this.), all those languages are including in the same European rom, while the NA version hads Spanish and French along with English. Also, the first, one line long code is the same for both versions, andthe others might be too,but I can't be bothered them.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/ds-5062-dragon-quest-ix-sentinels-of-the-starry-skies-europe.241789/

However, all this talk of cheat codes is irrelevant, since I just looked at the save editor again, and all the multiplayer or dlc only stuff (increasing inn grades, which requires local wireless with others, and gives you access to more items and recipes in the inn, and the previously mentioned dlc quests and visitors) can be enabled with it.
4.png
Untitled.png

GHANMI

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Europe, seems to include some third-party, but not all:

Europe includes some third-party games because Nintendo took the publishing duties for those there.
My first post has a mix of all the games mentioned in JP/US/EU Nintendo lists.
I'll update it soon

HNKii

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/threads/attentio...ore-microgames-before-the-servers-die.362774/
INCLUDED ALL JPN AND USA NINSOFT GAMES FROM WWDIY SHOWCASE
ALL 15 PAL BIG NAME GAMES(ENGLISH ONLY)
http://yunpan.cn/Q4ua8nAuwxtYt
*NEEDED CONFIRMATION IF THE NINSOFT STORE CONTENTS FOR THE DS GAME AND THE WII SHOWCASE ARE THE SAME*
I'm a Wario Ware DIY fan too, does MIO files work in all regions? And a guide for the tools ,plz?
Mio files are region free. My tools lets you extract/inject mio files into DS save's like CrygorTool: http://gbatemp.net/threads/warioware-d-i-y-editor.346953/
I have another extractor for decompressed DIY Showcase saves. However, as it says in the thread I still need help cracking the checksums and stuff in the Wii saves before they can be injected.

HNKii

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Mio files are region free. My tools lets you extract/inject mio files into DS save's like CrygorTool: http://gbatemp.net/threads/warioware-d-i-y-editor.346953/
I have another extractor for decompressed DIY Showcase saves. However, as it says in the thread I still need help cracking the checksums and stuff in the Wii saves before they can be injected.
There's no need to crack the Wii saves. Just transfer them into the DS and extract them.

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no need to crack the Wii saves. Just transfer them into the DS and extract them.
I'm talking about if people wish to inject other mio files into their saves like these ones: http://vixynya.blog6.fc2.com/blog-entry-1.html
Considering it will be impossible to distribute user games and such after the WiFi cutoff, I figure that cracking and injecting Wii saves will be the easiest way to share content for those who do not have DS flash cartridges and do not want to use DeSmuME's buggy WarioWare D.I.Y. save support.

HNKii

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I'm talking about if people wish to inject other mio files into their saves like these ones: http://vixynya.blog6.fc2.com/blog-entry-1.html
Considering it will be impossible to distribute user games and such after the WiFi cutoff, I figure that cracking and injecting Wii saves will be the easiest way to share content for those who do not have DS flash cartridges and do not want to use DeSmuME's buggy WarioWare D.I.Y. save support.

It's possible without cracking the Wii save, though it's a bit complicated:
Use the distribution center to transfer Wii saves from DS to Wii
Copy the Wii save file to an SD card and share it
Transfer Wii Saves into DS

BTW, since .mio files are region free, what will happen to the names of objects and everything that requires text?
Japanese Made in ore only supports Japanese characters and uppercase English letters while the USA version supports English and European letters

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible without cracking the Wii save, though it's a bit complicated:
Use the distribution center to transfer Wii saves from DS to Wii
Copy the Wii save file to an SD card and share it
Transfer Wii Saves into DS

BTW, since .mio files are region free, what will happen to the names of objects and everything that requires text?
Japanese Made in ore only supports Japanese characters and uppercase English letters while the USA version supports English and European letters
That works (although not ideal).
As for Japanese content in a US copy of D.I.Y., all the Japanese characters show up blank. However, everything still functions properly other than that.

HNKii

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I do have a copy of Mario VS DK DSi Ware on my 3DS, but it was extremely difficult to download since the maximum levels could be saved are 140
What is more, except for the Nintendo-made levels that only has 20 pages, the other options all have 50 levels, cannot flip the page, and everytime I select random a bunch of levels appear....
I'm afraid it might have countless levels...

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have a copy of Mario VS DK DSi Ware on my 3DS, but it was extremely difficult to download since the maximum levels could be saved are 140
What is more, except for the Nintendo-made levels that only has 20 pages, the other options all have 50 levels, cannot flip the page, and everytime I select random a bunch of levels appear....
There are 1000s of user levels and they will simply be lost. Ideally, we would grab the official Nintendo levels, recreate them in Mario vs DK 2?/3? if possible and preserve them that way. (There were actually official Nintendo WiFi levels right?)

GHANMI

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

I think the Nintendo made games for that DSi game are the absolute priority, store them as a unique save. Those ones must be preserved no matter what.
As for the custom levels made by users, it's your wish which ones are worth keeping (the highest quality/rating ones?).. well you don't see many people downloading all of those thousands of levels of Little Big Planet. But earlier in the thread someone shared a link of a wiki which DOES preserve custom levels in WarioWare DIY.

EDIT: I'm for bobmcjr's suggestion too: recreating the levels elsewhere.
Come to think of it, there are three (?) DS Mario vs DK games with downloadable content.

Reactions: Ulieq

HNKii

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I think the Nintendo made games for that DSi game are the absolute priority, store them as a unique save. Those ones must be preserved no matter what.
As for the custom levels made by users, it's your wish which ones are worth keeping (the highest quality/rating ones?).. well you don't see many people downloading all of those thousands of levels of Little Big Planet.
I do have all 20 Nintendo Made levels, and all Top-rated levels
I've now used up 94 of 140 save rooms, still plenty of room...
However the only way I could share is to copy the entire game w/ save data onto the SD card

GHANMI

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Those should be enough.. I hope.
Since we can't really share the whole game's binary here, nor can we do something with an IPS patch (it's against this forum's rules) ... Well, that's... awfully inconvenient. (but by any means keep a copy on your hard disk just in case)
Is there a Mario vs Donkey Kong game similar enough so that the levels can be all recreated?
There's
M vs DK 1 Miniland Mayhem
M vs DK 2 Minis March again
(which by the way have their own DLC?)

is there anything newly introduced in the DSiWare game that makes the levels impossible to recreate in those games' level editors?

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DSiware save would be useless anyway because of ninty's obsession with encryption. They have to be recreated, and I think the 2nd one is closest to the DSi version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...