Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
xzxero said:
M-A-F-I-A said:
whats the difference between yours and the other one?
did you compile it any differently?
Same results...no HBC, and no Systemmenu (IOS36 Hash, Blablabla). Guess I'll wait until some real mods show up, looks like it's the Source that causes these "problems"...

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
xzxero said:
M-A-F-I-A said:
Same results...no HBC, and no Systemmenu (IOS36 Hash, Blablabla). Guess I'll wait until some real mods show up, looks like it's the Source that causes these "problems"...
yea for now the JODI preloader works super fine.

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
just a hint, preloader expects to be run as the system menu, it's no surprise it can't access any of the files and/or load the system menu, when loaded without the system menu's access rights.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
xzxero said:
M-A-F-I-A said:

It has not been updated for v4.2. It is basically v0.29's source afaik.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok darn it, I have to go to work now but I'm installing the latest devkitpro. If nobody else jumps on this by tonight, I'll see if I can figure out how to get good fixes in.
I'll at least get it working for the JODI (I know it's been done but I wanna do it from the source) HBC.
Before I have time to look at the source, I can't promise anything about automatically patching IOS70 for 4.2 users though. I'll try my best.

A Huge thanks goes out to crediar for releasing the source!
yay.gif

blahdc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed JODI and I can't get into my system menu from the preloader it says the file systems are corrupted....Any ideas?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
blahdc said:
I just installed JODI and I can't get into my system menu from the preloader it says the file systems are corrupted....Any ideas?

r u on 4.2? If so, go to preloader --> homebrew --> wadmanager -->install IOS70-64-v6687 [Patched][FreeTheBug].wad (get it by downloading the precompiled link newmod.rar by emailing [email protected])

if your on 4.1 or 4.0, go to preloader --> homebrew --> dopios -->
Press right until you see IOS60.
Press A to select yes to install and Sig Hash Check, then try loading the system menu, if it doesn't work then go to homebrew and reinstall preloader, it will automatically patch IOS60 if it still needs to be patched.

i hope this helps

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
blahdc said:

r u on 4.2? If so, go to preloader --> homebrew --> wadmanager -->install IOS70-64-v6687 [Patched][FreeTheBug].wad (get it by downloading the precompiled link newmod.rar by emailing [email protected])

Press A to select yes to install and Sig Hash Check, then try loading the system menu, if it doesn't work then go to homebrew and reinstall preloader, it will automatically patch IOS60 if it still needs to be patched.

i hope this helps

Thanks for reminding me why I don't like preloader
smile.gif
It's like an accident that you cause and have to fix
smile.gif

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
xflak40 said:
blahdc said:

i hope this helps

smile.gif
smile.gif
idl, i think preloader's a great program, but maybe thats because ive never ran into any problems with it.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything that daco did so far was easy... and I had fixed the JODI problem before I saw his code (but he did add an extra error message in there and I wouldn't have thought to bother with that) but staring at the code, I can't for the life of me figure out where/how it applies the patch to the IOS (so I can possibly get it working on IOS70) This would make it easier to install for new people but...? Anyone able to tell me what's up?
I'm starting to wonder if that piece of code was removed completely because my .dol is a bit smaller than the .29 JODI hacked one...

EDIT: Sure enough I can't find it because it's not there. The whole installation process was stripped from the source. Mad props to crediar, but what's the darn use of going open source if you can't fix/tweak it with small edits? Or am I just completely missing something when I compile it? I don't think so.
wtf.gif

phpgeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
urherenow said:
Or am I just completely missing something when I compile it? I don't think so.
wtf.gif

You are not missing anything! The source is for the preloader boot app only and not the installer (which removes and replaces the system menu and patches es_diverfiy etc...). Maybe crediar will release the source to this in due course, or maybe he didn't want to release it, as it performs the most critical and dangerous part of the whole preloader concept. Either someone will have to build an installer or everything will have to be installed manually (huge margins for error here).

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
xzxero said:
zektor said:
xflak40 said:
blahdc said:

i hope this helps

smile.gif
smile.gif
idl, i think preloader's a great program, but maybe thats because ive never ran into any problems with it.

I love preloader, I have it set up to autoboot to USB loader gx... I can be in the middle of playing a game, hit home, then either hit the wii menu to go there, or hit reset and it will bring me back to usb loader gx and I can choose another game! Anyway, its convenient, but if you don't have bootmii as boot2, you need some kind of protection, and preloader is the next best thing.

HellFireXS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am on 4.1U and want to remove preloader, if I just reinstall my system menu and ISO 60 will it remove the hacks I have enabled or so I have to remove them first?

I am bootmii as boot2 but I didnt find start patch until after preloader, now I would like to remove it.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phpgeek said:
urherenow said:
Or am I just completely missing something when I compile it? I don't think so.
wtf.gif

You are not missing anything! The source is for the preloader boot app only and not the installer (which removes and replaces the system menu and patches es_diverfiy etc...). Maybe crediar will release the source to this in due course, or maybe he didn't want to release it, as it performs the most critical and dangerous part of the whole preloader concept. Either someone will have to build an installer or everything will have to be installed manually (huge margins for error here).

NEWSFLASH!!!!

Preloader is USELESS without the installer. Period. Of course that means I'm sitting here complaining about being too stupid to be able to write my own but...
huh.gif

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
HellFireXS said:
I am on 4.1U and want to remove preloader, if I just reinstall my system menu and ISO 60 will it remove the hacks I have enabled or so I have to remove them first?

I am bootmii as boot2 but I didnt find start patch until after preloader, now I would like to remove it.

I would first disable all the hacks via preloader and save it (kinda of redundant but w/e), then reinstall the system menu, you don't need to reinstall IOS60, but you can if you like, there's nothing wrong with keeping a patched IOS60. If you want to completely remove preloader settings you need to download an app called "nand clean", the app is self explanatory once you load it via homebrew

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
urherenow said:
Everything that daco did so far was easy... and I had fixed the JODI problem before I saw his code (but he did add an extra error message in there and I wouldn't have thought to bother with that) but staring at the code, I can't for the life of me figure out where/how it applies the patch to the IOS (so I can possibly get it working on IOS70) This would make it easier to install for new people but...? Anyone able to tell me what's up?
I'm starting to wonder if that piece of code was removed completely because my .dol is a bit smaller than the .29 JODI hacked one...

EDIT: Sure enough I can't find it because it's not there. The whole installation process was stripped from the source. Mad props to crediar, but what's the darn use of going open source if you can't fix/tweak it with small edits? Or am I just completely missing something when I compile it? I don't think so.
wtf.gif
my problem exactly. i want to add more stuff but since i can't test it completely (no installation) im pooped... unless i replace the preloader .29 dol with the new one; but since that *could* brick my wii im not even going to try that >_> (hell, im not even sure how preloader installs itself 100% cause the 1-2 title looks like it s a merge between the 2 ... )

also, afaik the es_identify patch is no longer needed in preloader .30 thx to the stub

blahdc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
blahdc said:

i hope this helps

I bet that is it, I will try it when I get home. Just downloaded the newmod.rar file.

Another weird thing I'm running into is when I try to load any channels in GX loader it just goes to a black screen, they use to work in the old 3.4u system menu. Anyone else having problems with this? I'm hoping this ios70 fixes it. Thanks for the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I use TextAloud for tts. And I bought some voices from them,