Hardware [PPOTW #33] Will you be buying a NEW 3DS?

Will you be buying a New 3DS?

• Yes

Votes: 287 41.3%
  • No

Votes: 205 29.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 203 29.2%

• Total voters

dontay0100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Absolutely, I was gonna buy an XL since I only have the original Aqua Blue, nut now after seeing this I'm waiting out to buy the new 3DS XL.. I mean who the hell wouldn't!! It has 4 shoulder buttons!!! AND DUAL ANALOG!!!!!!

finkmac

Trophies
Website
www.epicwinrar.com
XP
Country
Canada
Since it's a new model, people will be selling their old 3DS units to buy the new one... This should lower the price of 3DS units considerable.
Perhaps I'll buy a 3DS then, when the prices are lower!

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Larger 3D viewing angle, faster CPU, SNES Virtual Console games, no need for circle pad pro, and most likely limited edition versions coming out? Yes I'll get one.

Ive been wanting a 3DS XL but so far none of the US limited editions appealed to me . This new 3DS will probably get MH4 or Xenoblade editions here in the states. Wish we would get a Smash Bros. version.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No games, no hacks, no me. That it is not the only game in town any more and still having GBA and DS stuff to play, of which the 3ds seems to be a watered down version of at best, only makes things worse.

Reactions: TemplarGR

Kurt117

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
undecided for now.
i'll wait for the reviews to come out,and i want to see if this "better" cpu actually makes a difference..........

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, unless exclusives come out for it that I really want to play that I can't play on another platform. I don't really have anything against it, other than the exclusive thing, I'm just not willing to drop that much money for a slightly better experience, so it will take the games to get me to get a N3DS.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, I could really see myself picking one of these up. There's a few games that I'd like to try (mostly Fire Emblem).

I mean, not until they're, like, $50 or less, and that's probably 5 years or so down the road, but hey, it's a start.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If I had not bought a regular 3DS I would probably be going to buy one of these, but considering I have one, not enough has changed to justify the purchase.

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the colorful AXBY on the 3DS is so damn ugly

You can't be serious I atleast like the New XL's colorful letters

Already have it pre-ordered :)

Lucky but you know it'll probably be out next year your Raichu is adorable :)

I want that Blue XL looks so badass might as well go big this time mark me down for buying one :)

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not immediately, would wait and see about piracy options (unless I suddenly become a lot wealthier between now and then), then might get a used one.

19cookies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lucky but you know it'll probably be out next year your Raichu is adorable :)
Thanks! I know, I plan on getting a JPN, US and EUR one (Learning Japanese to play games not released here, and hate having to wait for game to come to the UK after months of them being out in the US) :P

Reactions: Parasite X

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, this is not only a cash grab, but a slap in the face to owners of the current device. Imagine if you bought the 3ds xl, for example, within the last say month, and they now announce "hey, your system's gonna be obsolete in a couple months". I feel even worse for Japan, as theirs is gonna be obsolete with basically almost no heads up at all.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since this will invariably mean a new system with a forced new update, more than likely no.

If one of these indeed can be used with the Gateway 3DS, then... I would definitely consider it, as it would give me a chance to finally play all those games that otherwise required a CPP.

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! I know, I plan on getting a JPN, US and EUR one (Learning Japanese to play games not released here, and hate having to wait for game to come to the UK after months of them being out in the US) :P

I think i'll add you to my friends list what colors are you getting regular or XL ? :)

TemplarGR

Gaming expert
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I'll have to add you back :) I've got the white (Black??) LL pre-ordered because it was the only one left. I'm definitely getting all XL's :)

LOL... Fanboys...

So it was the only one left right? Even though the system is set to come to the West many months from now (even a year), even if not a single retail machine has been manufactured yet, they already know exactly how much demand there will be and how many consoles there will be... So you got the only one left, even though they can easily make more if they know there is demand for them...

You realize you are the very reason video game companies think we are sheep and get bolder and bolder with their anticonsumer moves right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1