Hardware Powerline adapters ISP locked?

Cjmcgiv

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, Canadian here. Is is possible that powerline adapters can be ISP locked? I have found a great deal on a set of bell powerline Ethernet adapters and I am not with bell as my ISP. I was wondering if I would still be able to use them as the wireless connection on my gaming pc is GARBAGE! I don't think it would be possible and this is probably a dumb ass question but I would like to make sure. Thanks!

They look like the attached img for reference.

Attachments

• Internet_Connect_Kit.png
    Internet_Connect_Kit.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 216

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is Bell an ISP or the brand that makes them? Or both?

I don't really see why it would matter what ISP you use since all it's really doing is converting a data stream to electrical pulses, but I guess it's possible that it would be locked to the ISP

Tizm

JESSE, WE GOT TO COOK!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, Canadian here. Is is possible that powerline adapters can be ISP locked? I have found a great deal on a set of bell powerline Ethernet adapters and I am not with bell as my ISP. I was wondering if I would still be able to use them as the wireless connection on my gaming pc is GARBAGE! I don't think it would be possible and this is probably a dumb ass question but I would like to make sure. Thanks!

They look like the attached img for reference.
are you sure they make powerline adapters like that?
I have one that kinda looks like that expect it has an Ethernet jack, antennas and is from dlink

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E