Homebrew Post your working GBA Footers...

Linkmaan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Banner 2, yes, but getting an image resized perfectly inside the purple square for banner 1 is a pain, at least for me because I like things to be pixel perfect. I'm going to try to make a macro resize an image then draw a purple line around it. A macro should allow the pixel perfection that I desire.

Also I have to go, cya tomorrow guys or whenever.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I have one for Minish Cap that doesn't show the top when loaded onto the 3DS >.<
Best of luck to you with your macro :)

Rj.MoG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the art files and footers for both golden sun games. Also for Super Mario Advance 2 (SMW), Castlevania Circle of the Moon, and Megaman&Bass.

Attachments

• Golden Sun.zip
    33.7 KB · Views: 202
  • Golden Sun Lost Age.zip
    33.8 KB · Views: 246
  • Super Mario World.zip
    36.6 KB · Views: 237
  • Castlevania COTM.zip
    17.9 KB · Views: 213
  • Megaman&Bass.zip
    28.2 KB · Views: 168

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Banner 2, yes, but getting an image resized perfectly inside the purple square for banner 1 is a pain, at least for me because I like things to be pixel perfect. I'm going to try to make a macro resize an image then draw a purple line around it. A macro should allow the pixel perfection that I desire.

Also I have to go, cya tomorrow guys or whenever.

116x78 (need to disable ratio or one pixel will be missing) if you use the template from the old thread, and 40x29 for the other one (same for the ratio).

Can't really post my footer because I delete them once the .cia is created but with the new footer program, it auto-detect save and rom size so I don't really think footer sharing is really useful.

Linkmaan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
116x78 (need to disable ratio or one pixel will be missing) if you use the template from the old thread, and 40x29 for the other one (same for the ratio).

Can't really post my footer because I delete them once the .cia is created but with the new footer program, it auto-detect save and rom size so I don't really think footer sharing is really useful.

Didn't know there was an update for the program, i've been using v0.1 this whole time
Thank you for pointing that out :bow:

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Please, I need a working footer for Donkey Kong Country 1. The one that I made doesn't save :S

Are you sure it doesn't save? Because creating a profile, exiting the game and reloading the game isn't enough. In Donkey Kong Country games, you can only saves in special places (Candy's place in DKC 1).

For footers, download the update of the program, which now auto detect save type and rom size (when it give an error in the save detection, it mean the game don't use save and so, just put the first save type for those games).

Intronaut

A star maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Are you sure it doesn't save? Because creating a profile, exiting the game and reload the game isn't enough. In Donkey Kong Country games, you can only saves in special places.

After the first stage, I press start, go to save, and a message appears saying "Save failed"

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh, they added an instant save in GBA versions, didn't know. Let me check my version.

Yeah, I confirm the save doesn't work.

Linkmaan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, they added an instant save in GBA versions, didn't know. Let me check my version.

Yeah, I confirm the save doesn't work.

If you have the latest version of the footer program, It should be able to automatically detect the best settings for your ROM.

Otherwise, you'll have to go through trial and error by trying different settings

Intronaut

A star maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
If you have the latest version of the footer program, It should be able to automatically detect the best settings for your ROM.

Otherwise, you'll have to go through trial and error by trying different settings

Well, I used the last version of the footer program when I tested Rayman Advance and DKC1

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Of cours, when I said "let me check my version", I meant "my version of Donkey Kong Country".

@Intronaut : Yeah. To be sure a save works, you need to reboot the 3DS and check if the save is still here. I didn't checked my "DKC games" because I didn't knew about the instant save and was lazy to play several levels of each game :D

I'll check if DKC2 and DKC3 saves, or not.

Edit : DKC2 saves are working (checked with a reboot of the 3DS).
Edit 2 : DKC3 saves doesn't work (fail when you try to save).

Last edited by davhuit,

pcmantinker

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gamerfootprint.com
XP
Country
United States
I was able to get Super Mario Advance 4 working partially. Using GBAT, I SRAM patched the 1.1 version of the ROM. Then I had the GBA footer generator v0.2c auto detect settings and I changed the save type to SRAM. The game boots fine and plays the classic Mario Bros. mini game. However, once I try to start the main game, it starts rapidly shaking the map. I believe this was an anti-piracy feature that was built in to the game when using SRAM. This particular game works fine with my EZ-Flash IV, EZ-Flash 3-in-1 and TempGBA for DSTWO. I have a feeling it's possible to get the game working, but I don't know what else to try to get the ROM to stop the shaking of the main map. If anyone has ideas, that would be awesome.

dubbz82

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to get Super Mario Advance 4 working partially. Using GBAT, I SRAM patched the 1.1 version of the ROM. Then I had the GBA footer generator v0.2c auto detect settings and I changed the save type to SRAM. The game boots fine and plays the classic Mario Bros. mini game. However, once I try to start the main game, it starts rapidly shaking the map. I believe this was an anti-piracy feature that was built in to the game when using SRAM. This particular game works fine with my EZ-Flash IV, EZ-Flash 3-in-1 and TempGBA for DSTWO. I have a feeling it's possible to get the game working, but I don't know what else to try to get the ROM to stop the shaking of the main map. If anyone has ideas, that would be awesome.

I tried this and ended up with the same result with an IPS patch that supposedly removes the protection on the game, also the graphics were badly corrupted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay