Hacking Post your WiiU cheat codes here!

GoldCobra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It should be from the 22nd. Re-download it in a minute

Edit: I had an outdated link in the OP. it's fixed now

Can confirm that the error is gone and Codes are working for games like Sm4sh. However I'm trying the same for ZombiU, where the game just freezes as soon as I click on "Send Codes". JGeckoU says it was sent successfully, but the game just freezes, no error messages...

Any ideas why that happens?

Krotarr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for asking this, but how I can search for codes like item modifiers?
For example, I want to know how to search for Super Mario 3D World; Secondary Item Modifier (Yes, I know that code is released but It doesnt work for my eshop version)
The easiest way to do it is by looking at where the posted code is located in the memory, and searching around that general vicinity for the address that corresponds to your version. It wont change too much from where you find it, with rare exceptions; and use the values given in the previous codes as a guideline when searching, those are always static. Its the simplest way to convert codes to different versions and regions
So for exqmple, the code in the list is
378d6b9c.
If you search between 37000000 and 38000000 using the modifier numbers as your search value, it would most likely be found relatively fast, as you dont have to guess and find your own values for each item or stray too far off and look through large sections of memory...
Rereading the question, step by step, every time you change the item, go into the program and search the value that matches what you currently have set as the item, but i would recommend not starting the search with nothing in the slot. Zero is an extremely common number and will give you the most results the first pass through, as well as taking up unnecessary time and resources

Last edited by Krotarr,

BeRnYGP

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The easiest way to do it is by looking at where the posted code is located in the memory, and searching around that general vicinity for the address that corresponds to your version. It wont change too much from where you find it, with rare exceptions; and use the values given in the previous codes as a guideline when searching, those are always static. Its the simplest way to convert codes to different versions and regions
So for exqmple, the code in the list is
378d6b9c.
If you search between 37000000 and 38000000 using the modifier numbers as your search value, it would most likely be found relatively fast, as you dont have to guess and find your own values for each item or stray too far off and look through large sections of memory...
Rereading the question, step by step, every time you change the item, go into the program and search the value that matches what you currently have set as the item, but i would recommend not starting the search with nothing in the slot. Zero is an extremely common number and will give you the most results the first pass through, as well as taking up unnecessary time and resources

Thank you, I will search later and I hope I can find it.

EDIT: I have found it:

Super Mario 3D World [NTSC-U / eShop]

Second Item Slot Modifier [BeRnYGP]

If you use:
Save 1:
00020000 378D6B9C
0000000X 00000000

01 = Mushroom
02 = Cat
03 = Fire Flower
04 = Tanooki
05 = Boomerang
06 = Golden Leaf
07 = Lucky Bell

Last edited by BeRnYGP,

TheWord21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, @CosmoCortney, care to tell me where these two files are in your downloads for the tcpgecko.elf? They are not in your site and they don't come with the downloads of the codehandler and .elf.

SD:\wiiu\apps\TCPGecko\icon.png
SD:\wiiu\apps\TCPGecko\meta.xml

Edit: Never mind, I see them.

Last edited by TheWord21,

Splat_Red

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to convert JGeckoU codes into the TCPGecko format?
My friend wants to know, they're getting errors when using JGeckoU.
The error says "Exception Type DSI occurred!" Then after that it does a static dump. The game they're trying to put the cheat codes in is Splatoon.
Thanks!

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
OP
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
Hey, @CosmoCortney, shouldn't the tcpgecko.elf be the most recent version, i.e. v1.1?
I have updated the link in the OP to the latest one (the latest one I'm aware of). I'd not be surprised if there will be newer releases somewhen. e.g. there seems to be a game freezing issue with Splatoon

TheWord21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have updated the link in the OP to the latest one (the latest one I'm aware of). I'd not be surprised if there will be newer releases somewhen. e.g. there seems to be a game freezing issue with Splatoon

Okay... but I was just confused about something: JGecko doesn't seem to be sending codes for me, anymore. Not only that, but it seems to have trouble connecting to my IP address for Wii U. Why is that? TCPGecko can link to my IP Address immediately.

Edit: Never mind, it's the "sending codes" part I'm having trouble with.

Last edited by TheWord21,

TheWord21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And, let's not forget that JGecko just seems to freeze at random going from the Memory Viewer to the Codes tabs after attempting to send codes and nothing happens and/or disabling them. However, the game doesn't freeze, and yeah, this is with the most recent versions of Cosmo's codehandler, Bully's JGecko, and TCPGecko.

Kurayami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, been a while since I last bothered to hack on my Wii-U. Saw Hyrule Warriors updated so here you guys go, codes for v1.11.0!

Attachments

• BWPE01 v1.11.0 NTSC-U.rar
    1.9 KB · Views: 118

CosmoCortney

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Germany
(...) it's the "sending codes" part I'm having trouble with.
Does it tell you the codes have been sent?
If this is the case there could be 2 possible issues:
1. The cheats' addresses have changed with the new TCPGecko build
2. The cheats are sent to the wrong memory area so they cannot be executed

Also, what game are you using?

@LukySplatoon I first have to figure out what causes the freeze. I could only help if it's an issue with the codehandler since I didn't create the other tools

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@LukySplatoon
Ok, tested it myself with Splatoon. It's all working fine for me :unsure:

LukySplatoon

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

@LukySplatoon I first have to figure out what causes the freeze. I could only help if it's an issue with the codehandler since I didn't create the other tools

@LukySplatoon
Ok, tested it myself with Splatoon. It's all working fine for me :unsure:

@CosmoCortney I have this message "code have been sent" but after it crash :(

It's strange that for u it work :(

TheWord21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It was this code for NSMB U...

Timer Modifier:
Code:
00020000 3ED9F87C
0018ECF4 00000000

But, feel free to have at me for bothering you; I reinstalled everything and now the code sends. Sorry for the trouble... :blush:

Reactions: BullyWiiPlaza

CosmoCortney

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Germany
@CosmoCortney I have this message "code have been sent" but after it crash :(

It's strange that for u it work :(
what's the code? i guess it has a "faulty" address or wrong formatting

It was this code for NSMB U...

Timer Modifier:
Code:
00020000 3ED9F87C
0018ECF4 00000000

But, feel free to have at me for bothering you; I reinstalled everything and now the code sends. Sorry for the trouble... :blush:
no problem, I know it's a bit obfuscating :)

Reactions: BullyWiiPlaza

LukySplatoon

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
JGecko U assumes you are using the updated TCP Gecko.elf version. If you don't, it will crash because writing to the "new" memory range was not supported till this recent TCP Gecko build.
@CosmoCortney @BullyWiiPlaza We can to use old version of geckoU? I have hack with other version of JGeckoU and I cant to remake hack code

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did he grope you as well