Hacking Post your WiiU cheat codes here!

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
Tutorial, to launch TCPGecko added to first post.
New layout, code sorted by game's name.
I fixed the spoilers and quotes errors.

I will add a tutorial to "poke" values. edit : done a quick steps.

To users posting codes, please could you follow the exemple posted on the first post?
it will be easier to compile and maintain all the cheat codes later.

Game name, game version/region.
Description [username]
address value
address value
*comments
more comments

Super Mario 3d World ?/NTSC (don't know version)
Unlimited lives

378D7E04 0000FFFF
378D6A38 0000FFFF ( EDIT: This morning, did it again but it was this address. Only difference was I was in Save slot 1 for this and Save slot 2 for the other.)

* Comments: seems the address range for the user variables are all related to the same range:

*from someone else on this thread* Both are confirmed to work in my Wii U 5.3.2 NTSC.

Set Timer to 999
378D6AD4 0000FFFFn
Secondary Item Slot Modifier
378D6B9C 0000000X

All codes seem to be in the same 378d range

Last edited by Onion_Knight, , Reason: Address Adjustment

MiZ J0K3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Well i discovered the first XenoX Code
OvMuYEL.png

The Black Rectangle is the Main Code but is like illusion just change the number and when gain exp again return to original

The Red Rectangle is bounded with Main Code, idk what rly happens first time i tried to change to 1100 Exp but after changed it return to original value (56 Exp)

I was Lvl 11 with 56 Exp and i changed the Master Code and Sub Code to 1100 Exp and gained 1 Exp killing 1 monster and i got 1 Lvl but idk what rly happened if was something like bug or no
I did again in Lvl 12 to 13 but now on Lvl 13 i am failing the exp is returning to original value and no working like before but still i can change value with Master and sub code but like just illusion

Someone with experience know what need to do?

Attachments

• Exp from Main character.png
    Exp from Main character.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 284
Reactions: CosmoCortney

cfoordddd

Trophies
XP
Country
OvMuYEL.png

The Black Rectangle is the Main Code but is like illusion just change the number and when gain exp again return to original

The Red Rectangle is bounded with Main Code, idk what rly happens first time i tried to change to 1100 Exp but after changed it return to original value (56 Exp)

I was Lvl 11 with 56 Exp and i changed the Master Code and Sub Code to 1100 Exp and gained 1 Exp killing 1 monster and i got 1 Lvl but idk what rly happened if was something like bug or no
I did again in Lvl 12 to 13 but now on Lvl 13 i am failing the exp is returning to original value and no working like before but still i can change value with Master and sub code but like just illusion

may i ask what firmware does xenoblade chronicle x needs in order to play it?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I added Code searching tutorial to the first post.
sorry, I did it by memory, I might have wrong field names.
I'll try to capture some screenshot another day to make the tutorial more easier to understand.

If you find any errors let me know.

Edit:
I added troubleshooting section and more information on code type size selection when searching codes.
Edit2:
I added link to BullyWiiPlaza program and tutorial for wiiU Pointer Search.

Reactions: MiZ J0K3R

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
OP
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
OvMuYEL.png

I know something similar from Wind Waker.
Sometimes you you only change the string-like text. But the actual value will be the same after all.
Just change one and see if it updates the value after going into another room/leven, gaining/losing Exp.
(in Wind Waker there is an address that changes the text that displays the amount of rupees. But it does not affect the actual value. When you change the level or buy something the number on the HUD will restore. So the actual value will be only updated in the HUD as soon as an attended action by the game affect the actual amount of rupees (buying something, collecting rupees, changing room to make the game re-reading the current amount of rupees))

Reactions: MiZ J0K3R

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
OP
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
How can I find a cheat code for the energy bar?
View attachment 24645
Use a 32bit unkown value search. first make an initial (unknown search) when your energy decreases do a less than search. when it stays the same an equal to search. when it increases a greater than search

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you can select the "column" to compare the current value with.

If you want to compare to the last state, pick the higher column before doing a comparison search.
if you want to compare to a previous search, pick the correct column

note:
I updated the first post.
I changed the spoilers and all the codes layout. I hope you don't mind :P
I added [username] after each code description.

if I made mistake, feel free to fix it.

I finished editing, you can add new codes now if you want.

I don't know which format to use for dual masks, like the boat teleporter:
Code:
Boat Teleporter [CosmoCortney]
48723EC4 LLLLLLLL
48723ECC NNNNNNNN

* LLLLLLLL = A - G/left to right
* NNNNNNNN = 1 - 7/top to buttom

*A1 (forbitten fortress)
C8941923
C88D57A7

I had in mind tools to edit and auto-fill the cheats.
when it's 000000XX it's easy, as it's a list of 8bits
01 = this
02 = that

but with dual mask, I don't know how to mark them for future/possible tools to recognize that there's two line to fill.
LL NN = like that maybe?
C8941923 C88D57A7 = A1 (forbidden fortress)

I don't know how it worked on Wii with AccioHacks.

Mega-Mew

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mario Kart 8 4.1 + 2DLC [Méga-Mew]
No coin, only rupee in all track (need multi-poke) (untested)

15468B9C 495F4C44
15468BA0 526D6574
15468BA1 75526D65
15468BA5 2F656570
15468BA9 495F4C44
15468BAD 526D6574
15468BB1 65657075
15468BB5 7266622E
15468BB6 65726662
15468BBA 00000073

Reactions: VinsCool

Deathwolf1000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This is kinda offtopic, but I wonder who is going to include all the codetypes which are necessary for some action. The ones from wii were quite good since they did almost everything you could think of. I'd not go with a change at all, they can just get enhanced imo (no different hooktype for specific codetypes for example). It's not all about how to make codes as short as possible. As long as they achieve the same result it's totally appropiate imo.

The codetype documentation is still up or can be downloaded within the WiiRd/Gecko dNet GUI.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
when it will be possible, I hope the code type will be the same than the Wii.
users are already used to search code and understand how to use them.

But it will require more memory location, as there's not only 80 and 90 now (ba/po), so I don't know if it will be able to keep all the same codes.

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when it will be possible, I hope the code type will be the same than the Wii.
users are already used to search code and understand how to use them.

But it will require more memory location, as there's not only 80 and 90 now (ba/po), so I don't know if it will be able to keep all the same codes.

The Wii U may have multiple memory ranges, but there are relatively few that actually matter. I imagine only loader/system libraries (01), app code/libraries (0E, but may actually fall earlier or later in many cases), and app globals (10) are needed for most codes.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Nobody worked on Auto-poke yet?
Adding a new tab on TCP/PyGecko to paste existing cheatcodes lists and let the program auto poke the addresses every xxx cycles.
currently, if you want to apply more than one patche, you have to edit the addresses one by one at proper time in game.

Too bad I don't know how to code in C#
I suppose it's not that hard to add by copy/pasting existing sources. just want to know if a dev started or plan doing it.
I never compiled C#, compiler is free?
When you say auto poke, you mean that it'll poke a given address on its own every so many minutes? I'd give it a shot, but I couldn't test/debug it, let alone figure out how it works (I think I know what poking is, but I'm not 100% sure) because of certain limitations.

Deathwolf1000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
In fact yeah, they will require more specific commands when it comes to some specific data lines such as the location of the address which the hooktype and codehandler has the deal with. With 80/90 it was quite simple, now we are talking about 80/90/A0(let's say) and eventually more but pretty sure a small .txt file patch will do the same trick (like Brawl had) to make more space for sent codes (depends on the loader as well, thinking about Gecko OS for example).
A small addition to the codetypes will solve things like ranges easily.

Even more, I'd not wonder if there is always a specific range which should be untouched at least.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
When you say auto poke, you mean that it'll poke a given address on its own every so many minutes? I'd give it a shot, but I couldn't test/debug it, let alone figure out how it works (I think I know what poking is, but I'm not 100% sure) because of certain limitations.
Poking is writing a value at the specified address.
(peek = read, poke = write)

We currently don't have a way to execute the code handler on the console, which is used to write the same value at the same address on every cycle. (60fps if run at Vsynch, etc.)
What I was suggesting is that instead of the user clicking on the "poke" button in TCPGecko, let TCPGecko "click" on that button regularly. so you can play while the PC is refreshing your max HP every seconds, etc.

The Watch List tab already have a timer that the user can set manually (refresh rate is set to 200ms by default).
Watch List is an "automatic multi-peek" feature where it checks given addresses every 200ms.
I think the same thing can be applied with writing at specific addresses every 200ms, becoming an "automatic multi-poke".

give a list of address value pair and they will be written to memory.
a load/save button would be good too, so you can keep cheatcode for different games.

a new tab with this layout maybe?

Tab name : Multi-Poke
Code:
Checkbox | Name | Address | Value

[Add entry][Delete entry][Clear list][Load list][Save list] ----- [Write] --- Auto [ ][interval 200ms]
Tthe checkbox column is used to enabled/disabled address to be poked in realtime
[Write] is a button used to write once all enabled address manually at user's action. (same as Serial poke on the search tab)
Auto [ ] is a checkbox to start or stop auto-poking all the enabled addresses.

on the search tab, right-clicking an address could have "add to multi-poke list"

The text file save format could be like WiiRd (.mpk instead of .wgc)
Code:
[Name]
* enabled address value pair
  disabled address value pair

[HP 255 [Cyan]]
  001C098D 000000FF
But the "name" column is maybe not correctly used as a cheat name can have more than one address.

Reactions: I pwned U!

loco365

Trophies
XP
Poking is writing a value at the specified address.
(peek = read, poke = write)

We currently don't have a way to execute the code handler on the console, which is used to write the same value at the same address on every cycle. (60fps if run at Vsynch, etc.)
What I was suggesting is that instead of the user clicking on the "poke" button in TCPGecko, let TCPGecko "click" on that button regularly. so you can play while the PC is refreshing your max HP every seconds, etc.

The Watch List tab already have a timer that the user can set manually (refresh rate is set to 200ms by default).
Watch List is an "automatic multi-peek" feature where it checks given addresses every 200ms.
I think the same thing can be applied with writing at specific addresses every 200ms, becoming an "automatic multi-poke".

give a list of address value pair and they will be written to memory.
a load/save button would be good too, so you can keep cheatcode for different games.
Ah. That wouldn't be terribly difficult to implement for the .NET version, but yeah. I can't debug it properly so I couldn't guarantee that it'd be bug-free or even work at all for that matter. I really should consider getting a 5.3.2 Wii U, but I haven't even started my new job yet and I don't know anyone with a low-FW Wii U.

What I had in mind was to just create a background timer that would activate the "poke" button whenever the timer finished, and as for a multi-peek/poke, just have the same thing, but have it go through a list/array of addresses that the user defines and return them on a data grid view in the format [offset] [value].

Last edited by loco365,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm sure lot of users will be willing to test for you.
There are already few codes on the first posts which require auto-poke to get fixed values over time.

Gecko dot net (for Wii) already had a GCT tab with cheatcode sending option.
you should re-add that tab which was removed due to lack of handler, and add a "auto" checkbox with a delay option.

The GCT tab sent the code to the code handler location, and the Wii did its thing to run the handler functions and process the cheats code type.
Here, there's no handler, so instead of sending to the handler location you need to poke each addresses from the list.
re-enable the GCT tab (you can rename it to multi poke or another better name), and replace the "send codes" and "disable codes" button's function.
send codes function will now poke onces
a new "auto" option need to be added for auto-poke.

Reactions: CosmoCortney

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la