Hacking Post your questions about which flashcart to buy

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
Shugo Takahashi said:
Use? playing DS games, homebrew (specifically emulators)
Price Range? I would prefer cheap ($30?), but I'll go any mile for the best of what I need.
Slot 1/2? Slot-1
Built in or expandable memory? Built-in preferred, expandable okay
Special features? One of my favorite features from the G6 Lite was the ability to write and rip save files from actual DS game cards. If I could find a Slot-1 that can do this, I can finally get rid of my half-broken G6 Lite. Other than that, I'd like the ability to write save files automatically (I don't know if this affects Slot-1 cards, but the G6 Lite's horrible battery caused me to only be able to save my game data by soft-resetting)
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular No.
Other? I own a G6 Lite Slot-2, though I would like to ditch this thing if I can replace the features I use due to my broken shell and poor USB linker; I'm so sick of accidentally bumping it while it's connected to PC and having it disconnect and corrupt the whole thing, forcing me to format and delete all my saves.

For all slot-1's (ignore if you want a slot-2):
Support slot-2 GBA? Doesn't matter, I own a G6 (but see above)
Support slot-2 rumble packs? Yes
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? Yes
You wont be able to get any flashcart with built in memory for $30.
But as you want something cheap.. you should go for DSTT bundle.(Rumble, Ram, GBA)
As you already have a G6 slot 2, the only thing you should worry about is rumble. SO get a DSTT with Rumble pack.
Should be around $30.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
abaddon41_80 said:
Thanks. Acekard and Supercard can use 2 GB cards (Sandisk and Kingston), right? Because I already have 2 of each of those and I don't have the money for a SDHC card right now.
yeah. well pretty much all flash carts can use 2GB. its the bigger ones that some cant
(like the R4 is not SDHC compatable, so it cant use any card bigger than 2GB

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Kamui101 said:
Shugo Takahashi said:
Use? playing DS games, homebrew (specifically emulators)
Price Range? I would prefer cheap ($30?), but I'll go any mile for the best of what I need.
Slot 1/2? Slot-1
Built in or expandable memory? Built-in preferred, expandable okay
Special features? One of my favorite features from the G6 Lite was the ability to write and rip save files from actual DS game cards. If I could find a Slot-1 that can do this, I can finally get rid of my half-broken G6 Lite. Other than that, I'd like the ability to write save files automatically (I don't know if this affects Slot-1 cards, but the G6 Lite's horrible battery caused me to only be able to save my game data by soft-resetting)
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular No.
Other? I own a G6 Lite Slot-2, though I would like to ditch this thing if I can replace the features I use due to my broken shell and poor USB linker; I'm so sick of accidentally bumping it while it's connected to PC and having it disconnect and corrupt the whole thing, forcing me to format and delete all my saves.

Support slot-2 GBA? Doesn't matter, I own a G6 (but see above)
Support slot-2 rumble packs? Yes
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? Yes
You wont be able to get any flashcart with built in memory for $30.
But as you want something cheap.. you should go for DSTT bundle.(Rumble, Ram, GBA)
As you already have a G6 slot 2, the only thing you should worry about is rumble. SO get a DSTT with Rumble pack.
Should be around $30.
Exactly what I was going to say. DSTT Package does everything. Plus the DSTT is a good cart overall.

+1 for DSTT

beard00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd like to buy a flashcart for playing homebrew and possibly coding my own homebrew (I just recently noticed how nice the DS Lite console is, I think there are many interesting possibilities for homebrew stuff), and also for playing games. I am not interested in cheats or real time saves.

First I thought I'd get R4DS, but everyone seems to say that it's outdated. If the only thing that makes it outdated is the fact that it can't do HC capacity SD cards, I can live with that. Isn't 2 GB enough for DS stuff? Otherwise it seems to have very good compatibility with games at full speed (including Castlevania intro) and homebrew and frequent updates. How come people can say it's outdated?

Anyway, I also looked at DSTT. It seems good, but the interface doesn't look very nice to me. Also I read that many people have problems with the cart being too small and not having proper contact with DS once in the console. That's not very good thing I suppose. And worst of all, I read that some DSTT carts break up the console! I'm not interested in soldering fuses so I don't want to risk it if there's a significant risk that DSTT breaks my console.

Then I looked at Acekard2. Seems very nice as far as interface goes but I don't like the fact that Castlevania seems to lag for many people that use Acekard. If that is the case isn't it very probable that in the future more demanding games will lag also? AFAIK the lag for Castlevania intro has not been fixed in updates for Acekard2.

As far as I know all of these carts work fine with EZFlash 3-in-1 solution in Slot-2. There really are no alternatives to that I suppose (?).

Oh well. I guess I'll have to toss a coin or something to see which cart I get. I'd probably get DSTT if it wasn't for the improper cart size and console breakup risk. Maybe I'll go with the R4 if the only thing that's bad in it is that it doesn't read SDHC.

..Unless someone has some great tips for me as to which cart I should get of course!
smile.gif

kemosabe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
maybe some can help me:
im using a r4 right now and im absolutly satisfied with it.
but since i want to use micro sdhc cards the r4 wont do it anymore.
so im thinking about buying a acecard2, edge, dstt or supercard ds.
what do you guys recommend?
the card should have a decent cheat support and a comfortable gui.
actually, the supercard would be my first choice, unless you guys tell me different

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
kemosabe said:
maybe some can help me:
actually, the supercard would be my first choice, unless you guys tell me different
Hm. I'd say SCDS1 SDHC. It's cheat system is a little different from the others, but it's still pretty good. But whenever you're using this cart, make sure to get a fast micro sd, for Sandisk will freeze too often (I'm using it). But it won't freeze so much, that it'll be unplayable, but just every once in a few hours.

wiithepeople

^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys it's me, if you don't remember I'm the maker of this thread
tongue.gif

But it seems all the questions are answered! Thanks a ton to everyone who helped people decide on a flashcart in this thread, and I hope all of you who posted questions have found this thread helpful. I know I haven't posted in a long time, and I'm sorry, but I have to leave GBAtemp. This may well be one of my last posts. Just way too busy nowadays with schoolwork and such
frown.gif

Sorry again, but it really can't be helped. And to all of you helping out in this thread, please keep up the good work. Hopefully because of this thread many a person in need of help can find some quickly and efficiently.

Upperleft

Namcoholic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Use? Games , Homebrews
Price Range? 40$
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? expandable
Special features? cheats , SDHC , easy to skin
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular : M3 real , DSTT

Support slot-2 GBA? yes
Support slot-2 rumble packs? yes
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? and yes

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Upperleft said:
Use? Games , Homebrews
Price Range? 40$
Slot 1/2? 1

Support slot-2 GBA? yes

Currently, M3 real is in a terrible shape, so I'll recommend DSTT, EDGE, and Acekard 2. All of those are fine choices, but the easiest to skin is DSTT. The EDGE uses the Cyclo skins, and Acekard 2 uses Acekard R.P.G.

And for the internet, GBA, and rumble, get a Slot 2. The best choice would be EZflash 3-in-1 expansion. It has all 3 of those, and it's pretty cheap.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz said:
Upperleft said:
Use? Games , Homebrews
Price Range? 40$
Slot 1/2? 1

Support slot-2 GBA? yes

Currently, M3 real is in a terrible shape, so I'll recommend DSTT, EDGE, and Acekard 2. All of those are fine choices, but the easiest to skin is DSTT. The EDGE uses the Cyclo skins, and Acekard 2 uses Acekard R.P.G.

And for the internet, GBA, and rumble, get a Slot 2. The best choice would be EZflash 3-in-1 expansion. It has all 3 of those, and it's pretty cheap.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=1086748

apparently you missed my post,
and this is the exact thing that was mentioned in the post too

kemosabe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ojsinnerz said:
kemosabe said:
maybe some can help me:
Hm. I'd say SCDS1 SDHC. It's cheat system is a little different from the others, but it's still pretty good. But whenever you're using this cart, make sure to get a fast micro sd, for Sandisk will freeze too often (I'm using it). But it won't freeze so much, that it'll be unplayable, but just every once in a few hours.
hm sounds bad.
which mircro sd do you use?
i have a sandisk ultra 2 1gb and i want to buy a 4gb microsdhc from kingston.
anyone else got these freezes?

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
kemosabe said:
ojsinnerz said:
kemosabe said:
maybe some can help me:
hm sounds bad.
which mircro sd do you use?
i have a sandisk ultra 2 1gb and i want to buy a 4gb microsdhc from kingston.
anyone else got these freezes?

Although I'm not entirely sure, the 4 gig micro sdhc from kingston should be fine. Also, if you hate it, because it freezes too much, use the tripple loader (It's explained how to do so in the Supercard section. Just find the thread). The tripple loader lets you change between DSTT, SCDS1, and the YSmenu. Since the DSTT hardware and the SCDS1 hardware are similar, someone made some minor changes to the DSTT firmware, and put it on the SCDS1. Then it changes into a DSTT, and all the speed problems can be solved. And if you don't like DSTT's GUI, change it with the YSmenu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: We're figments of your imagination +1