Hacking Post your ideas regarding how to hack the 3DS, here

NazrinAsraf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Guys, i'm not an expert of 3ds software or hardware. but, i have my own theory for the expert to test. may my opinion help u guys.
1. Usually we use the 3ds cartridge directly into the 3ds. But how about we put device that can detect whats going on between these two thing. Normally 3ds card > 3ds system. How about, 3ds card> bypass wire into computer> 3ds system. So with this way, we'll know ho 3ds decrypt the cartridge.

2. The biggest hole to know how 3ds work is the open-source 3ds web browser. Since it's open-source, we can modify the web browser, to become an app that allow us, to read the ram log. Some should do the trick, and post it to nintendo to make it the 3ds defult web browser. when it's done, the ram log will automatically run, and send the data to developer such as neimods, to analyst whats going on. Use the "to improve the ram managment",when we ask nintendo to give us the permission for ram log reading activity.

3. Every electronic thing, must have something like usb mod for the factory to insert the original os. Like dos, or android bootloader. But unlike those 2, the 3ds doesnt have usb port. I think developers have tried to search the port on dsi and the 3ds. My suggestion, try the SD card slot. Since the 3ds use them to store about everything inside it, the SD card have the most 3ds's permission to access its hardware n software to read n write. Also i strongly feel that the SD card slot, is the "USB port" for the dsi and 3ds.

-----I'm not developer or electronic expert. But I see the potential that 3ds had and I want to help developer to make 3ds to reach it max potential-----
---feel free to critics my english and my opinions---
----To those who know someone to be in this field, or just want to try hacking 3ds instead of apple n android, ask them to enter the community.... we need them---

lismati

Speedrunner in practice
Trophies
Website
www.wiiplanet.info
XP
Country
Poland
Guys, i'm not an expert of 3ds software or hardware. but, i have my own theory for the expert to test. may my opinion help u guys.
1. Usually we use the 3ds cartridge directly into the 3ds. But how about we put device that can detect whats going on between these two thing. Normally 3ds card > 3ds system. How about, 3ds card> bypass wire into computer> 3ds system. So with this way, we'll know ho 3ds decrypt the cartridge.

2. The biggest hole to know how 3ds work is the open-source 3ds web browser. Since it's open-source, we can modify the web browser, to become an app that allow us, to read the ram log. Some should do the trick, and post it to nintendo to make it the 3ds defult web browser. when it's done, the ram log will automatically run, and send the data to developer such as neimods, to analyst whats going on. Use the "to improve the ram managment",when we ask nintendo to give us the permission for ram log reading activity.

3. Every electronic thing, must have something like usb mod for the factory to insert the original os. Like dos, or android bootloader. But unlike those 2, the 3ds doesnt have usb port. I think developers have tried to search the port on dsi and the 3ds. My suggestion, try the SD card slot. Since the 3ds use them to store about everything inside it, the SD card have the most 3ds's permission to access its hardware n software to read n write. Also i strongly feel that the SD card slot, is the "USB port" for the dsi and 3ds.

-----I'm not developer or electronic expert. But I see the potential that 3ds had and I want to help developer to make 3ds to reach it max potential-----
---feel free to critics my english and my opinions---
----To those who know someone to be in this field, or just want to try hacking 3ds instead of apple n android, ask them to enter the community.... we need them---

1. The cartridges are encrypted, and as such are read. The decryption takes place in 3DS' processor. We would have to attach shitload of wires to it, and the results (if any) probably wouldn't be anything useful.

2. 3DS web browser is only partially open source. And how would you modify it, when you can't get access to the 3DS interials? This idea is flawed from the beginning.

3. The OS is stored in a flash memory inside the 3DS. It isn't installed or anything, chip is flashed in factory, and then soldered onto the board. SD may have read and write (not to everything of course) properties, but without the SD Key we can't decrypt it yet, so we can't make the SD do what we want.

NazrinAsraf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
the 3ds web browser allowed us to access the sd card. try to upload some pic using 3ds. also the web browser keep running background. It use ram to keep those cache. So the web browser need to monitor the ram to make sure it work well. By tweaking the source code we can gain the information about the ram (where all of decrypted file store here. temporally). by comparing the decrypted file an encrypted data that gain in 1st process, will reveal the encryption key. about the SD card, it doesnt have key. USUALLY sdcard store data --> 3ds check the data (to make sure it's purchase using the same 3ds)-->decryption process begin. so IN MY OPINION, the sd card have the direct access. IF NOT and APPROVED, ignore my innocence :P

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
the 3ds web browser allowed us to access the sd card. try to upload some pic using 3ds. also the web browser keep running background. It use ram to keep those cache. So the web browser need to monitor the ram to make sure it work well. By tweaking the source code we can gain the information about the ram (where all of decrypted file store here. temporally). by comparing the decrypted file an encrypted data that gain in 1st process, will reveal the encryption key. about the SD card, it doesnt have key. USUALLY sdcard store data --> 3ds check the data (to make sure it's purchase using the same 3ds)-->decryption process begin. so IN MY OPINION, the sd card have the direct access. IF NOT and APPROVED, ignore my innocence :P
Even if you tweak the source code there is no way of running it.

driss2001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not very strong in English and hack but:
1. To hack the 3DS file should be used for the site pit.bin detects the console
Because when we go on 3dshomebrewchannel.com on the computer, they say that the site does not detect the file pit.bin, but when the site on the 3DS it detects the file.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm not very strong in English and hack but:
1. To hack the 3DS file should be used for the site pit.bin detects the console
Because when we go on 3dshomebrewchannel.com on the computer, they say that the site does not detect the file pit.bin, but when the site on the 3DS it detects the file.
That site is a load of nonsense, don't pay it any attention.

Reactions: 2 people

NazrinAsraf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
send it back to nintendo to make it defult web browser.

Reactions: 1 person

3DSGuy

No longer in scene
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
send it back to nintendo to make it defult web browser.
lol what? Why would Nintendo do that?

BigBlarg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i still think the is hole thread is useless
the glimmer of hope keeps em digging

I'm new over here but I'm thinking the same. There are some interesting information but most of it is stupid useless crap.

This thread should be closed or moved to a read only or private forum where people would need to prove they have a little knowledge in hacking to be allowed to post.

People need to understand what kind of information is usefull. Saying "The hack should be installed from the SD card" is COMPLETELY USELESS!!!! The good hackers already tought about it much longer than you.

What we need to find is how to hack or by-pass the encryption. So if you already did some serious hacking, you are welcome to help. Otherwise GTFO.

I am a programmer myself, so I understand what need to be done, but sadly, I'm not good enough.

BigBlarg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo only gave out the webkit that was used to make the browser because they legally had to.

Exactly. Nazrin, before posting again, you should go read about how open-source and GPL Licences works.

Anyway, even if Nintendo would let us send back our DS so they can install modified browser they would probably inspect the code before installing it.

Reactions: 2 people

NazrinAsraf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
yeah. I just giving some opinion. So after more than a year the 3ds was released, it's still impossible huh? How long for the ds to be hacked?

Transdude1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah. I just giving some opinion. So after more than a year the 3ds was released, it's still impossible huh? How long for the ds to be hacked?

High Voltage said that the 3DS have a similar system to the Wii when they were being interviewed about "Conduit 3D". It took TWO & A HALF YEARS for the Wii to be cracked. Also Nintendo stated that they HYPED UP THE SECURITY on the 3DS to prevent pirates. So we have no real clue when it will get cracked.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone