Hacking Post your ideas regarding how to hack the 3DS, here

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think a lot of hackers that are working on the 3DS aren't telling us NEARLY everything they know... I honestly think neimod's picture of the hacked RAM code (for a little bit of text) is just a teaser... Wish we weren't so in the dark sometimes. But anyways, is anyone probing more than just the RAM? I wonder if there is ANY way to moniter code being proccesed in the cpu/ onboard chip... If only there was some sort of graphics overload we could use....

It's possible that they are just hiding their most significant finds so that blabbermouth leechers don't go and tell the world that what's happening causing Nintendo to delete the glitch. For all we know, this forum could be watched.

Also I was a leech for the Wii Homebrew , but this time around I really want to try to push the 3DS' hardware to the limit so that we can have high quality games on here.
LEECH! :D (not a one word post)

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think a lot of hackers that are working on the 3DS aren't telling us NEARLY everything they know... I honestly think neimod's picture of the hacked RAM code (for a little bit of text) is just a teaser... Wish we weren't so in the dark sometimes. But anyways, is anyone probing more than just the RAM? I wonder if there is ANY way to moniter code being proccesed in the cpu/ onboard chip... If only there was some sort of graphics overload we could use....
Though we can already crash many 3DS apps, they're unexploitable. And by that, I mean forever unexploitable.
And thats why I said that we COULD use.... :/

Seratonin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are we looking at modding the 3ds hardware in order to jailbreak this thing in theory? Sorry I am new here and I am interested with this topic. Would you mind filling me in with the details?

rayword45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just mentioning another QR Code game, this time DSiWare, to see if we can get a new DSiWare hack. Petit Computer. I'm not sure how it'll work, though. It uses multiple QR Codes for more programming, IIRC.

Transdude1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are we looking at modding the 3ds hardware in order to jailbreak this thing in theory? Sorry I am new here and I am interested with this topic. Would you mind filling me in with the details?

If you want to be filled in on what is happening, find an empty 4 hour segment in your schedule and read all 69 pages of this topic. :wacko:

You'll see why some of us are pissed off. :hateit:

Reactions: 1 person

Seratonin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you want to be filled in on what is happening, find an empty 4 hour segment in your schedule and read all 69 pages of this topic. :wacko:

Can you give me a bottom line? For example, we can't either jailbreak or homebrew the 3ds and the hackers have a huge obstacle that is nearly impossible to overcome for the 3ds, etc.

Transdude1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Can you give me a bottom line? For example, we can't either jailbreak or homebrew the 3ds and the hackers have a huge obstacle that is nearly impossible to overcome for the 3ds, etc.

People have suggested using QRs, Miis, file mods, crashes, game mods, and the web. All of them won't work. Reasons: encryptions, doesn't openly access the system directly, detections of unusable code.

That is the shortest way to state what all of the 69 pages talk about. The only suggestions that have been unanswered or are in current use is hardware mods and Bluetooth.

Seratonin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

People have suggested using QRs, Miis, file mods, crashes, game mods, and the web. All of them won't work. Reasons: encryptions, doesn't openly access the system directly, detections of unusable code.

That is the shortest way to state what all of the 69 pages talk about. The only suggestions that have been unanswered or are in current use is hardware mods and Bluetooth.
So people think this won't get hacked at all?

celcodioc

Major A$$hole
Trophies
XP
Country
On the other hand, we have been hacking QR codes (allowing games such as Pushmo and Pyramids to load custom levels, mostly thanks to @elisherer and @[member='vashgs']). Mii QR code hacking was mentioned not too long ago but I don't know if anything has come out of it.

Transdude1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So far, not right now. Neimod has made some progress, but other than that, the only other speculation is Pokemon Black and White Version 2 since those haven't come out yet. All we can really do right now is just sit and wait.

And we all know how hard that is. In the meantime just try to enjoy yourself some way some how.

Seratonin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So far, not right now. Neimod has made some progress, but other than that, the only other speculation is Pokemon Black and White Version 2 since those haven't come out yet. All we can really do right now is just sit and wait.

And we all know how hard that is. In the meantime just try to enjoy yourself some way some how.
I know this might sound stupid but I was thinking about Indiana Pwns, would we need something similar? BTW I'm not a programmer so go easy on me. :D

Transdude1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I know this might sound stupid but I was thinking about Indiana Pwns, would we need something similar? BTW I'm not a programmer so go easy on me. :D

Team Twiizers used most of the same code from their Twilight Hack and it is achieved by using save files. The problem is that the save files are encrypted as well.

So, what people are stressing about mostly is how are we going to get the the encryption keys. One of the ways that have been suggested to exploiting this have been asking a higher-up Nintendo employee :p1ng: (which will never happen). The other option has been given the scenario of opening a locked room when the key is already locked inside. :cry: So what we are hopping for is that while hard-modding the 3DS, :nds: Niemod will find the keys to it in the process. After all, Team Twiizers first hard-modded the Wii and then soft-modded it after finding an exploit.

Also, I just remembered this but Nintendo is releasing a DSiWare program called "Petit Computer" which is basically a program that allows you to write programs using an adapted version of the BASIC programming language. Right now it has no official date or price, but you can find it in the e-shop. I believe that this is going to be the closest we can currently get to 3DS homebrew.

Seratonin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Team Twiizers used most of the same code from their Twilight Hack and it is achieved by using save files. The problem is that the save files are encrypted as well.

So, what people are stressing about mostly is how are we going to get the the encryption keys. One of the ways that have been suggested to exploiting this have been asking a higher-up Nintendo employee :p1ng: (which will never happen). The other option has been given the scenario of opening a locked room when the key is already locked inside. :cry: So what we are hopping for is that while hard-modding the 3DS, :nds: Niemod will find the keys to it in the process. After all, Team Twiizers first hard-modded the Wii and then soft-modded it after finding an exploit.

Also, I just remembered this but Nintendo is releasing a DSiWare program called "Petit Computer" which is basically a program that allows you to write programs using an adapted version of the BASIC programming language. Right now it has no official date or price, but you can find it in the e-shop. I believe that this is going to be the closest we can currently get to 3DS homebrew.
I don't know if it's too early to ask but do you have a rough estimate or guess to when he will get the keys or a solution to this issue?

Transdude1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't know if it's too early to ask but do you have a rough estimate or guess to when he will get the keys or a solution to this issue?

Who knows? It could be next week or it could be another year until he finds it.

Right now, the closest we can get to an actual homebrew channel is "Petit Computer" when it comes out. Other than that, just bare with everything else such as drawing on "Colors! 3D" or watching videos on the camera program.

rexe11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Could it be this easy?

I looked into the files my 3DS created in my SD Card. There is a folder which contains Demo Apps.
I transfered this folder into another SD card. Amazingly, my 3DS recognise it and even playable.
Then I thought, could it be this easy for distributing (or back-up) digital-downloaded games? (e.g. NSMB2)

Edit: It worked on my 3DS. I wonder whether it will work for transferring an App from one 3DS to another.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could it be this easy?

I looked into the files my 3DS created in my SD Card. There is a folder which contains Demo Apps.
I transfered this folder into another SD card. Amazingly, my 3DS recognise it and even playable.
Then I thought, could it be this easy for distributing (or back-up) digital-downloaded games? (e.g. NSMB2)
Yes, between the single 3DS system that the games were downloaded on.

rexe11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Could it be this easy?

How about transferring to another?

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could it be this easy?

It's locked to the eShop account that paid for it.

rexe11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Could it be this easy?

What if I deleted my eShop account after downloading the app? Won't it still work?
If it still works, there maybe a little exploring to do. ^^

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could it be this easy?

What if I deleted my eShop account after downloading the app? Won't it still work?
If it still works, there maybe a little exploring to do. ^^
I don't think so, but you can try if you want. I'll be keeping my eShop account..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...