Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
For now, I think this could actually be a prototype. I don't think one solo person would go out of their way to make something like that, and for it to be fake. I'm not saying it's real or fake, but it looks extremely similar in design to a DS Lite, with the gloss, headphone port, etc...I mean, dev teams have already gotten development kits for it, and they need something to test their games on, and actual hardware would be the best thing, since an emulator is slow and unreliable, and it can't provide the 3D-without-glasses that the 3DS is supposed to have.

Saddamsdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowInferno119 said:
Hmm, Maybe someone 3D rendered the prototype, instead of taking pictures, as to avoid any legal problems?
Making a custom 3d model just to leak it, when you have the thing yourself? don't think so.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
has anyone actually thought about the Name 3DS

alot of people just jump and say OOHH 3D

but anyone thought of the Life of the DS

DS FAT & Lite (First Gen DS)

DSI & DSI XL (Second Gen DS)

3DS (3rd Gen DS)

anyone thought the 3 could just be the gen number

or if where believe these pics it means the screen can rotate in the 3 dimensions

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's probably just a prototype.

If it is... that means ANALOG STICK!!!

It looks cool, but it looks like it would be to unbalanced when its open. So you would have to try to hold it up.

Edit:

In addition to the SD card and DS slot, there's the slot for the microphone/headset thing like all the other DS's. It seems like it could be legit, but definitely not even close to being finished.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Pong20302000 said:
has anyone actually thought about the Name 3DS

alot of people just jump and say OOHH 3D

but anyone thought of the Life of the DS

DS FAT & Lite (First Gen DS)

DSI & DSI XL (Second Gen DS)

3DS (3rd Gen DS)

anyone thought the 3 could just be the gen number

or if where believe these pics it means the screen can rotate in the 3 dimensions
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2010/100323e.pdf
QUOTEon which games can be enjoyed with 3D effects without the need for any special glasses

ShadowInferno119

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
on which games can be enjoyed with 3D effects without the need for any special glasses

Lol. Just wanted to say I love your signature. Some of the funniest quotes I've seen. Especially since I remember most of them.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Why can't you guys give it the benefit of the doubt ? Is it so much to ask ?
Every time we see something new and unexpected, everybody jumps pointing guns and screaming FAKE.
It's the same every time.
Photoshopped or not, it's a nice , plausible concept. I'd rather wait a few more months and see what it really will look like when it'll be reviled.
Those guys analyzing the little microscopic details on the picture to prove it's fake are pathetic.
It's an interesting concept for a prototype never the less.
I'll just wait and see.

qlum

Posting when needed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Its also a fake because it lacks the shoulder buttons which are needed to be 100% backwards compatible with ds/dsi and it also it lacks the two cameras which are also needed for dsi backwards compatibility. Full backwards compatibility was confirmed by Nintendo.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
qlum said:
Its also a fake because it lacks the shoulder buttons which are needed to be 100% backwards compatible with ds/dsi and it also it lacks the two cameras which are also needed for dsi backwards compatibility. Full backwards compatibility was confirmed by Nintendo.
Shoulder buttons were on the back...there were pictures and everything.

qlum

Posting when needed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ProtoKun7 said:
qlum said:
still there is no camera on the back
0016.jpg

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
qlum said:
ProtoKun7 said:
qlum said:
0016.jpg
I only disputed the shoulder buttons.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
qlum said:
ProtoKun7 said:
qlum said:
0016.jpg
For all we know the camera could come up when you slide the screen upwards, think of it as a way to protect the lenses.....
Like I said , we don't know shit at this point, this is just an idea of what a prototype could look like, and people still comes here to scream FAKE......in this case without even looking at the fricking picture where you can clearly see the shoulder buttons, so much for an argument.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OBJECTION!
Prototype or not, it should not have cross-tip screws.
This has been Phoenix Wright, solving another mystery.

Nah, just kidding. It could be real, but I hope not because it's as ugly as fuck. It's not like Nintendo to design something that's not sleek and sexy. I think they'll change it before release just like how the original prototype DS was changed. Plus, I hate the DS-mode on this thing. It seems like you're playing an extra-long GBC.

Can someone tell me what this picture compares:
0030.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo