Possible to play online multiplayer GB games?

Xelnok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been looking for a way to play the pokemon trading card game (original GB) game online with a friend who lives halfway across the country. We have tried vbalink and couldn't get it to work.

I was wondering if anyone has been able to find an emulator and successfully play an original GB game with someone online?

If so i could use some advice, what emulators/settings, etc.

Thanks

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I've only been able to play with myself. I'm sure you would need an actual server, kind of like WoW. But a very small one if it's just the two of you.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
VBALink should work just fine, I've used it various times to play games with a friend of mine a couple states over. Make sure VBALink is allowed through your firewall, and if you need to make sure whatever port it uses is being forwarded.

Otherwise, you could make your own Hamachi server and have your friend connect to that.

Reactions: Satangel

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I've only been able to play with myself. I'm sure you would need an actual server, kind of like WoW. But a very small one if it's just the two of you.

You dirty bastard.

Xelnok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VBALink should work just fine, I've used it various times to play games with a friend of mine a couple states over. Make sure VBALink is allowed through your firewall, and if you need to make sure whatever port it uses is being forwarded.

Otherwise, you could make your own Hamachi server and have your friend connect to that.

Just wanting to make sure this is with the original gameboy, not gba? We actually have tried using hamachi, as well as disabling all firewalls etc.

I do have a new internet provider/router now that i haven't tried using yet.

Everytime we would get to the screen where the game is trying to link our two games it would freeze and we would have to reset.

Xel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)