Possible fix to error 2110-1118

kbm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just installed HWFLY and after booting I no longer could connect to WiFi.
It seems removing the CPU cover is more tricky because of the 0201 components hidden underneath.

This is a picture of the damaged capacitor in one of the CPU tabs on the left side, near the UMT-KS silkscreen:

dmg cap.jpg

Just resoldering it fixed the issue.

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to lift the metal cover on ram chip's side first, it's easier to work on the upper right corner as there's no smd component nearby.

Btw I just worked on a switch oled weeks ago that gives error 2110-1118 when scanning for wifi. Sometime it works after a reboot but usually it just gives the error code. Bluetooth's normal and controllers connect without any issue. Checked those 2 SMD capacitors next to SoC with multimeter and values seem normal (about 1.2V on one side and 0.6V on the other, diode mode), same reading on a fully working motherboard. Tried to reflow the wireless chip and the problem goes away. Searched online and seems like a lot of people also have issues with the bcm4356 chip on oled consoles. Nice job nintendo, as always..

drakal10

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Try to lift the metal cover on ram chip's side first, it's easier to work on the upper right corner as there's no smd component nearby.

Btw I just worked on a switch oled weeks ago that gives error 2110-1118 when scanning for wifi. Sometime it works after a reboot but usually it just gives the error code. Bluetooth's normal and controllers connect without any issue. Checked those 2 SMD capacitors next to SoC with multimeter and values seem normal (about 1.2V on one side and 0.6V on the other, diode mode), same reading on a fully working motherboard. Tried to reflow the wireless chip and the problem goes away. Searched online and seems like a lot of people also have issues with the bcm4356 chip on oled consoles. Nice job nintendo, as always..
do you know the specs of those two capacitors? io would need to change them but i am unsure of what s the correct type...thanks!

provato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to revive it to say a BIG THANK YOU, sir, you saved my day. This exact same capacitor was causing the 2110-1118 error for me and resoldering it brought switch wireless connectivity back

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with...