Hacking Possible first 3DS homebrew or fake?

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will only believe it if I see the bottom screen.

Edit: Zooming in on the Wii's internet channel. There is a bit of glowing of "Hello, World"

Jono1250

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
TehSkull said:
That Activity log bit is real. Go to your activity log and hit the Page View button.

I find it interesting that he spent time in System Settings and in the ????? cart, but not any time in the photo viewer.

Easily explained, mind you. Just interesting.

This. Very true.

but please, elaborate, how exactly would this be easily explained?

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jono1250 said:
TehSkull said:
That Activity log bit is real. Go to your activity log and hit the Page View button.

I find it interesting that he spent time in System Settings and in the ????? cart, but not any time in the photo viewer.

Easily explained, mind you. Just interesting.

This. Very true.

but please, elaborate, how exactly would this be easily explained?

Easily explained since we don't see both screens at once, there's no reason he couldn't have done the photo viewer at one time and the viewed the activity log at another time.

I'm highly skeptical of this as of the demonstrated nature of how easy it would be to make a fake photo up top. The fact that we only ever see one screen at once is very sketchy.

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
Considering the fact the 3DS us in one piece (almost completely rules out ram injection) and that there doesnt seem to be any hardware attached, this is probably a fake. If it isn't it's probably just some sort of image file exploit (like the original DSi and PSP hacks)

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Image0019.jpg

OMG I got it to work guys!

not rry.
disable 3d in parental controls(system settings, just like her activity log), view picture saying "hello world" in 3ds camera channel, take picture with phone.
Try to use a phone what doesn't has a cracked camera lens.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Nollog said:
Image0019.jpg

OMG I got it to work guys!

not rry.
disable 3d in parental controls(system settings, just like her activity log), view picture saying "hello world" in 3ds camera channel, take picture with phone.
Try to use a phone what doesn't has a cracked camera lens.
Too far to the right.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Person that made this is probably sitting back reading this and laughing. If I was the first to hack a system and run un-signed code, I'd defo make a video showing it off. There's nothing here that most people wouldn't be able to do with a stock DS and a bit of photoshop skill.

hergipotter

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Maybe he's not showing the bottom screen because it would tell nintendo how he had done it...

But i also think it's more likely to be fake.

tvararu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Everyone was quick to point out the supposed "flaws" in the undoctored 720p video of the PS3 dongle unveil. It turned out to be true.

The top portion can be indeed reproduced in photo viewer with a regular jpeg and parental controls off for the 3D. This can not be defended against.

A plausible explanation for why the author didn't take pictures of both screens could be his camera quality and having to focus on one of the two screens to get any sort of image clarity. Moreover, if the top really is homebrew, the bottom screen would likely be completely black and rather irrelevant (then you people would conveniently point out another explanation such as a faulty screen or black duct tape). The second screen is from the integrated software and as such the bottom is once more irrelevant.

That G6Flash "proof" on Reddit is hardly relevant; the thumbnail is not blank, and the name is not a bunch of question marks. You can supposedly change the name, but there is no image to prove the concept.

"It can be shooped" is also not an explanation without proof, somebody going out of his way to do it.

The defense pleads not guilty.

Jono1250

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think we can all agree, that until we have further information about said pictures, we cannot brand it as "real" or "fake".

If it is fake it's a damned good effort.
If it's real, then WHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!1!!!1!!!11

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work