Homebrew [Port/Release] 3DSFAT16Tool - C Rewrite by d0k3

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I decrypted my fat16 nand partition using the programs provided, but when I mount the image in osfmount the first folders look fine, but all the contents of all folders have unreadable gibberish in them. Does this mean it wasn't fully decrypted? Or is it simply osfmount?

Edit: ok so I just read through the posts, and I'm on 10.6 to. Is it possible to generate legit xorpads now?

Last edited by Sketchy1,

AndreAR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
This is just a C rewrite of 3DSFAT16Tool, which was orginally written by @cearp and has been improved upon by @swarzesherz. You may use this to dump and decrypt / inject and encrypt the FAT16 partition from your NAND backup. Other than the original script, this doesn't need Python and additional libraries installed on your PC. It also has a pretty low memory requirement and might be faster than the original one. Dumping and decrypting the CTRNAND FAT16 partition from the N3DS NAND.bin for me takes less than 10 seconds.

Usage:
Code:
3DSFAT16tool [-d|-i] [NAND] [FAT16] [XORPAD]
-d   Dump FAT16 from NAND file
-i   Inject FAT16 to NAND file

NAND   -> your NAND backup, dump via Decrypt9, GW launcher.dat or rxTools
FAT16  -> the FAT16 image, must exist for injecting, will be created/overwritten for dumping
XORPAD -> NAND XORPAD, generate using Decrypt9 or rxTools

Example:
3DSFAT16tool -d NAND.bin NAND.fat16.bin NAND.fat16.xorpad
It will automagically recognize xorpad type by xorpad size. It will process O3DS / N3DS CTRNAND and TWLN xorpads. TWLN xorpads can be used to set up SudokuHax. All types of xorpads can be generated via my work-in-progress fork of Decrypt9. Always generate the xorpads on the same 3DS the NAND backup is from.

The FAT16 image can be viewed and edited via WinImage or OSFmount (the better alternative) on Windows. On other OSes just changing the extension to .ISO and mounting it may be enough.

Source code and Windows binary ('EXE') is included and the download is attached. You may also download the release and participate on the development on Github.

Update: For all command line illiterates among you, @x7l7j8cc has made a GUI for this. Grab it from here. Also, @Apache Thunder has made a simple batch script to streamline the process of dumping / editing / injecting and released it in the post below.
I try to open it but it crashes, I tried with the .py that @cearp created and the same results

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh