Alerek

OP
Trophies
Website
alerek.cjb.net
XP
Country
United States
Hey Hey. I have a problem. I'm trying to play world of warcraft with my girlfriend here....we're using the same internet connection, but I know I have a ton of bandwidth. We keep getting disconnected, almost systematically every 30 mins or so. I was thinking that using port forwarding to get her reserved on her own spots, so we dont bump heads may help?

I'm not real experienced with the port forwarding stuff.

fenthwick

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't think it has something to do with the ports if the game is running and working. I assume you're using a wireless router. I might be because the signal gets lost or that like my router did was that it swiched the internal IPs between the computers.

So check if it's in aplace so the ginal doesn't gett interfered/blocked. Or if it's the IP thing then login to the router and there should be (hopefully, depends on router) a option for you to assign an internal IP to a specific computer.

Oh and make sure no computer downloads anything while you play.

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I, too, don't think it is a problem that has to do with your ports and the way they are forwarded. Sure, it would help when downloading a WoW update using their torrent client, but that's another story.

Perhaps it is your router that is causing your grief.

Alerek

OP
Trophies
Website
alerek.cjb.net
XP
Country
United States
I may have not explained my problem the right way. Regardless, I did the whole port forward thing, just had PC 2 in this problem use another port in lieu of the port wow wants, and voila, we don't randomly disconnect anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: so..... yeah