Hacking Polling Station: How desperate are you for the kernel exploit?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 12,121
  • Replies 78

How desperate are you for the kernel exploit?

• Very Very VERY desperate!

Votes: 69 37.7%
  • I'd say I'm rather desperate!

Votes: 16 8.7%
  • I'm quite keen.

Votes: 54 29.5%
  • Not very keen...

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • Meh!

Votes: 33 18.0%

• Total voters

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
Why would i be desperate?, the Wii U it's a console that will end in the same way as a NES, SNES, N64, NGC and Wii consoles. It's going to be completely hacked sooner or later, the same thing will happen with the PS4 and Xbox One, in some years so, instead of being desperate for something i know it's going to come, i'll rather play some of the best games i can with my consoles, I assure you that when you finish most of the games for each generation, the hack will be released, so, i'm just going to wait with a little of patience.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would i be desperate?, the Wii U it's a console that will end in the same way as a NES, SNES, N64, NGC and Wii consoles. It's going to be completely hacked sooner or later, the same thing will happen with the PS4 and Xbox One, in some years so, instead of being desperate for something i know it's going to come, i'll rather play some of the best games i can with my consoles, I assure you that when you finish most of the games for each generation, the hack will be released, so, i'm just going to wait with a little of patience.

The ps3 and 360 softmodding was blocked, sure the earlier versions could be softmodded, but not after that. What makes you think the ps4 and xbone will be able to accept a softmod any time soon or if it will ever happen?

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
The ps3 and 360 softmodding was blocked, sure the earlier versions could be softmodded, but not after that. What makes you think the ps4 and xbone will be able to accept a softmod any time soon or if it will ever happen?
The Nintendo DS depends on hardmod to works, and it's not even exactly a hardmod, it's just a flashcard, besides, it's incredible easy to find common PS3 and Xbox 360's on Internet and some stores, so, even if a softmod isn't reachable, then we're going with hardmod, no problem, and as i said before, every console it's going to be hacked in some way or another, look that a PS3 emulator is being developed as we're talking right now, and in a future, the compatibility will be at 100%.

The PS4 and Xbox One are another matter, it's most probably going with the same fate as PS3 and Xbox360 consoles met, that the earlier versions of each console are going to be softmodded, and the rest of them hardmodded, but someday find a PS4 hacked, either soft or hard, will be easy.

So, technically speaking, every 7th generation console can be hacked at this point, some of them like Xenon are really hard to do some modifications to the main system but, it's going to be fixed, aswell PS3 with OFW 3.56 onwards, and that sounds really hard to reach, but at some point it will be possible.

Besides, Hacking will be doable, if that wasn't the case, not even a single console would be hacked, including the most easier to do like PSP, PS2 and Wii.

Wellington2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd love a kernel exploit to transfer save data and play homebrew, but for piracy? No. I really could care less about piracy on Wii U.

And let's not forget about region-free. Taiko no Tatsujin is calling me. :sleep:

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Nintendo just went fucking insane with the amiibo paywall.
I agree. I don't understand why people hate DLC but are jumping for joy over Amiibos

@Demifiend No need to type in all bold. It's kind of straining on the eyes. While I agree that in the case of the Wii U, it'll happen sooner or later, I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a guarantee that all consoles will be hacked.

Reactions: thorasgar
D

Deleted User

OP
Gosh! It's the end of the day in my Time Zone, and I've already stirred up a very effective and strong debate! Well done, and thanks for sharing all of your opinions and arguments! :P:P :unsure::unsure:

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
I agree. I don't understand why people hate DLC but are jumping for joy over Amiibos

@Demifiend No need to type in all bold. It's kind of straining on the eyes. While I agree that in the case of the Wii U, it'll happen sooner or later, I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a guarantee that all consoles will be hacked.

I like bold, but i can understand why some people prefer to write like this so, well, I'll write like this then, aside from that, I know that all the consoles will or can be hacked, just look at the emulators for PC and consoles, there are emulators for Atari 2600, 5200, 7800, Jaguar, NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Sega Genesis, Sega Game Gear, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, (Being in development) 3DS, PS1, PS2, (Being in development) PS3, PSP, Turbografx 16, Xbox, and their shit-ton of games that are available in each console.

You see what i'm talking about, no matter how hard it is, any console can be hacked, even if it takes 5 years or dozens of years, it doesn't matter, it will be hacked, the ones that aren't hacked but they aren't from this generation like Ouya or i don't know, it's because it isn't neccesary since the main focus of Ouya it's to play emulated games, since that console can do that thing.

I know many people are desperate for a kernel exploit, backup loaders, emulators and the endless posibilities, but look at me, i had a 3DS during 2011, as a kid, and i was growing in a enviroment where hacking was the most common thing, so, i had to wait 4 years to actually achieve something, i know that Gateway was released during 2013, but they were rare and expensive where i live so, I couldn't do anything, it wasn't until rxtools, pasta and other CFW's where taking dominance on these kind of things, so, now that i'm able to play homebrews on 3DS aswell some other things, in a certain way, i knew that this will happen someday, and my prediction was true.

And so, according with my next predictions, a hack for the next 8th generation consoles will happen and so, every important console will be hacked, and very possibly emulated at some point, so, i'm not complaining about anything, really.

optikalsaint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AND I am also a game studio (hence the name Voxel Studios)!

If you're a game studio then talk to Nintendo and get a development unit. Last time I spoke with them about a ImpactJS project I was working on they tried pretty hard to get me to take a dev unit for 6 months before making payments on it. If you have a good idea and you have a game development studio as you claim then the kernal exploit is unnecessary and getting a development unit is easy if you can pay for it after those six months.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States

Probably because they're not really DLC. For one, it's a figurine. A Nintendo figurine at that. That in itself would attract collectors, not necessarily those that want what they unlock, or even those that have a Wii U or 3DS. Even if people buy them for what they unlock, it unlocks extras for a multitude of games, not just one.

D

Deleted User

OP
If you're a game studio then talk to Nintendo and get a development unit. Last time I spoke with them about a ImpactJS project I was working on they tried pretty hard to get me to take a dev unit for 6 months before making payments on it. If you have a good idea and you have a game development studio as you claim then the kernal exploit is unnecessary and getting a development unit is easy if you can pay for it after those six months.
I mentioned this in an earlier thread; I am going to be getting the dev kit in a few years time.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You don't want the kernel exploit right now.

Trust me.
Why?

crediar

Possiblenator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I mentioned this in an earlier thread; I am going to be getting the dev kit in a few years time.
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
Why?

Because it takes about 1-20 tries to work and see how much problems and discussion an exploits that actually works very well (here it works every time) has caused.
I'm not sure if people are keen to unplug the power to their console so often.

Just wait the world isn't going to end soon, so what's the rush?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...