Hacking Polling Station: How desperate are you for the kernel exploit?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 12,080
  • Replies 78

How desperate are you for the kernel exploit?

• Very Very VERY desperate!

Votes: 69 37.7%
  • I'd say I'm rather desperate!

Votes: 16 8.7%
  • I'm quite keen.

Votes: 54 29.5%
  • Not very keen...

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • Meh!

Votes: 33 18.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted User

OP
Boy, I seem to be posting a lot, lately!

Anyway, it's been quite the while since MrBean35000vr and Chadderz showed off their game modding exploit, and now, they've been keeping rather quiet about it lately. I know for a fact that they did say they were going to release around E3 time; but E3's ended now. So, today I'm going to put together a little poll to see how desperate people are for the kernel exploit! This will determine whether they're being a bit slow with releasing it.
Now, before people start to have a rant and a rave at me - I know it takes time and effort to polish up such a delicate exploit like this, but if they could just release something like a beta version, or the most stable version they have, it would be grand to see what's in store!
So, without any further ado, let's see how keen you all are for the kernel exploit:

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
but if they could just release something like a beta version, or the most stable version they have, it would be grand to see what's in store!

They did that with the webkit exploit and the result was 30 pages of people complaining that it's not working, or a handful of examples that do little more than print hello world. It's been almost two weeks since the exploit was released, and at the moment we've got a bunch of half-baked programs. The most interesting thing is the Pong example.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for all of the work going into this, but releasing a second broken exploit would just drive interest away from the project. The webkit exploit should have never been released until it was completely polished and ready.

D

Deleted User

OP
They did that with the webkit exploit and the result was 30 pages of people complaining that it's not working, or a handful of examples that do little more than print hello world. It's been almost two weeks since the exploit was released, and at the moment we've got a bunch of half-baked programs. The most interesting thing is the Pong example.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for all of the work going into this, but releasing a second broken exploit would just drive interest away from the project. The webkit exploit should have never been released until it was completely polished and ready.
I'm not talking about that kind of exploit - not the "hello world" one! I'm talking about the game modding kernel exploit that Chadderz and MrBean35000vr used. Here's the video:

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what the kernel exploit is exactly. The video only shows Mario Kart 8, and I can't think of where RAM editing would be necessary to me in the Wii U games I played. Unless I want to cheat, or after beating a game, I just mess around.

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not talking about that kind of exploit - not the "hello world" one! I'm talking about the game modding kernel exploit that Chadderz and MrBean35000vr used. Here's the video:

Exactly, you need the kernel exploit to accomplish that, and the kernel exploit is not finished. It shouldn't be released in any state that's unstable.

D

Deleted User

OP
I don't know what the kernel exploit is exactly. The video only shows Mario Kart 8, and I can't think of where RAM editing would be necessary to me in the Wii U games I played. Unless I want to cheat, or after beating a game, I just mess around.
Don't want to be mean, bro, but have you done your research? You can do a LOT more with the "RAM editing"! Not only can you cheat, but you can edit almost all values and aspects of the game, such as physics, numerical values such as coins, speed etc. Also, you can read the Wii U game disc file structure and dump the files from the disc itself! The list is endless!

Edit: You can also perform file swaps, as well, such as BGM swapping!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's so unreliable right now, it would be a waste to release it as is. Nintendo will just patch it and screw over the upcoming IOSU exploit.
So, what? Just persuade everyone to block the updates! But, then again, you can't play any future games and updates, so you're 90% right, I guess!

D

Deleted User

OP
I'm not begging for it to be released or anything, but I don't exactly not want it to be released. Personally I don't care if it's released in an unpolished state- as long as it somewhat works.
I totally Agree; Same, Here!

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not begging for it to be released or anything, but I don't exactly not want it to be released. Personally I don't care if it's released in an unpolished state- as long as it somewhat works.

I want to get it out to competent game modders in private before releasing everything, since otherwise, it will just be completely wasted and get patched. I've already started doing this, as people like NWPlayer123, MrRean, and soneek have access, but allowing game modding scenes to start forming is important.

D

Deleted User

OP
I want to get it out to competent game modders in private before releasing everything, since otherwise, it will just be completely wasted and get patched. I've already started doing this, as people like NWPlayer123, MrRean, and soneek have access, but allowing game modding scenes to start forming is important.
Psst! Are you up for giving one more guy the exploit? Or are you just sharing with friends?

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

OP
I haven't, that's why I asked exactly what it does. I only caught the RAM editing. So could I edit SSB4 music files? As great as the music is, I'd love to put custom tracks.
Oh, OK then! Good to see that you're interested as well!

edit: Only just saw the question! :wacko: You could probably replace the music files! Maybe not editing them, though.

D

Deleted User

OP
Unless you're a known game modder, there's no way he'll give you the exploit.
Well, let's just see what he has to say; he may just share it with me! I do like to mod games, as well, AND I am also a game studio (hence the name Voxel Studios)!

D

Deleted User

OP
Unless you're a known game modder, there's no way he'll give you the exploit.
I think the quote in your comment is still showing my email; could you just tweak that for me, please! Thanks in advance.

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Psst! Are you up for giving one more guy the exploit? Or are you just sharing with friends?

I'm not sharing with them because they're my friends, I'm sharing with them because I know what they can do. NWPlayer123 and MrRean were in the SMG hacking scene that I was a part of, and I didn't actually know soneek, but saw his work on music importing. If you can show that you have the necessarily skills for game modding, I would consider providing the exploit, provided that I can trust you so it doesn't end up leaking. ("you" is aimed at anyone)

Reactions: paulloeduardo
D

Deleted User

OP
I'm not sharing with them because they're my friends, I'm sharing with them because I know what they can do. NWPlayer123 and MrRean were in the SMG hacking scene that I was a part of, and I didn't actually know soneek, but saw his work on music importing. If you can show that you have the necessarily skills for game modding, I would consider providing the exploit, provided that I can trust you so it doesn't end up leaking. ("you" is aimed at anyone)
Please, please, please, you can trust me; I would never share something that you wouldn't want sharing, that's a promise!
Here's a video of proof that I can mod games. This one is where I replace Sonic's blue body texture for a green body texture in Sonic Colors Wii:

That's not all! Check out my channel - I have done mods, hacks, and all sorts!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCILc8IY4vP038BJ84Rvwh7A/featured

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't see a reason for this thread to exist.

It'll be here eventually, regardless of how desperately anyone might want it right this instant.
The point of this thread is to see how bad people want this exploit.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought my Wii U to use it legit so I could care less about hacking it (for piracy). Hopefully when it gets fully hacked there is some good homebrew for it and any version of the system will be hackable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: im going off now...I'll turn off my brain