Hacking POLL: Are you still going to buy Switch games after today's announcement?

Are you still going to buy Switch games now that the kernal is released?

• Total voters

Tonydaexpert

C++ Pleb, but with a Monado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd have to actually own a Switch first. I haven't bought a Nintendo home console since I got a Wii about 3 years ago. I (wisely) skipped the Wii U, because they're still $300. And now that production is over, that price will only go up.
Why are you in this section of the forum?

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
regardless if you pay for it, its still piracy is it not.

name me one system that hasnt been hacked and had piracy practically straight after the hack.

Paying for it doesn't mean piracy. Could be used for backups instead of carrying cartridges.

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I mean you can rip or buy digital in the first place?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No but it doesn't mean you're not allowed to make it happen. As long as they are for yourself and yourself only, there's nothing wrong. And before you say, modding a console is not an illegal action. Any product you own, you have the right to do as you see fit with it as long as it's not being used for wrong doings such as suspicious online activities.

Reactions: ShonenJump

ShonenJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No but it doesn't mean you're not allowed to make it happen. As long as they are for yourself and yourself only, there's nothing wrong. And before you say, modding a console is not an illegal action. Any product you own, you have the right to do as you see fit with it as long as it's not being used for wrong doings such as suspicious online activities.
Honestly speaking, if you plan to buy a console just because of hacking, or you're planning to NOT buy one just because of hacking, there's something wrong with you.

Just enjoy the product, and if you like it, support the developers so the can make more :)
hacking is just a bonus. But the main reasons are to enjoy the console what games it has to offer

Beerus

Gbatemp's God Of Destruction
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
yup still gonna buy games after i hack your account and buy the games with our money

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

inb4 p1ing pong shut down

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly speaking, if you plan to buy a console just because of hacking, or you're planning to NOT buy one just because of hacking, there's something wrong with you.
I bought the original Wii, PSP, PSTV, and a second 3DS just because of hacking, but still occasionally pay for 3DS games with Ever Oasis being the most recent.

While I don't yet own a Switch, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has already been preordered and a more concentrated effort to acquire one will likely be made once Super Mario Odyssey hits.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't matter I am just curious why someone not interested in a product would be on a forum about that said Product. There is nothing wrong with it. I am just really curious.
Prospective buyers. Oo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Software update might improve it.