Gaming Poll: Are you happy with the quantity of upcoming Wii U games in 2015?

Are you happy with the quantity of upcoming Wii U games in 2015?

• Total voters

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The problem that Splatoon will face is online. That is, Nintendo's trying hard to make it a multiplayer online shooter game that's fun with up to 8 players playing at the same time, so here's my question to you... Is Nintendo particularly known for stable and reliable multiplayer online games? Let's say Nintendo's servers are up to the task and latency is kept to a minimum, that only fixes one part of the problem. The other is that Nintendo needs more marketshare for anyone to even care to play a multiplayer online game on the Wii U. If the online experience is anything like it is in Smash Bros., which is to say mediocre, then Splatoon will fail. (That's almost a given since we know the single player campaign is an afterthought and the game is designed around the multiplayer experience.)

I've always had flawless internet connection with Mario Kart 8 and Smash Wii U but the problem with Splatoon is that it probably won't have many people online to play with. There's better chances of CoD BO2/Ghosts having more players hooked up for it than a 'kiddy' shooter and this doesn't have anything to do with the fact that CoDs' been out for ages rather simply what Splatoon's going for.

Nintendo should make Shadow Mario a pre-order DLC iniciative because this definitely feels like something out of Sunshine (and Epic Mickey).

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I've always had flawless internet connection with Mario Kart 8 and Smash Wii U but the problem with Splatoon is that it probably won't have many people online to play with.
That's exactly what I was getting at. I have to respectfully disagree with your statement about a flawless online experience in Smash Bros., though. I have the Wii LAN Adapter and a connection with an uplink of 10Mbps and downlink of 100Mbps with 20ms latency typical. It's excellent. However, when I played online in Smash Bros., I'd say 9 out of 10 matches had heavy lag or skipping framerate. I understand that it depends a lot on the connection of the other player (and perhaps where I'm situated in globally), but I've never had issues like these with other games that I play online. (I haven't had problems in Mario Kart 8, for example.)

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
That's exactly what I was getting at. I have to respectfully disagree with your statement about a flawless online experience in Smash Bros., though. I have the Wii LAN Adapter and a connection with an uplink of 10Mbps and downlink of 100Mbps with 20ms latency typical. It's excellent. However, when I played online in Smash Bros., I'd say 9 out of 10 matches had heavy lag or skipping framerate. I understand that it depends a lot on the connection of the other player (and perhaps where I'm situated in globally), but I've never had issues like these with other games that I play online. (I haven't had problems in Mario Kart 8, for example.)

You could have the best internet connection in the world but if the person on the other end is laggy then that doesn't matter at all. I guess I'd call myself lucky since I didn't encounter laggy players so I'd say 1/10 at the very least lagged a session for me.

I'm probably going to skip Splatoon and stick with Xenoblade, Zelda, Yoshi and Kirby.

Not really sure what to expect of Project C.A.R.S really, it'll definitely be a lot better on PS4 anyway.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Meh, I've gotten used to not using them so that's not really what it'd make a big difference for me.

It's the framerate, resolution and content that matter the most, imo.

You've fallen for the Nintendo trap, my buddy. I know that I sound like a broken record, but not having analog triggers does severely impact racing games, especially a sim racer like Project CARS. Of course it won't affect those who push down the triggers all the way all the time, but for more serious players who need that fine control analog triggers are a must.

And as for framerate and resolution, I'd probably say it's best to play Project CARS on PC with a proper wheel. No console is going to offer a good experience. PS4 / Xbox One may come close, though I suspect 1080p 60fps with full AF/AA is a pipe dream at best.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Mario Party 10 in UK the pre-order price is as low as £26.99 ($40.88) so I guess it might sell fairly well putting aside the lack of online play and the 'DLC' content.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Seems to me like Nintendo have pushed out their best games for Wii U, with the exception of Zelda, and maybe Star Fox. Other games like Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Mario Maker, Mario Party 10, Splatoon, etc. all have a small scale filler quality to it. Not big enough to cause any real hype but enough for Nintendo to prove that they're not ditching their console.

But hey, E3's six months away. Nintendo might still have some tricks up their sleeves.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
  • Splatoon - Do want
  • Yoshi's Woolly World - No interest whatsoever
  • Mario Maker - MUST HAVE
  • Mario Party 10 - Might get depending on price
  • Project Giant Robot (?) - No interest
  • Kirby and the Rainbow Curse - No interest (hate the style)
  • Project Guard (?) - No thanks, looks boring
  • Star Fox - Might get depending on price/reviews
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X - MUST HAVE.
  • Zelda - Might get depending on reviews

Quite frankly the Nintendo lineup is great so far for me but then again, i am taking into account the fact Monster hunter 4 is coming on 3DS too but as an owner of both 3DS and Wii-u, Nintendo has my bases covered. Xenoblade Chronicles X and Zelda are huge games tho, depending on release dates, the latter half of 2015 looks to be covered, especially if Xenoblade has online multiplayer (which they breifly teased)

Would be nice to have another big game to tide us over untill the summer on the wii-u but it could be worse. There is enough coming to keep me happy for sure.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
It's interesting that some Nintendo fans elsewhere still defend the local multiplayer but I suppose those actually have people willing to play with while the rest would prefer online play, as I'd do.

No online play no buy. Maybe Mario Party 11, 12, 13, 14 or 15 will have online play.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
No online play no buy.
This. This!

It should be obvious. Even Capcom realized this and added native online support in MH4U for 3DS because they saw that people don't just play local multiplayer and having a Wii U acting as a hub to online play was insanely stupid. End result? No Wii U version and now there's online on 3DS without external aids. Moral of the story? People play online.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm looking at the 2015 lineup again.. shit looks weak until Star Fox/Zelda. without Fire emblem x SMT, I really feel this year is lacking in content. We have a guaranteed first quarter/third of the year with basically very short niche titles as far as I'm aware.

I have no interest in mario maker. This mario party DLC is a HUGE turn off for me.

star fox/xenoblade/zelda/splatoon/mario party are my picks for the year.

not bad and i feel the 3DS offers a few games for the first 12 of the year but still.. the big time-sink games with lots of depth seem to all be happening post september which sucks.

Deleted member 331788

Trophies
XP
Country
What the heck is Splatoon?? ...is this another Toad's Treasure Hunt thing??? ...like a quick cash'in game? ....and yet again, still no F-Zero???

The overall line up is poor, StarFox (maybe), Zelda (another Maybe) ...as for the rest, well there not worth it.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
What the heck is Splatoon?? ...is this another Toad's Treasure Hunt thing??? ...like a quick cash'in game? ....and yet again, still no F-Zero???

The overall line up is poor, StarFox (maybe), Zelda (another Maybe) ...as for the rest, well there not worth it.

It's a colourful kiddy shooter that looks to have the potential to be tons of fun, but it all depends on how many are willing to support it otherwise its online mode will be deserted.

2015's kind of a stinker for Wii U exclusives compared to 2014.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a colourful kiddy shooter that looks to have the potential to be tons of fun, but it all depends on how many are willing to support it otherwise its online mode will be deserted.

2015's kind of a stinker for Wii U exclusives compared to 2014.

To be fair, every year is a stinker for Wii U exclusives.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Bayonetta 2
Super Smash Bros.
Mario Kart 8
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

I won't even include Hyrule Warriors as it's just a reskinned Dynasty Warriors game or Captain Toad because, meh.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Aw man, Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart!

...And nothing else. Well I guess you can do Bayonetta 2 and maybe Hyrule Warriors (which wasn't even that well received) but if your idea of "hot year for exclusives" is 3, maybe 4 titles, then it's not a hot year.
I disagree (a bit). It depends on the quality of exclusive games. While one can argue that 2014 wasn't a hot (maybe warm) year, you can't however argue that hotness of a year with lets say games like New Zelda, New Metroid, New Star Fox and New F-Zero.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    500 GB NVMe, 750 GB
    SATA SSD 1 TB HDD
    honestly I don't play pc games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Once I buy this I'll be around 20tb worth of storage tho if we're talking all my drives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All this crap I got and all I do is pick up the GabeDick to fiddle with his happy stick
    idk the total storage cap I have
    50 TB orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I don't play PC games often. Mostly its all 90s-00s games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hm doing research quite possible my issue with this drive is bios related not detecting it fully
    run crystaldisk?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't think it would do much if gnome live even sees it as 2mb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vmd issue possibly
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Vmd issue possibly