Gaming Pokken Tournament DLC?

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hi,

Did Pokken Tournament for Wii U had DLC for Empolion and other characters or they got stuck with the originals? If I remember correctly, Empolion was announced on Serebii but I can't remember what exactly was article about. Also I remember that article went out way before Switch version of the game was even announced. So did Wii U version ever got new characters and is there possibility that we will also get new ones on switch?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Did Pokken Tournament for Wii U had DLC for Empolion and other characters or they got stuck with the originals? If I remember correctly, Empolion was announced on Serebii but I can't remember what exactly was article about. Also I remember that article went out way before Switch version of the game was even announced. So did Wii U version ever got new characters and is there possibility that we will also get new ones on switch?
Pokken Tournament DX on switch has more content than on wii u. It would be advised to get a copy if you want, if you own a Switch. Though if it doesn't interest you, then is fine to stick with what you have. This would be the case with the of wii u > switch ports like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. :)

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I didn't understand your answer correctly. So Wii U didn't get new characters and there is possibility that we won't also see new characters in future on Switch?

D

Deleted User

I didn't understand your answer correctly. So Wii U didn't get new characters and there is possibility that we won't also see new characters in future on Switch?
Pokken on the Wii U does not and never will have Empoleon, Darkrai, Croagunk, Scizor and Decidueye DLC. The Switch version has all the characters currently available in the arcade version of the game plus Decidueye.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokkén_Tournament#Characters

Given that it's going to be a long time before Nintendo releases a new home console there's a good chance we'll see character DLC for the Switch version of the game in the future.

Last edited by ,

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Also, a little bit off topic. Since i'm in early stage of playing that game, are every characters pretty much the same? I mean, there aren't some characters which have advantages over others?

Also, how do you avoid special attacks with Weavile since that character is 99% physical attacker and someone with special attacks most likely won't allow you to come close.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E