Pokemon X and Y announced for 3ds

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The real life tcg is a money pit. Every three years the cards become invaild to play with and thus every three years you have to start your collection over again. It's a beyond stupid rule and is the real reason pokemon tcg never took off compared to the other TCGs.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know what you guys are going on about. I already know what the announcement is. See, I have a buddy who has a friend who's mom's friend sons uncles daughter works at Nintendo and is best friends with the Pokemon Company. He said... well she said that he said that they heard that the announcement is just an announcement to be announced at E3 2014.

Reactions: porkiewpyne

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm hoping for the news to be about tougher battles and that team rocket will be a lot more challenging to defeat. Also I want to see my next PKMN pinball for the 3DS. Also PKMN snap 2 will be awesome.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original Pokemon TCG was just a great game. Well structured and a faithful adaptation of the actual TCG.

The actual TCG wasn't that bad either, I still have about 2,000 or so cards from it lying around. I'm sad they didn't try to expand the TCG franchise with some more video game adaptations, like I think some digital downloads would be good for it. Like there wasn't much to the original TCG video game, it was just a few trainers and some bosses. No real overworld or anything that'd take a ton of development/money to make. Just make something like that with the recent card sets in it.

Reactions: ChristianHood

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
Pokemon Garnet? A racist old Pikachu grumbles about a young charmander dating his Pichu daughter.... that is a very British reference, sorry!

The TCG game was great, all the fun of the real card game without any of the having to pick the cards up after angrily throwing them in a friends face when they ask how to use energy cards for the 4th time

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I wonder how many different TCG cards exist by now. I mean, they obviously don't have to add all of them, but since the old TCG game was released, a ton of new mechanics and cards got added. There's probably like thousands of different cards by now. I did a quick google, but was unable to find a number.

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
Didn't Wizards of the Coast get in Nintentrouble for trying to use the TCG to get people into Magic The Gathering? Then the franchise changed hands and it had to be made different to avoid lawsuits from WOTC who had a few near identical games?

I heard this once but it may have been lies lies from tiny eyes

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if its an announcement of a future announcement. Because thats basically all nintendo directs are.
"Hey guise, did you know Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Luigis mansion, and all these other games you want, are coming out sometime in the not so near future? Hope your excited kthxbai."

Reactions: Eerpow

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The real life tcg is a money pit. Every three years the cards become invaild to play with and thus every three years you have to start your collection over again. It's a beyond stupid rule and is the real reason pokemon tcg never took off compared to the other TCGs.

Welcome the world of trading card games.

Although with Magic they at least support multiple tournament formats you keep your cards from becoming completely useless after a set rotates out of Standard.

Also it's not like you can just play it casually and I'm sure "official leagues" (hard to say that with a straight face for Pokemon TCG) support a Legacy type of format.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh a new TCG game is not entirely impossible seeing as Nintendo did create this: http://www.pokemontcg.com/ The only problem with this game is... you can only play by buying cards in the real world and registering them on the site.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh a new TCG game is not entirely impossible seeing as Nintendo did create this: http://www.pokemontcg.com/ The only problem with this game is... you can only play by buying cards in the real world and registering them on the site.
So basically, this entire thing is a ploy to release Pokemon TCG 3DS and force us all to buy Pokemon AR Cards to be scanned by our 3DS'S in order to play the game?
Fucking knew it.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So basically, this entire thing is a ploy to release Pokemon TCG 3DS and force us all to buy Pokemon AR Cards to be scanned by our 3DS'S in order to play the game?
Fucking knew it.
Kind of seems to match the whole "we may do free to play" thing, doesn't it? :P

Reactions: chavosaur

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Guise, I know what the new game is. It's a free-to-play iOS game where you have to get your Pokémon onto various forms of public transport, overcoming various challenges like busy queues of commuters and buses parked slightly too far from the kerb. I know the question you're asking... however will you get your Pikachu onto that bus?

You poke him on, of course!

Reactions: porkiewpyne

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not entirely true. You don't get the cards you get in packs on the online tcg. You get a code from the pack and gives you a bunch of random cards. You can actually get unused codes from ebay for 99 cents to 5 dollars. The more expansive the code, the more virtual cards you usually get online. Plus they start you off with like 3 different editable decks to play with.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wonder if we'd be able to watch
Not entirely true. You don't get the cards you get in packs on the online tcg. You get a code from the pack and gives you a bunch of random cards. You can actually get unused codes from ebay for 99 cents to 5 dollars. The more expansive the code, the more virtual cards you usually get online. Plus they start you off with like 3 different editable decks to play with.

It's still just sucking out money from some kids pockets.

Reactions: chartube12

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
While that is true, you can still only play by buying cards (or card codes) in the real world. While you do get some cards to start off with, it's impossible to obtain more unless you pay for them.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason though (call me a pessimist) I feel like it'd be half the game the original was. Probably a bunch of lame shit added in and I haven't played the card game since the original generation..
Yeah it won't be as good just like how any none GBC Pokemon game isn't as good but still I'd take something else rather than the games in the main series, low effort spin offs like Mystery Dungeon, Ranger, Dash etc.

Also remember SNK Vs Capcom Card Fighters DS and how fucking shit that was compared to the excellent NGPC version was?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: You guys get ads?