• Total voters

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about chaining.
I had a 36 Skiddo chain going, when suddenly Zapdos out of nowhere, does that break the chain?
I ask because after that I used the Pokeradar again and the next encounter was a Skiddo again, so I'm not sure if it was coincidence or the chain keeps going.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I have a question about chaining.
I had a 36 Skiddo chain going, when suddenly Zapdos out of nowhere, does that break the chain?
I ask because after that I used the Pokeradar again and the next encounter was a Skiddo again, so I'm not sure if it was coincidence or the chain keeps going.

I think it does break your chain.

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it does break your chain.

Ah, bummer, i accidentally broke the chain after anyway.
While I'm asking questions, what is the best way to catch Zapdos? I keep trying to fly to where he is but obviously he moves, and there aren't any routes adjacent to each other like in previous games to keep walking between them.

Bousuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, bummer, i accidentally broke the chain after anyway.
While I'm asking questions, what is the best way to catch Zapdos? I keep trying to fly to where he is but obviously he moves, and there aren't any routes adjacent to each other like in previous games to keep walking between them.
Legendary Bird appearing while chaining doesn't break the chain at all, mate.
as for capturing it, I just used the pokedex and the bike, cause it felt like it was flying to its next random spot faster if I used fly to get to him. I ran into it about 8 or so times before it fled to Sea Spirit's Den.

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Legendary Bird appearing while chaining doesn't break the chain at all, mate.
as for capturing it, I just used the pokedex and the bike, cause it felt like it was flying to its next random spot faster if I used fly to get to him. I ran into it about 8 or so times before it fled to Sea Spirit's Den.

Cool, that's good to know.
It's funny because I tried to go after him and never found him, but then he appeared twice while i was chaining, in the same flowerbed even.
I'm in no hurry to get him anyway, so I'll just wait until I find him again randomly.

Sonia

Resident Bikini Gal
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://pokemondb.net/ability/illuminate

But, it says that the wild encounter rate increases, so maybe that's what they ment by x2? Well you never know.

Oh yeah, breeding lucarios is a damn b*tch.
Stupid baby riulo!

Oh, I see... Hey, Eilan! You wanna trade some near perfect or perfect IV dittos? I've got one with the imposter ability, but it's a lax nature...he's got bad IVs so I'm going to find a different one for you, but I really want a better one for the purpose of breeding... I'm so sick of Protean Greninja wrecking half my team. I killed it when I got to my third living party member, though. So much satisfaction.

Edit: Okay, I got a better one, it's a Hardy nature.

Hp: 24~27 Atk: 18~20 Def:1~3 Sp.A: 24~27
Sp.D: 31 Speed: 31

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, that's good to know.
It's funny because I tried to go after him and never found him, but then he appeared twice while i was chaining, in the same flowerbed even.
I'm in no hurry to get him anyway, so I'll just wait until I find him again randomly.

Choose a city and fly there. Then check the pokedex. Then fly to the same city. Check pokedex. Just keep flying to the same city and checking it's location with the pokedex til it's nearby (on an adjusted route). Then walk to said adjusted route. In 3-4 pokemon encounters on route, you should run into the bird. After it runs away, save and start the whole fly to same city and check pokedex over again. Keep doing it to the bird runs to the den. Averaged time for this to work is between 1.5-3.0 hours (for the bird to go to the den and for trainer to catch it). Some people on youtube have claimed to have gotten lucky with this method at 45 mins.

eilan25

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Oh, I see... Hey, Eilan! You wanna trade some near perfect or perfect IV dittos? I've got one with the imposter ability, but it's a lax nature...he's got bad IVs so I'm going to find a different one for you, but I really want a better one for the purpose of breeding... I'm so sick of Protean Greninja wrecking half my team. I killed it when I got to my third living party member, though. So much satisfaction.

Well, thanks to the awesome Tempers here I do have a ditto safari so I don't mind throwing some your way.
They only have 2 perfect IVs though (with rare ones having 3), I wish I had something better but that is what I use for breeding.
I will be online only at night though (noon for you, I guess?) so I'll just pm you.
Oh and BTW, you Greninja can be a hassle because of his insane speed but I like to lure him to use a grass/water type then to destroy him with my awesome LifeOrb Starmie!
Choose a city and fly there. Then check the pokedex. Then fly to the same city. Check pokedex. Just keep flying to the same city and checking it's location with the pokedex til it's nearby (on an adjusted route). Then walk to said adjusted route. In 3-4 pokemon encounters on route, you should run into the bird. After it runs away, save and start the whole fly to same city and check pokedex over again. Keep doing it to the bird runs to the den. Averaged time for this to work is between 1.5-3.0 hours (for the bird to go to the den and for trainer to catch it). Some people on youtube have claimed to have gotten lucky with this method at 45 mins.
Oh, god... I'm getting weird flashbacks to trying to catch the dogs in FireRed.
Took forever!! though with repeals and a Lvl 49 in the head of my party it was a little easier, maybe this can work in this game too?

Sonia

Resident Bikini Gal
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, thanks to the awesome Tempers here I do have a ditto safari so I don't mind throwing some your way.
They only have 2 perfect IVs though (with rare ones having 3), I wish I had something better but that is what I use for breeding.
I will be online only at night though (noon for you, I guess?) so I'll just pm you.
Oh and BTW, you Greninja can be a hassle because of his insane speed but I like to lure him to use a grass/water type then to destroy him with my awesome LifeOrb Starmie!

I actually woke up pretty early today. (4:45 AM. Yeesh.) So, I'll be up for a while if you wanna trade now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, when your wife kicks you out BOVONO Prefabricated Tiny Home, Mobile Prefab House with...