Pokemon wants to make a live action Pokemon Movie

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we might actually get a new character that is not ash or based on the games. I just hope the plot wont be about collecting 8 badges because then they will need to speed up time skipping on details, who knows maybe this story will be about professor oak younger days.

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
we might actually get a new character that is not ash or based on the games. I just hope the plot wont be about collecting 8 badges because then they will need to speed up time skipping on details, who knows maybe this story will be about professor oak younger days.
That could be like the Theory of Everything
Well, to be fair, Ash is heavily inpired by Red.
Indeed he is except the thing about Ash that's different from Red is that he never completed everything. It'd be nice to see Red again after seeing him in Origins.

gman666

Cubicle Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can only see this working if they come up with completely new material. New characters, Pokemon, story and an all children cast for the main characters. If they make this a Pikacrap fest then it's bound to be garbage. There's too much expectation for material already established.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm partial to Mortal Kombat, I thought the casting on that was spot on. Despite it being PG-13 and aged a bit, I still loved watching the movie, recently seeing it last year and enjoying it. Street Fighter's laughably bad, and Annihiliation is half comically bad. But that's it for me with video game movies, haven't really risked seeing others, for good reason. Super Mario Bros for example is on the movie queue, so one day I'll watch it. Not excited for it particularly. As far as who should direct the movie, it should be a fan of Pokemon. If not, James Cameron, Ang Lee (Life of Pi director), or, given how nice looking Jungle Book is and remembering Iron Man's visual effects, Jon Favreau.

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
It will actually be a movie about a real life kid trying to become the best Pokemon player of all time, discovering he is severely autistic in the process.

It will be an artistic masterpiece and will take 12 years to make.

Reactions: RustInPeace

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will actually be a movie about a real life kid trying to become the best Pokemon player of all time, discovering he is severely autistic in the process.

It will be an artistic masterpiece and will take 12 years to make.

But then it will be about the kid's more meandering parts of his journey. Walking great distances, talking to people, walking some more, talking to people, and occasionally battle. There would be no central villain, he would just walk and walk and talk and walk some more. Then he'll grow up to be a bit of a hipster tool.

The more hindsight I have about that certain movie, the more I actually dislike it. Hmmm.

Reactions: GuyInDogSuit

RiderLeangle

Trophies
Website
ridersrealm.b1.jcink.com
XP
Country
United States
In a way this sounds like it might be bad but at the same time maybe it might go as well as the superbowl commercial did?

For everyone saying "why live action" probably to get people talking about it, Pokemon still makes a ton of movies that don't get recognition like they used to, I realize they still go to theaters in Japan but over here the Pokemon movies used to go to theaters but now they just go straight to TV, so fair enough that they want to do something to get people to take notice.

Hopefully M. Night Shyamalan doesn't make it.
But don't you want the twist at the end when Pikachu reveals himself to be Giovanni and steals all of Ash's other Pokemon?

I have to wonder if they would put his name in the credits as M. Night Shayminlan though...

Reactions: RustInPeace

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: (i was allowed to do that)