nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Im pretty sure they used their old plot in the first season where there is Tommy, a baby that got dropped from an helicopter in a forest and got raised by a pack of Kangaskhan for 5 years.

Because it looks and sounds a lot like this, pretty decent idea tbh, there is a lot of basic plot in the episodes that could be a 1hour and half long movie.

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I ain't followed the anime in a long time but the sumo anime ash was not the design I remember. The swsh ash feel like the old ash design wise.

And am I the only one achknowledgeing the shiny celebi in the beginning of the trailer.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They need to stop clinging on to Ash he is a lame character. The movie would be pretty bland because of Ash. Idk if you guys watched Origins/Generations/Twilight that is a hell of alot better than watching ash.

I wonder why they never made it into a full blown series to match the game. I would never understand the creates thats why Pokemon is slowly dying it has soo much potential but they always keep on dropping the ball. Look at Yugioh that's dead nobody even follow that unless you are a diehard fan. Things went down after XYZ and they started the Pendulum summoning

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can only read coco "ココ" because of the magazine corocoro "コロコロ"

Pipistrele

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
They need to stop clinging on to Ash he is a lame character. The movie would be pretty bland because of Ash. Idk if you guys watched Origins/Generations/Twilight that is a hell of alot better than watching ash.
Children's audience surrogate for an audience of minors. Kids love Ash, and Pokemon anime is made for kids, so Ash it is more or less.

I would never understand the creates thats why Pokemon is slowly dying it has soo much potential but they always keep on dropping the ball. Look at Yugioh that's dead nobody even follow that unless you are a diehard fan. Things went down after XYZ and they started the Pendulum summoning
Yu-Gi-Oh is still pretty big - not at peak of its popularity, but remains a solid mainstream success in Asia. New decks, new events, lotsa media. Pokemon is arguably bigger than ever was - with SwSh being a bestseller, Detective Pikachu ending up in success, and Pokemon Go keeping a hold on casual audience, it's as far from "slowly dying" as possible.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Children's audience surrogate for an audience of minors. Kids love Ash, and Pokemon anime is made for kids, so Ash it is more or less.

Yu-Gi-Oh is still pretty big - not at peak of its popularity, but remains a solid mainstream success in Asia. New decks, new events, lotsa media. Pokemon is arguably bigger than ever was - with SwSh being a bestseller, Detective Pikachu ending up in success, and Pokemon Go keeping a hold on casual audience, it's as far from "slowly dying" as possible.

If you play HG/SS and compare it to SW/SH you would see so much lack of content . Dont get me wrong I like SW/SH but it is lacking so much to be great. Just like the movie sure the children audience but isn't most of the characters in the game preteens also?

Maybe I'm just getting old how I see the series vs a 15 year old seeing the series would be different.

Pipistrele

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
If you play HG/SS and compare it to SW/SH you would see so much lack of content . Dont get me wrong I like SW/SH but it is lacking so much to be great. Just like the movie sure the children audience but isn't most of the characters in the game preteens also?

Maybe I'm just getting old how I see the series vs a 15 year old seeing the series would be different.
Not really debating the quality - I enjoyed the game just fine, but I do agree that it was kinda rushed and undercooked =) Just talking about the state of the franchise as a whole. In a way, Pokemon outgrew the videogame market it started from - it's a massive multimedia franchise now, and making amazing mainline games is less and less of a priority for TPC, considering that a huge chunk of their audience never touched a mainline Pokemon title once in the first place. Having undercooked releases like SwSh is just a potential side-effect of that - though it's early to tell as of now, and time will tell whether it was a temporary slump on Game Freak's side (they haven't had the best development cycle apparently), or a "sign of things to come".

Yeah, they are preteens! Yet again, it's not like characters in the game are examples of brilliant and mature storytelling either - Pokemon plot both in the movies/anime and in the game is generally equally simplistic and childlike.

Last edited by Pipistrele,

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I wish they could kinda put some event or just referent in the game for those Mythical Pokemon instead of give you a monkey that you have no slightest fucking idea who it is from without paying to see their shitty movie. I still have no fucking idea who the fuck is that kettle and that electric furries from the last game and what is the deal with them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/dCvPALlXf6k?si=79a51f2Fxz9buHTX