Pokemon: The First Movie returns to theaters

pokemon_the_first_movie_mewtwo_vs_mew_image11.jpg

Get ready for a nostalgia trip, because Pokemon: The First Movie is headed back to cinemas on October 29th and November 1st. To celebrate the series' 20th anniversary, select Cinemark theaters will be showing the movie at over 200 locations on the aforementioned two dates. The short animation Pikachu's Vacation will also be shown before the movie. You can buy presale tickets right now, on Cinemark's website, which cost $5.

:arrow: Cinemark Showings in Your Area

:arrow: Source

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I can't believe it's been 17 years. I remember going to see this with some friends from highschool. It was also the first DVD I ever bought.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Much as I'd like to see a childhood classic (I was like 10 or 11 when gen 1 came out), I don't think I'll be making an hour or two hour drive to do that, sadly (the closest theatres showing it are that far away :/ ). Still good to hear that they're showing it again though.

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aww unfortunately there aren't any theatres near me.

Thats a shame. In Ithica there is a theatre playing it and I am gonna go there. @Red9419 Hey they made torrenting for a reason ya know :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry @VinLark accidentally quoted you.

Last edited by Zero72463,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, i own the actual vhs tape with rare mew card, i'm not paying to see it again if i don't have to especially if is not even in HD or anything special. They also showed tie movie on twitch earlier this year during pokemon 20 year weekend celebration marathon. No one sees sega showing any sonic videos for the 25 anniversary, Nintendo riding that pokemon hype train for all is worth, meanwhile sega trying to finally make fans happy about a sonic game again, konami ruining other people franchise, and capcom still not announce mega man game, and don't let me get started on square enix.

Need i say more? Or should i just lock myself outside the doorway? Someone save video games, incoming repeat of videogames crash 1983 in 2018 The 35 year anniversary is coming. :ninja:

RivenMain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't forget to bring cleanex when you go. You might be able to pick up some pokelady maniacs hahaha.
Not that ash being turned to stone makes me cry or anything.. - totally still does xD

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
this is really cool, was this any of the zapdos movie or the mewtwo one?
i pretty much rather they air the first series ever often than the new ones..
I would love to watch pokemon cartoon series but i am so sick of ash and team rocket... specially team rocket, they still use the first designs which don't suit the style of the other characters, they look "offset"
but ash come on, i am so sick of him... would love some new character either from the game or a new one as the main protagonist... it would be cool if serena would be the protagonist of the xyZ series...

Last edited by migles,

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Damn its been long time, I should try not to cry with that pikachu scene. I havent seen other pokemon movies but the 1st one will remain the best ever for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o