Pokémon Sun and Moon Trailer Released

After much hype, the trailer for Pokemon sun and moon is here for Pokemon fans to rejoice.

Meet Rowlet, Litten and Popplio! The games will be released November 18, 2016

Breaking News from Seribii:

In The Games Department
Pokémon Sun & Moon

The first details for Pokémon Sun & Moon have been revealed. These details come via the first footage of the game which showcases some new Pokémon including the starters and the legends. It will be released on November 18th 2016 in the US and Japan and November 23rd in Europe. The game takes place in the Alola Region and th three starters are the Grass/Flying Rowlet, the Fire-type Litten and the Water-type Popplio. The Japanese trailer also confirms that you can alter your skin pigment in the game, just like X & Y. Keep checking back as we get more details.
Edit @ 13:19: New details have come via the official site. Rowlet knows a new move called Leafage
Edit @ 13:25: Updated our New Pokémon Page
Edit @ 13:34: The person who gives you your Pokémon in the games is a character named Hala

Last edited by ElyosOfTheAbyss,

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Party pooper. :P
There must be at least one, right? :ha:

I on the other hand wish more games would return to this kind of battle system. FF series for one.
I agree in terms of Final Fantasy.

All I'm saying is, some long running series should make a shift once in a while. Turn based in it's core is fun - but for Pokemon it feels a bit overused. I'm sure the developers can do more then stick to the known formula.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
What I'm super annoyed about, is that the region seems very small. Too small.

Kalos was practically the entirety of France, which looked rather big on the map, and was already rather small in reality.
And Alola looks so small,it probably can only fit four gyms.

Furthermore, since it's far away from Kalos, how are they going to tie in the story of Complete Zygarde?

I'm starting to feel that unless they somehow allow us to go back to Kalos or to a region neighbouring Kalos,
There'll be another game.

Reactions: heartgold

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It always seem to be Red against Blue:

Red vs Blue
Gold vs Silver
Ruby vs Sapphire
Pearl vs Diamond
Black vs White*
Y vs X
Sun vs Moon

In Black and White this is not as visible as in others, but look at this:

1022177-bigthumbnail.jpg

Red flames vs Blue Bolts, still Red vs Blue:
pIvKZxD.gif

I guess I could say this about all Pokémon games.

You basically are a 10 years old boy, who goes out of your mom's house, you and your mother live alone in that house.
You'll have a rival who will have the other starter that has advantage against yours.
Starters will be fire, water and grass types.
There is a pokémon professor, whom have studied them for his/her entire life,
he/she will give you a device for registering Pokémon, a Pokédex, that somehow is empty.
You'l fight 8 gym leaders so you can fight Elite 4 and be the champion.
There will be a team of criminal that are stealing Pokémon from other people for an obscure reason.
That's it.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting both games >.>. Legit reason would be collecting, as I have the main series games from gen 3 to 6. Subjective reasoning, just being a fanboy. It's going to be an interesting weekend. Friday November 18, launch day. November 19, family member's birthday and presumably a party, Sunday, certain someone's anniversary, meaning another party of sorts. Can't wait.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
the japanes etrailer are superior (not that it's a new thing ... everythingw etsern do is " nah whatehever" lol )
it ahve a nice history at least not just game footage ... but about game fooage is the same xD

Reactions: RustInPeace

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We've only seen a small snippet of the starting area and maybe the first city yet people are complaining about how small the region is..? ok...

Since it's based off Hawaii, I guess there will be a couple islands, that would mean a bunch of surfing trips like in ORAS, thus the region is potentially larger than first impression. I'd be so happy if someone gets this reference, but since watching the trailer and knowing the new region name, I keep thinking of a certain song, from a certain movie, and changing its lyric to, "It's a hard ticket...to Alola."

Reactions: nxwing

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
We've only seen a small snippet of the starting area and maybe the first city yet people are complaining about how small the region is..? ok...

Well the map seems really small at first,
but reviewing the trailer, it may not be as small as it seems.

Well, at least we've seen the Boy in Blue striped shirt and black striped shirt,
so maybe customization is back.

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Guys, chill! The map will be huge! If you look closely, the trailer shows the map of the first island and there's only one Pokemon Center. Do you really think that only one Pokemon Center will be featured in the game? I don't think so. BTW in OR/AS we can fly and surf everywhere. It's based on Hawaii so there will be more islands.

Edit: At the end of the trailer, when the Moon Legendary attacks. Is that an FPS drop?

Last edited by gaga941021,

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't it great that Pokemon not only does not require a New 3DS but is not even New 3DS enhanced. The performance issues will be back and so is the mostly 2D playback (assuming the cover art is final) caused by said issues. :glare:

Last edited by driverdis,
Reactions: Deleted-236924

BLsquared

Game Programmer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. They seem to be trying new things here in terms of overworld appearance and stuff; good for them.
If I were to get one of these, it would probably be Red Sun with the Litten starter. Maybe.
Still going to call these Red Sun and Blue Moon. Because.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying