Pokémon Sound Library shuts down just four months after launch

dpdpdpdp.jpg

Back in February, Nintendo launched the Pokémon Sound Library, a website that allowed users to download or stream music and sound effects from Pokémon Diamond and Pearl. It even came with relatively lax rules, by Nintendo's standards, for allowing the songs to be used in non-commercial ways, like background audio for a video. However, the service was suddenly shut down this morning without explanation, and only a brief warning period of about a day.

Those who have already downloaded the music are permitted to continue using it as before, and the website remains active so that the Terms of Use can be checked.

:arrow: Source

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Wow, and this is when Nintendo is msking more money that they have since the Wii and DS days, what a Nintendo move!

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It wasn't for no reason when it comes to Miiverse. They shut it down because hardly anyone was using it.
I thought the bigger problem was that moderation was a difficult and costly task. But then, if they were having problems keeping it moderated, that would drive users away. Then again, considering it was always the only legitimate way to take 3DS screenshots, I would expect there would always be at least some demand.

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess the idea of giving away anything with relaxed rules is something that just did not sit well with Nintendo executives and lawyers. After all how else can they sue and DMCA people if they started to be relaxed with their stuff?

Oh wait, I guess they can still do that with the Mario movie test screening leaks. :rofl2:

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Since pretty much every YT content creator in the gaming section used those tracks and Nintendo be like: "Who the f*** made that available for free?" -> Sound library Subscription coming soon(TM)

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still seem strange to start with the 4th pokemon series music. What about the older ones? The "chip tunes" those were iconic. :ninja:

Just hope square enix don't do the same to their music networks. :blink:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff