Gaming Pokemon R/B/Y VC Trading & Multiplayer Battle!

Plstic

Guru Meditation Error
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda like you have no braincells http://zeldawiki.org/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Four_Swords_Anniversary_Edition

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

http://zeldawiki.org/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Four_Swords_Anniversary_Edition

GBA VC games act exactly like a GBA its a glorified emulator so it does not have other device access, Running it as a DSIWARE gives it the system access it needs

While using multiplayer mode, the game now uses local wireless rather than link cables. The game does not support online co-op.
That game is a port dude.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
4Swords is a GBA GAME, IT IS MULTPLAYER ONLY VIA LINK CABLE

They Re-released it during the 25th Anniversary as a DSIWARE and multiple times after on the 3ds ESHOP
its new defining feature is

While using multiplayer mode, the game now uses local wireless rather than link cables. The game does not support online co-op.

Hmmm Can one of you see the magical picture please or at least do some research on how this works

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

DSiWare remake and port of the Game Boy Advance
the remake changing the title screen and sounds etc

Yeah and the 3DS GBA VC cannot access the 3DS Functions, thats why im stating Pokemon is DSIWARE so it can access them

People Plz

I feel like you're trolling... The four swords was originally released on the DSi as DSiWare... It's not a GBA rom running on a DSiWare emulator.. It was rebuilt...

VC is COMPLETELY different. It's built for 3ds hardware.. So it DOES IN FACT HAVE ACCESS TO WIRELESS FUNCTIONS.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First of all, the game is not a DSiWare.
Four Swords Anniversary Edition is a DSiWare, because it is a remake of the game. The R/B/Y Pokemon games are not DSiWare, they are 3DS VC.
Why? Because they are emulating slightly changed roms of the game that patch a few bugs.

Wanna hear all the changes in the Four Swords remake

• Some of the original GBA sound effects have been enhanced into better quality. The soundtrack has also been given a few instrumental enhances.
  • The game now has its own file select screen, instead of a shared one as in A Link to the Past & Four Swords. Link can now also be named.
  • In reflection of the new stages added, the map screen has been slightly updated.

You wanna know why these are changed because four swords was a bundled game with LTTP.
its only stated a remake because of those few changes its still a full port

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
dunno where i mentioned that please quote me on it
because this entire thread has only mentioned GBA an GB games
... And for the LOVE OF GOD! QUIT TALKING ABOUT GBA VC. It isn't even relevant...

Reactions: chartube12

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Wanna hear all the changes in the Four Swords remake

You wanna know why these are changed because four swords was a bundled game with LTTP.
its only stated a remake because of those few changes its still a full port
Holy shit.. You are dense.. It's NOT a "port".. It was remade via the code they had for the GBA version to WORK AND TAKE ADVANTAGE of the things like the wireless functions. It isn't even relevant anyway. Why are you still going on about it?

Reactions: chartube12

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Also with your statements, You realize we are talking about the 3DS System?
If anything was to be true with what you said Why wouldn't they just make it a 3DSWare? Your arguments are completely invalid

Well DSIWARE still stands on the point

But yes your are right in the sense it would become 3DSWARE

the only way I will be proven wrong atm is when the game comes out.
Which will ask another question, if VC has had hardware access this entire time how come we have not seen a single game on store that gives this until now or at least on custom VC titles are we would have clearly discovered this ages ago

Shubshub

The Shubinator
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Well DSIWARE still stands on the point

But yes your are right in the sense it would become 3DSWARE

the only way I will be proven wrong atm is when the game comes out.
Which will ask another question, if VC has had hardware access this entire time how come we have not seen a single game on store that gives this until now or at least on custom VC titles are we would have clearly discovered this ages ago
You are proven wrong right here
The bottom screen clearly says Virtual Console

And Nintendo has Modified the VIRTUAL CONSOLE EMULATOR to support WIRELESS FUNCTIONALITY

/caseclosed I'm out

EDIT: Also stop going on about GBA it makes you sound like an idiot even though you are Because Pokemon is GB

/ontopic Yes I will definitely be using the features in the video

Last edited by Shubshub,

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Holy shit.. You are dense.. It's NOT a "port".. It was remade via the code they had for the GBA version to WORK AND TAKE ADVANTAGE of the things like the wireless functions. It isn't even relevant anyway. Why are you still going on about it?
Yeah and thats EXACTLY WHY ITS DSIWARE

if POKEMON is doing the same thing then like SHUBSHUB said it would be 3DSWARE, unless we have hardware access on GBA VC which has yet to been actually proven

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
If I could clear the confusion about this for once and all:

Four Sword IS a DSIWARE, not a GBA game. It's a port of it.

These Pokémon games are eShop titles, just like any other Gameboy, Nes, Master System Virtual Console game.

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I understand the whole statement, he's kinda right, GBA VC games a just emulated, they CAN'T use hardware that where not designed for the original console, at very least it could be mulated if the original console had such a thing... So it's a complet port to 3DS, and i think it will be based on the DSiware developement kit also, but it could be made in 3DS mode too.

Shubshub

The Shubinator
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I understand the whole statement, he's kinda right, GBA VC games a just emulated, they CAN'T use hardware that where not designed for the original console, at very least it could be mulated if the original console had such a thing... So it's a complet port to 3DS, and i think it will be based on the DSiware developement kit also, but it could be made in 3DS mode too.
VBA Emulator on PC has Over the Net Link Cable Emulation so why Can't nintendo put the same functionality into their Virtual Console program?

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
VBA Emulator on PC has Over the Net Link Cable Emulation so why Can't nintendo put the same functionality into their Virtual Console program?
I blame the o3ds. When it hit, the actual performance was hit and miss. So, adding another function to it would have just lessened the experience. Not to mention the only gba VC games officially released were the ambassador only games.

Shubshub

The Shubinator
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I blame the o3ds. When it hit, the actual performance was hit and miss. So, adding another function to it would have just lessened the experience. Not to mention the only gba VC games officially released were the ambassador only games.
This is true, But Pokemon Red and Blue aren't GBA games also So I don't know why it was brought up originally in the first place
Simple answer is: They can and have implemented Link Cable emulation into the Virtual Console environment

Sorry to the OP for that kid that took it all offtopic

EDIT: So I don't have to make a new post

Because of the lack of security of the exchanges maybe ? Clones, bad exchanges thath happenend just because one contact was dirty ? Imagine that with the packet losses of WiFi... in there interest it's really a better solution to port the game and rebuild that system.

And a "pure game" offer better performances too, emulation is really not...

But Pokemon Red and Blue are very old Games and their communications methods are probably cracked wide open Why bother caring if its super duper secure?
Also we are talking about Wi-Fi where Pokemon games have supported it for Years now... What makes you think they'd forgo it just because of Lossy Packets now?

FinalEdit: Also as far as we know so far The VC games only have Wireless Local not Wireless Online

Last edited by Shubshub,

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Because of the lack of security of the exchanges maybe ? Clones, bad exchanges thath happenend just because one contact was dirty ? Imagine that with the packet losses of WiFi... in there interest it's really a better solution to port the game and rebuild that system.

And a "pure game" offer better performances too, emulation is really not...

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
This is true, But Pokemon Red and Blue aren't GBA games also So I don't know why it was brought up originally in the first place
Simple answer is: They can and have implemented Link Cable emulation into the Virtual Console environment

Sorry to the OP for that kid that took it all offtopic
Well, of course.. But.. Outside of Pokémon, which games would have taken full advantage of the link?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E