ROM Hack Pokémon Nova Sun & Umbra Moon: Fully-featured, challenging Sun/Moon ROMhacks!

DankRabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not exactly my place to be asking this right not ,but if you have the time, Is there anyway to use pk3DS to make hidden abilities available in the wild?

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not exactly my place to be asking this right not ,but if you have the time, Is there anyway to use pk3DS to make hidden abilities available in the wild?
They are, through SOS calls. To make them available normally, I'd have to change one of the default abilities to the Hidden one, which would desync the game when battling or trading with regular Sun and Moon.

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS Firmware Version 11.4 just came out. Do not update to 11.4 unless you already have Luma3DS CFW installed, even then consider waiting to update until devs fix features. As such, a kernel exploit has been released for 11.3 that allows for custom firmware installation. https://3ds.guide/ has updated to include this new exploit. If your 3DS is still on 11.3 (which it probably still is unless you updated today, April 10th), go install Luma3DS CFW now!

Last edited by Dio Vento,

TheShadowFrag64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
3DS Firmware Version 11.4 just came out. Do not update to 11.4 unless you already have Luma3DS CFW installed, even then consider waiting to update until devs fix features. As such, a kernel exploit has been released for 11.3 that allows for custom firmware installation. https://3ds.guide/ has updated to include this new exploit. If your 3DS is still on 11.3 (which it probably still is unless you updated today, April 10th), go install Luma3DS CFW now!
Thanks for the heads up!! I was just about to update but you saved me!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also thank you so so much for your ROM! It's so much better than the original game, I greatly appreciate it!!!

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want a "HARD" Hack, this one make somethings more easy
Which features of NS/UM do you feel make it easier? If you play the hack on the Lite Build and delete shop.cro you'll lose access to pretty much all the "easier" features in NS/UM, barring things like egg hatch rate and an available 6IV ditto.

Reactions: SkullCorazon

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is shiny hunting via sos possible? per example cyndaquil
Yes. If you're talking about an Island Scan pokemon, you'll only be able to SOS hunt for them on the Expanded Build. Note that if you SOS and get a Hidden Ability for an Island Scan species, it won't be legal.

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked this over on Project Pokemon but I didn't really get a response. Is there any way to install this hack as a custom update for sun and moon? @Asia81 wrote a guide for doing so here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-rebuild-a-custom-update-for-pokémon-xy-oras.391282/ for gen VI, but it doesnt seem to be compatible with sun and moon.
The method is not compatible with Sun and Moon, that's the answer. Thankfully, SaltySD means it's trivially easy to use on a CFW system with an updated copy of the game, so there's no real reason to do that.

Strongal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello! Could anyone tell me which is the max lvl of each important fight?
My brother in law and I are preparing a nuzlocke, and we don't want to have more lvl than their strongest pokemon ^^

If this game is half as good as your last hackrom... whew, this is gonna be tough!

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
I have been a fan of your work since RutileRuby/StarSapphire, I was wondering if you are planning (if it possible) on expanding post-game content, make it possible to re-battle Kahunas or add Returning trainers outside the Battle Tree would be awesome.

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been a fan of your work since RutileRuby/StarSapphire, I was wondering if you are planning (if it possible) on expanding post-game content, make it possible to re-battle Kahunas or add Returning trainers outside the Battle Tree would be awesome.
You can re-battle Kahunas in the Elite Four, you can re-battle Nanu during the UB Quest and Hapu during Title Defense. Aside from a small easter egg, I didn't want to turn random bystanders into named Trainers.

zeoeevee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dio if you were able to change the pokemarts in rutile ruby with a homebrew launcher why can't you do it here is the game to big

zeoeevee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im using the homebrew launcher method but when i run setup.bat and answer the first 2 questions and tell it to go it says error open file C:/users/blah blah/ novasun/exracted rom/romfs/ failed any help please

edit I got error to disappear but it says a lot file paths could not be found and when i try to load the launcher it takes me back to homebrew

Last edited by zeoeevee,

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dio if you were able to change the pokemarts in rutile ruby with a homebrew launcher why can't you do it here is the game to big
It's explained in the OP, but the reason is shop data was stored in code.bin in ORAS. in Sun and Moon, it's stored in a .cro file, which is protected and requires CFW to be able to replace.
Is there a guide on how to use this with Luma 7.0 patching?
Literally drag and drop the saltySD package to your SD card and it will work with Luma 7.0 patching. If, for some reason, you have an aversion to SaltySD (which works exactly as simply as Luma 7.0 patching), I added instructions to the OP for conversion.

Blackwigg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I noticed something while editing my umbra moon save file in PKHeX. Trade evolutions need to have trade history to be considered legal, so editor was acusing my porigon 2 as illegal since I just used upgrade to envolve him, I belive same applies to other trade evolutions. Other thing that I noticed is that some island scan pokemons have a diferent encounter level compared to serebii's database, like deino that's only obtainable at lvl 13, but I found one lvl 11 at ten carat hill. Also island scans are considered stationary encounters, because of this they must have relearnable moves, like egg born pokemons. Loved your hack, keep up the good work!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4