ROM Hack Pokemon Neo X & Neo Y

Status
Not open for further replies.

piplup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Question, is it possible to fix the Lite Version? I personally would like to play through Pokemon X/Y with just the wild encounter changes and trainer changes, while retaining the same story. Luckily, the Lite Version exists... but it's a bit messed up. The extra battles with special NPCs, such as the battles with your rivals in Santalune Forest, aren't really... working. In the Lite Version, the regular trainer model/attributes load up (ie: Youngster Joey will force battle if "eye contact" is made), but when the actual battle starts, it acts as if the current NPC is the rival that, I'm guessing, is included in the full version. I'd attempt to fix this myself, but I don't know what battles in this game are replacements and not part of the original story.

To give a better example in case this is confusing:

In Santalune Forest, you run into Youngster Joey. When you make eye contact with him and the battle is initiated, the dialogue shows that you're fighting Youngster Joey, while the intro sequence instead uses Tierno's special one, rather than the artwork that quickly fades away. Along with that, it uses Tierno's Pokemon team. Once the battle is finished, the trainer has the special "fist pump" animation which happens in these types of battles, then the dialogue switches once again to Youngster Joey's, talking about how his Scatterbug will get you next time. I'd rather exclude the extra rival battles and potential other battles (Team Flare?) and just play through the actual story.

If anybody has any documentation on what extra battles aren't in the original game, I can fix this myself... I think. Otherwise, I'm stuck. Oh, and the brown haired girl has a Totodile but refers to it as her Lil Fennekin. I'd like to fix little oddities like that, too.

Any help?~
Does anyone know if bugs like this are still in the hack? Would like to play but don't want to spend all the time creating a custom .cia only to find these kinda things.

jman0125

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I'm trying to get the Full version of Pokémon Y working, but it always crashes when I try to boot it up in Hans. Whatever I do, it just boots to a black screen with some white and red lines on the far left. Anyone know how to fix this? (Also, my Hans settings aren't changing anymore so when I switch "remember settings" to no, it just boots to yes next time I try.)

jman0125

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I have tried creating my own romfs from scratch (I own a copy of Pokemon Y) and I believe I have followed every step perfectly, but some some reason hans fails to detect that my romfs file is even there. I have tried deleting the 1.5 update and dumping the 1.0 version of the game, and I'm not sure if it made a difference or not, but hans still fails to list the thing. I'm using arm9loaderhax and homebrew luncher with luma3d CFW. My guess is that hans isn't even looking at the folder in the sd card, but I can't be sure. Any ideas?

Hi, a bit late. Are you sure it's the only file in the folder? It should look exactly like this: sd/hans/00055E00.romfs

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

can somebody help me? i want to extract my pokemon y.3ds like the tut says. so i decrypted the rom with decrypt9 but everytime i want to extract the rom the program says invalid romfs binary. what can i do? i already tried another version.

You could try using braindump The 0.0.1 version straight out gives you the romfs.bin to extract.

Yasaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I dont use a9lh and my pokemon is installed on the emunand. so braindump wont start in emunand. is there method to extract something like romfs.bin from emunand installed software?

melmano

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, first things first, thank you for this hack. I've just started trying it out and so far, I love the diversity and challenge. However, I've run into a small problem. My Regenerator Fennekin evolved into a Trace Braixen. Is this intended ? From what I read in the documentation, it seems like an oversight. It might be a good idea to address that issue in a future version. Cheers!

Last edited by melmano,

Dom Z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm hoping to get a response asap.

I have a homebrew 3DS and went to braindump to dump the files of my Pokemon X game.
Once it was done, I hit the start button like it asked, and soon after went back to my computer to check if the numbered file was there. The numbers were right, but it wasn't a folder ,it was a .cxi file. I have no idea what to do with it, as it cannot open. Would love a response or some help.

jman0125

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, a bit late. Are you sure it's the only file in the folder? It should look exactly like this: sd/hans/00055E00.romfs

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You could try using braindump The 0.0.1 version straight out gives you the romfs.bin to extract.

Yeah, it's the only file in the folder. I'm going to redump the romfs and try again. (Sorry for the late reply)

Julix3

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
When I launch the Hack via Hans it says my saved file is corrupted and it obviously doesnt work, same thing when I run it without hans. Any way I can fix it or am I screwed and my game is broken?

Hylianzero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want all of the features of this ROMhack, except for type/ability/etc changes. Does the lite version have all 721 Pokemon and the harder level curve? Or am I going to need to use the Full version? If I need to use the Full version, how hard would it be for me to edit the hack myself to remove the type changes?

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I want all of the features of this ROMhack, except for type/ability/etc changes. Does the lite version have all 721 Pokemon and the harder level curve? Or am I going to need to use the Full version? If I need to use the Full version, how hard would it be for me to edit the hack myself to remove the type changes?
You can customize the game as you wish manually. Download the .rar and extract, follow the path: "Neo X and Y Files\Pokemon NeoXY1.4\Installation hub\Custom install ref sheet.txt". There you can see what to copy for the features you wish

Hylianzero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can customize the game as you wish manually. Download the .rar and extract, follow the path: "Neo X and Y Files\Pokemon NeoXY1.4\Installation hub\Custom install ref sheet.txt". There you can see what to copy for the features you wish

Huh. That's pretty cool. Thanks.

Guille994

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello there! I was wondering if someone could answer my questions plz :)
I've instaled the 1.3 version of the game, is worth while to upload it to version 1.4? Are there so many changes?

I'm playing the full version in spanish: is the new storyline avaliable in that language or do you need to play in english?

Thanks a lot :D

yukitoburrito

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question about decrypting. on the latest version of decrypt9, do I choose ncch, cia, boss, sd.....? The guide didn't specify, and knowing me I'd screw up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM