Pokemon Neo X - Neo Y
Base Game: Pokemon X/Y
Current Version: 1.33
Released: 5/6/15
Updated: 21/5/16

Download (1.4)
Easy homebrew installation document

neo2-png.19125
Neo X & Neo Y are rom hacks of Pokemon X and Y designed to offer the player greater difficulty through expanded trainers and better variety through edited wild Pokemon encounters along with a plethora of other features. NeoX&Y are pretty much identical at this stage.
vfui4h.png
Full and Lite Versions
15d8m50.png
  • Full version contains all the features mentioned below
  • Lite version contains only edited trainers and wild Pokemon encounters
Main Features
15d8m50.png
Trainers

• A more consistent but much harder level curve to greatly increase difficulty
  • Many trainers now have a greater amount of Pokemon with custom movesets, higher IVs and items
  • Gym leaders have been significantly upgraded. They get progressively tougher in terms of amount of Pokemon, IVs, Access to Mega-Evolution, move-sets and items
  • There are a greater number of rotation, double and triple battles
  • Calem and Serena's teams' will be completely different depending on your starter
vfui4h.png
Pokemon
(See documentation for detailed information)

• All 721 Pokemon available in one play-through - every area has a lot more variety to offer
  • All previously unavailable Pokemon are now included - Eg; Rattata
  • Most Pokemon now have easy access to their Hidden abilities. Pokemon who had comparatively non-beneficial abilities have been given a new set entirely
  • Many Pokemon have had their stats slightly edited to make them comparatively viable to use; Some have also had their typing edited such as Golduck who is now Water/Psychic
  • A lot of Pokemon have had their level up moveset edited to either match that of ORAS or improve those who didn't have a great moveset to begin with
  • A few moves themselves have been edited in terms of accuracy, type and BP. HMs such as cut have had their typing changed and BP boosted
  • Pokemon who needed to be traded to evolve can now be evolved by alternate methods (usually by level up)
  • Pokemon who can mega evolve such as Mawile will have a 50% of carrying their respective mega stone
  • All Pokemon eggs now hatch extremely quickly
15d8m50.png
Storyline

• Team flare have a new ranking order (Leader Lysandre - Deputy Leader Xerosic - four Elemental admins - Commanders - Grunts)
  • Elemental admins are much stronger and use diverse teams according to their element
  • You now have more battles with Shauna, Tierno and Trevor. Most of these are optional and are initiated by seeking out and talking to trainers in areas - Eg; Santalune Forest
Free_use_Pokeball_icon_by_steffne.gif
Screenshots
Free_use_Pokeball_icon_by_steffne.gif

24e5rgo.png

120.png
Credits
  • Kaphotics for the amazing work on PK3DS and the ProjectPokemon community which made this project possible!
  • Asia81 for the effort and simplicity of making it possible to decompress the games and allow me to edit them! Also, for the title screens!
  • SciresM for the 3ds rom builder!
  • SMOKE for having the amazing patience to help with a very tedious game-breaking bug!
  • Kashitoxicblood for the banner+screenshots!
  • Gudenaurock for the custom patcher!
  • Shadowtrance for screenshots!
  • GamingAori for bug testing
  • Sliter for the front page logo!
  • Ericzander for helping with guide and making a video tutorial!
  • Mg1189 for the amazing documentation
  • Pokaytroll fo Homebrew vids
040.png
Help
  • You will need a Gateway or a 3DS with acess to Homebrew to install
  • 'Can you give me a prepatched rom?' No - that's against the rules here. Google is your friend.
  • Use the complete guide included in download for step by step help
icon-ledian.png
Bugs
  • Talking to trainers post-battle sometimes will bring up empty bubbles, ignore.
  • Have at least two Pokemon in your team for Viola or the game will crash
026.png
Changelog
  • 1.4 - The following pokemon have had their typings reverted
    • Vulpix, Ninetales, Farfetch'd, Kangaskhan, elekid, electabuzz, electivire, magby, magmar, magmortar, chikorita, bayleef, Sunflora, Dunsparce, Sceptile, whismus, loudred, exploud, absol, huntail, gorebyss, buneary ,finneon, lumineon, phione, manaphy, shaymin, purrloin, liepard, deerling, sawsbuck, goomy, sliggoo, goodra
  • Fennekin, Braixen & Delphox ability has been changed to Regenerator/Magic Guard
  • Blastoise learns flash cannon at level 39
  • Fixed low level Flare battles in The pokefactory + Fixed high level grunt outside the powerplant
  • Removed most flare rotation/triple battles
  • Added 10% of encountering pikachu on route 7 (yellow flowers)

Last edited by Flintiex,

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question! Is it recommended to do a nuzlocke of this or make a team from catchable pokemon in game and try my hardest with competitive movesets.

Flintiex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Question! Is it recommended to do a nuzlocke of this or make a team from catchable pokemon in game and try my hardest with competitive movesets.

I do nuzlockes quite a lot so I tried to not make the game impossible for nuzlockers and offer a wide variety of pokemon along with upgraded moves but it will be still very very difficult I can assure you!

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Exactly how many Pokemon can we catch with these hacks?

I've always been the kind of guy that loves those Pokemon (Version) Emu Edition, since they keep the feel of the original game while giving you the ability to catch all of the Pokemon available up to that Generation in that very same hack.

Would a vanilla version of the hack be possible that includes just that? The ability to catch all 700+ without the need to trade?

Flintiex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Exactly how many Pokemon can we catch with these hacks?

I've always been the kind of guy that loves those Pokemon (Version) Emu Edition, since they keep the feel of the original game while giving you the ability to catch all of the Pokemon available up to that Generation in that very same hack.

Would a vanilla version of the hack be possible that includes just that? The ability to catch all 700+ without the need to trade?

Yeah I completely get you on that. The thing is X and y actually already had quite a large amount of Pokemon in the wilds table I was surprised when I actually went to edit so I ended up just adding in the missing ones evenly and then shaking up encounters a bit although I've probably missed one or two pokemon who should be in the game. I think in the end new features and difficulty took a more prominent role than adding and mixing up the encounters but if noone else creates a simple 700+ hack for X and Y I would be more than happy to do that once this one gets its bugs etc sorted!

Flintiex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you keep your current save? or do we need to start from zero (just asking)

Starting from zero here is the way to go due to the extent of the editing I've done, using multiple saves with Gateway is an option I think though.

EDIT: Sorry accidentally double posted :glare:

Reactions: DjoeN

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah I completely get you on that. The thing is X and y actually already had quite a large amount of Pokemon in the wilds table I was surprised when I actually went to edit so I ended up just adding in the missing ones evenly and then shaking up encounters a bit although I've probably missed one or two pokemon who should be in the game. I think in the end new features and difficulty took a more prominent role than adding and mixing up the encounters but if noone else creates a simple 700+ hack for X and Y I would be more than happy to do that once this one gets its bugs etc sorted!
That would be neat!
I love going through the original experience while having the option to catch whatever fucking Pokemon I want down the road haha.
I will keep looking forward to your work (and hopefully the vanilla patch haha). :)

Thanks for the reply!

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was expecting this to be an official announcement from Gamefreak, because typically in May, they announce the next line of main pokemon games (last year with ORAS for example). This is interesting in its own right. I never played custom roms, but I'm interested in giving this a shot. Question, could you trade between these edits roms, and an actual cart in another 3DS? I assume online trading is out of the question, but local trading for a guy with multiple 3DSes.

Reactions: Flintiex

Flintiex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was expecting this to be an official announcement from Gamefreak, because typically in May, they announce the next line of main pokemon games (last year with ORAS for example). This is interesting in its own right. I never played custom roms, but I'm interested in giving this a shot. Question, could you trade between these edits roms, and an actual cart in another 3DS? I assume online trading is out of the question, but local trading for a guy with multiple 3DSes.

Haha sorry to get your hopes up, I am glad I beat them to it on a Z/X2/Y2 announcement! Hmm that's a very good question; if you were locally trading between two edited roms I guess in theory it could work but then with such extensive typing and moveset changes I couldn't be sure. Hopefully someone tries it out and reports back to me.

ThatGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You posted it on /v/ because you wanted some attention, so I signed up because someone has to be That Guy. This is certainly an interesting idea. The very fact that you're hacking Gen 6 is worthy of applause, but you've made a few very significant changes that a huge majority of people would never support and that will ultimately hurt the success of your hack.

1. Never change Pokemon types.
    Unless you're inventing new Pokemon, altering a Pokemon's type will ALWAYS rub people the wrong way. Just don't do it.
  2. Never change Pokemon evolutions.
    You have already angered a number of people by making Raichu, a long-standing evolution of Pikachu, an evolution of Dedenne. This kind of change makes no sense even if you believe that Dedenne and Raichu are similar. It's too radical and will cause people to instantly drop the project. I've always supported Luvdisc -> Alomomola, but making it a straight up evolution will also rub people the wrong way. My recommendations for this will be at the bottom of the post.
  3. Rebranding long-standing staple items is also a bad idea.
    I understand that you need to change certain items to fit your ideal situation, but items like the Ultra Ball should stay as is. There are dozens of items that have no other use. Star Dust? Nuggets? Mushrooms? Take any of those and change them to your needs, but leave the staples alone.
My suggestions for your evolution changes:
Keep Pichu -> Pikachu -> Raichu. This change is just silly and will cause people to hate the project.
Add a "special" Raichu, if possible. Slightly different colored, maybe. Make that Dedenne's evolution.

Keep Luvdisc -> Alomomola, but make it either super late level or add a different method.
Remove Carbink -> Diancie because the lore behind that is that Diancie, the diamond, formed from Carbink after MANY YEARS. If you have to keep it, make it a special scenario where it evolves at like level 100 or something to signify it's long life.

Pachirisu -> Emolga and Tauros -> Bouffalant should also be considered, but make them hard to do.

I hope you take this seriously, because your hack cannot and will not be taken seriously with such significant changes.

ChrisX930

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just want to know (besides of this hack):
is it possible to add NEW Pokemon (after Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion?)
On the GBA-Games, I know this was impossible to add new pokemon to the Pokedex without removing one of the existing Pokemon.
Does anyone know something about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou