Pokemon Go Field Test Signup for the US is now live

boxart.jpg

The much anticipated mobile adaptation of the famous monster-catching game will begin testing stateside.

To apply, go the the website here and pre-register for the download, which will be available to select participants at a later date.

Here's the official news:

The Pokémon Company and Niantic invite users to field test Pokémon GO in the United States of America. Users can visit http://pokemongo.nianticlabs.com to sign up. Please note that sign up doesn’t guarantee access to the field test. The Pokémon GO field test will give users the opportunity to share early feedback and help improve the Pokémon GO experience.

Thank you for your interest in Pokémon GO.

— The Pokémon GO Development Team

:arrow: SOURCE

D

Deleted User

I'm sure canada isn't getting it yet, even though we are legit right above the US

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it forever bannable to use proxy?
Not exactly sure how that'd work, since the game revolves around GPS data (I'm guessing). It'd be pretty darn simple to compare where your IP is to where your GPS location is. But, who knows? Go ahead and sign up. Worst case scenario, you don't get in.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
They're gonna be surprised when they start seeing field data from US testing that shows multiple activities well outside the US borders. Suffice to say, that could muddle their findings in sufficiently large numbers.

Coz we all know people are going to try. And people are going to succeed.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They're gonna be surprised when they start seeing field data from US testing that shows multiple activities well outside the US borders. Suffice to say, that could muddle their findings in sufficiently large numbers.

Coz we all know people are going to try. And people are going to succeed.
But the way the game works, good luck finding any pokemon outside US.

Du'Islingr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But the way the game works, good luck finding any pokemon outside US.
Lol other games made by the same company have been modified to be able to get in this case pokemon from one location at another location. However as this is a specific beta. it might not be the complete game anyways or the other pokemon are locked from being obtained. Though at final release, what I already said has been done before. It will happen again for a game with the label Pokemon as well lol.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not exactly sure how that'd work, since the game revolves around GPS data (I'm guessing). It'd be pretty darn simple to compare where your IP is to where your GPS location is. But, who knows? Go ahead and sign up. Worst case scenario, you don't get in.
Spoofing a GPS location is trivial on Android.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spoofing a GPS location is trivial on Android.
But would the spoofed GPS then take every movement you make and move your location respectively? Even if it did, the landmarks and whatnot won't correspond. It'd expect you to walk to a certain location for gyms, PokeMarts (if they exist), PokeCenters (if they exist). Say you need to go 50 meters West to go to a Gym that is normally located at a street corner, but a mountain, or a factory, or what-have-you is there instead.
Despite the mojaority temp users being capable of that, it is unfair to even whales.
Are you on drugs or something? You keep talking about whales, ghosts, and the devil.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit