Pokemon Go Field Test Signup for the US is now live

boxart.jpg

The much anticipated mobile adaptation of the famous monster-catching game will begin testing stateside.

To apply, go the the website here and pre-register for the download, which will be available to select participants at a later date.

Here's the official news:

The Pokémon Company and Niantic invite users to field test Pokémon GO in the United States of America. Users can visit http://pokemongo.nianticlabs.com to sign up. Please note that sign up doesn’t guarantee access to the field test. The Pokémon GO field test will give users the opportunity to share early feedback and help improve the Pokémon GO experience.

Thank you for your interest in Pokémon GO.

— The Pokémon GO Development Team

:arrow: SOURCE

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But would the spoofed GPS then take every movement you make and move your location respectively? Even if it did, the landmarks and whatnot won't correspond. It'd expect you to walk to a certain location for gyms, PokeMarts (if they exist), PokeCenters (if they exist). Say you need to go 50 meters West to go to a Gym that is normally located at a street corner, but a mountain, or a factory, or what-have-you is there instead.

Are you on drugs or something? You keep talking about whales, ghosts, and the devil.
Whales means the kind of players who pay thousands of bucks, if not more, for F2P.

qi_synergist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i remember doing this exact thing over a decade & a half ago.. you know those times you would buy a pokemon figure with the pokeball & you`d walk to a friend's house and imagine a meowth on the roof of someone's house.. so you throw your pokeball with your charmander inside to battle it for absolutely no reason.

man i feel some type of way for some reason... and it's not that hyped for it feeling :glare:

edit: maybe not this "exact" thing, now i know how the old timers before me felt lol

Last edited by qi_synergist,

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do realize that even on a map, it is still "north", right?
No one's saying Canada's NOT North of the U.S., but you're the only one saying it's not also "right above." You do realize that even on a map, if you point your finger at the U.S. and move your finger "right above" it, the next country you point at will be Canada, right?

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one's saying Canada's NOT North of the U.S., but you're the only one saying it's not also "right above." You do realize that even on a map, if you point your finger at the U.S. and move your finger "right above" it, the next country you point at will be Canada, right?
Pretty sure you have to move your finger forward to point at Canada, if you move your finger "right above" then you'll just have lifted it off the map.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure you have to move your finger forward to point at Canada, if you move your finger "right above" then you'll just have lifted it off the map.
Unless of course the map is being held vertically instead of horizontally, but you guys being smartasses has derailed this thread enough.

Reactions: aidotato5

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
But the way the game works, good luck finding any pokemon outside US.
Seriously? I'm pretty sure the game will be coded to give you at the very least most of the common ones around your vicinity. And no, you won't need to go inside caves to hunt for geodudes and zubats and digletts, because let's be real - your GPS won't work in there. But some pokemon might be geographically tagged, meaning you might need to be near an area tagged with water features to find water pokemon. Same for forest or mountain pokemons.

So I expect a lot of Rattatas and Pidgey users.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: im new