Hardware Homebrew Pokemon Emerald RTC Incorrect.

Gallaer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Pokemon Emerald and just replaced the battery. So I tried to use rtcread and it didn't work properly. So I tried and set it to 12 noon to see what would happen. And this was the clock inside the house ingame. Any way to properly fix the RTC? Also what number should wkd be. is 3 Tuesday or Wednesday?

1667940174255.png
1667940244628.png

Reactions: aydenthao

aydenthao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I unfortunately have this issue too. RTC Read is completely useless as it does NOT fix the time in game to match the real life time. When restarting my save (that was started after ny battery had been replaced) the battery is always starting on 1/1/2000 at midnight. I tried using rtc read tk change it to today’s date before even playing the game, but setting the clock in the player’s room sets it back to 1/1/2000.

Edit: RTC Read is the best software to use to fix RSE's Clock. It requires some tampering, though. I forgot specifically what.

Last edited by aydenthao,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
setting the clock in the player’s room sets it back to 1/1/2000
That's normal, consider that the first pokemon games with a clock (G/S/C) use a proprietary chip (the MBC3) which only thinks in terms of second/minute/hour/number of days (so no date per se); R/S/E use a relatively more standard Seiko clock - but the games don't care for the date, so they just set the first day possible and convert between date and number of days internally (which, coming from the company that doesn't know how to do multiplication with carry, got this wrong too)

That said, if in this order you:
- replaced the battery
- checked that power is getting to the chip (there are useful testpoints on the back)
- started a new game, set the clock the normal way, and saved
- turned it off a couple minutes, and now it's incorrect
there may be bigger (hardware) problems...

Best clock reset for the Hoenn games is the official one, you can use PkHeX to enable it then use it this way: https://tcrf.net/Pokémon_Ruby_and_Sapphire#In-Game_Clock_Adjustment

In general you shouldn't care too much about what the hardware clock is set to (and emulators/flashcards that insist it to match real time are not very accurate, even though it usually works fine)

Reactions: cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: