Pokemon Direct - Pokemon Sword and Shield Expansion Pass and Rescue Team DX announced

Welcome to the Pokemon Direct. Are you excited to see what Nintendo and Game Freak have in store for the future of Pokemon? Let's find out what's planned for announcement in this new Nintendo Direct.

The first announcement is a remake of the original Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games from the GBA and DS, now in 3D. It's called Rescue Team DX. It'll release on March 6, 2020, and will come with a demo available after the Direct.

An expansion pass has been revealed for Pokemon Sword and Shield. This will allow for new adventures, at a cost, in the latest Pokemon games. Instead of saving this content for an updated re-release, the expansion pass will feature the re-addition of many older Pokemon, new costumes, brand new Pokemon, areas, and Gigantamax forms. This content will be split into two pieces: The Isle of Armor, due June 2020, and The Crown Tundra, due Fall 2020. There will be new places within these content packs, and they'll have unique differences between the Sword and Shield versions of the expansion, which are sold separately.

The Isle of Armor focuses on growth, where you'll allowed to challenge a new Pokemon Dojo. Kubfu is a new Pokemon, with its evolution, Urshifu. It has two different styles; it's either fighting/dark or fighting/water. The final evolutions of the starters will get Gigantamax forms, too.

Meanwhile, The Crown Tundra is about exploration. Calyrex is a new legendary Pokemon. There's new Pokemon Dens and older legendaries you can catch underground. There's also new unrevealed battle challenges to take on. More wild areas will be added.

Over 200 older Pokemon will be added back to the game in these expansion updates. Those who don't wish to buy the expansion pass will still be able to get the newly announced Pokemon via link trades, in a free update that'll be coming.

Pokemon Home is launching next month, but no other news is scheduled for it right now.

Galarian Slowpoke and certain Gigantamax forms will be more common, such as Lapras, in an update later today.

Pokemon Sword and Shield's Expansion Pass will each cost $29.99 per game for the Isle of Armor and The Crown Tundra separately. You can pre-order them now.

If you own both games, you'll need to buy the Expansion Pass for both Sword and Shield seperately. Each game's DLC is $29.99, meaning if you play Sword, and buy its respective Expansion, it'll cost $29.99 to play the Isle of Armor and The Crown Tundra.

James_

aka Underscore_ or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh boy a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red and Blue Rescue Team remake releasing on the 6th of March

Wait a second

oiefxmH5HWoSltX.jpg

edit on 25/11/2020: image wasn't loading

Last edited by James_,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
They did it, the crazy bastards, they added old Pokemon as DLC :lol:

What a fucking slap in the face. GG Nintendo.

Will probably play the Mystery Dungeon remake though, I keep meaning to play the original GBA one but keep getting distracted with other stuff so maybe I'll play this?

SquidGuy

GBAtemp's official killer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The dlc looks fun, but having to buy dlc to be able to catch old Pokemon seems kind of stingy from Nintendo's side. I mean yeah they have to make money from this dlc but considering the Switch is one of Nintendo's biggest selling consoles, they could have given us this dlc at a better price

Last edited by SquidGuy,

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They did it, the crazy bastards, they added old Pokemon as DLC :lol:

What a fucking slap in the face. GG Nintendo.

Will probably play the Mystery Dungeon remake though, I keep meaning to play the original GBA one but keep getting distracted with other stuff so maybe I'll play this?

it’s a full 60 bucks. please download the demo first. the resolution from the direct made it seem like a lazy port. they may of added newer pokémon and forms, but not updating the resolution is a big no sale to me, especially at 60 bucks!

D

Deleted User

The dlc looks fun, but having to buy dlc to be able to catch old Pokemon seems kind of stingy from Nintendo's side. I mean yeah they have to make money from this dlc but considering the Switch is one of Nintendo's biggest selling consoles, they could have given us this dlc at a better price

It seems that even without buying the DLC you could still trade for them at least, so that's better than nothing; It's good that the National Dex wont be completely dead now.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Hard pass. $60 more just for them to add some of the Pokémon they removed? No.

Being able to get them for free sounds great... But that still means some unfortunate sucker paid for this in the first place.

Last edited by Kioku,

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems that even without buying the DLC you could still trade for them at least, so that's better than nothing; It's good that the National Dex wont be completely dead now.

without the DLCs you can not evolve new slowpoke at all. A youtuber maxed it out with rare candies. It evolves based on location. Seems it’s evolutions weren’t included with today’s free update to prevent players from getting them w/o the dlc by modding.

DuoForce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FINALLY, GF getting with the times! No more $60 for "enhancements" This is the best announcement I could have asked for. Fuck 3rd versions, it's nice we get to keep the same game and save. Plus GF can have more time to work on what would've been this year's mainline game. Gotta hand it to GF on this one, I thought they would never learn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste