Misc Pokemon Cheaters Banned

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I do not believe banning is an answer to anything. sure, it keeps out people who cheated once, and it is an efficient punishment, but that's like shooting a speeder on sight in my opinion.
On the contrary, banning users is the best idea. It's a deterrent to some other players who may be considering cheating, they won't bother if they think they'll get banned.
shooting speeders will also deter from speeding.

What catches my eye is that those cheats users get banned for don't even harm online play.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
It's VERY easy to cheat on a legit cart, that's what an Action Reaply does. Two seconds on google and you could have figured that out for yourself >_>
What can I say, I don't know these things. I don't cheat
tongue.gif

(Admittedly all I had to do was re-read the first post, it's mentions "Action replay" in it, lol blonde moment
rolleyes.gif
)

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I hope they follow suite with other Wi-Fi games, all this cheating completely destroys the point of Nintendo WFC, I don't really care too much about Pokemon, but in stuff like Mario Kart its well annoying.

VERY. Them cheaters should be skinned alive, have their eyeballs plucked out and showered with salt, then fed to the pgis.
Oh. My. God.
What is WITH you people? It's not like these cheaters are stealing your food and raping your women, they are just cheating in a GAME. You're all "oh noes these cheaters suck they should be killed by way of horrifying torture yeeearg" which is just WAY too overreactive and immature.
Shut up. :/

And just as an FYI, Nintendo has been banning people from all games for cheating.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
It would work though
As far as I know, as long as you have a leginimate looking save file, then there's nothing Nintendo can do to detect cheating (even if you made the save in Pokesav) but if you have all 493 in your Pokedex (when it's pretty much impossible to get Acerus, Darkrai, etc. without cheating) Nintendo's going to do something..

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo cant detect if your using a Flashcart...yet. As long as the savefile has not been tampered with you will be fine

Hairy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I hope they follow suite with other Wi-Fi games, all this cheating completely destroys the point of Nintendo WFC, I don't really care too much about Pokemon, but in stuff like Mario Kart its well annoying.

VERY. Them cheaters should be skinned alive, have their eyeballs plucked out and showered with salt, then fed to the pgis.
Oh. My. God.
What is WITH you people? It's not like these cheaters are stealing your food and raping your women, they are just cheating in a GAME. You're all "oh noes these cheaters suck they should be killed by way of horrifying torture yeeearg" which is just WAY too overreactive and immature.
Shut up. :/

And just as an FYI, Nintendo has been banning people from all games for cheating.

The cheaters aren't doing vicious acts like stealing our food and raping our women, but don't you feel the least bit annoyed when you're just trying to play a video game online and someone cheats? For instance in Counter Strike, someone's wallhacking + teleporting and constantly killing you right when you spawn. How would you like that? You'd probably leave the server and move on to the next, wouldn't you? What if that person followed you to every single server you went to and did the same thing? You wouldn't enjoy it very much would you? You'd probably get pretty annoyed and angry at the cheater and stop playing the game because you'd had enough. What if you went away and came back hours later, and the same thing happened? What if that happened every single time you logged on to play a game online? You wouldn't really appreciate that or find that very enjoyable. I sure wouldn't.

I'm just trying to prove a point that cheating is acceptable when you're playing alone against computers. However, when you're cheating in an online multiplayer game against other live people who are on for an enjoyable experience free from cheating, then a line must be drawn and order must be enforced. I salute Nintendo for taking action and I hope they continue to do this.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If players who bought the game and worked hard to obtain pokemons should be protected from cheaters from Nintendo's POV. Due to their technical limit, they only ban stupid cheaters but they got their job done (somewhat) I don't see any reason why Nintendo shouldn't.

One analogy here. One person bought a ticket to a football game legally. He walks into the stadium without having any trace of illegal stuff on him. But then midway through the game he jumps onto the field and starts streaking. Should he be handed over to police? He didn't steal anyone's money or kill your children.

Same for Wifi, instead of seeing someone streaking you get a illegimate pokemon.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's good that they are banning cheaters. Cheaters suck the fun out of online gaming for the legitimate players.

I wish they could stop snaking from happening in Mario Kart. That's why I quit playing MKDS online. It wasn't "fun" anymore and just became a snake fest. I know it's not technically a "cheat", but I'd still be playing MKDS online if it wasn't for that exploit.

I never really did play online games much anyway, MKDS was getting me into it, snaking made me hate it again and I haven't bothered with online gaming since.

Sure, I could do snaking, but I never became a master at it because it felt more like work and less like fun. Once snaking was discovered, it killed any and all interest in the game for me. I haven't even played it since.....and I own the retail cart of that game.

Hell, I don't even bother cheating in single player mode.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
One off topic, yeah I got sick of snakers the first day I tried WiFi, I kept meeting the same guy as if he's the only one online. It was only like 3rd day I bought a brand new copy from EBGames and haven't touched it since (All single beaten, most missions 3 stars etc)

Using pokesav you can own pokemon that are not registerd in your pokedex. Which means you can still trade event pokemons without Nintendo detecting you have filled your dex. But leaving a hole in a pokedex beats the purpose. I'd rather cheat and fill pokedex and not play wifi. And once I'm done with the story and pokedex, pokemon loses its merit, at least to me.

pacaveli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont think it matters so much that there are cheaters you need to have them in your pal pad and you in theirs and so if you see cheating take them out of yours and there you have it problem solved quit complaining when i run into a cheater i just take them out of my pal pad and then i have no problem if people want to cheat let them
in conclusion nintendo shouldnt do anything it should be in the hands of the players to weed out the cheaters

austrina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I hate cheaters... I dont trade or use GTS because of this reason. I traded few Pokemons but since I wasnt sure if I am receiving the legit ones. I decided to release them and caught my own... (Yes, from all GBA games & both Diamond, Pearl). Cheating in an online games IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. I really wish Nintendo would do something about those cheaters...!

Sure it is just a game, some of u might say. I went to a Pokemon event last weekend. I saw few guys about 20+ (they looks older than the average kids & teens in there) who had been disqualified from the battle as the MC/judge thought his Pokemon is hacked. It is funny to see how he & his friends tried to convince the judge that his Pokemon is legit (I think he got a weird exp points and shiny-ness). I even took a shot of it, an unclear shot though...

Now, do u really think is fair...? Do u really think pple who hate cheaters are just being 'sulky' because they lost? if these guys played and won a brand new Ltd Nintendo Edition Package and made all the younger kids & teens lose due to lack of knowledge of cheating?
yaynds.gif
These guys will walk away and with a smug face with a brand new DS. While the other legit players look at them with envy as they walked away with the prize... I am sure they had research & spent more times on their Pokemons compared to these guys.

Sure u said, Pokemon & GTS dont have any prize in monetary value and no one lose anything. Well, to be honest... they do have some value. I know lots of people actually sold their Pokemons since they are paying extra $$$ (GBA Pokemon games, Colosseum, Gamecube, GBA, etc) to catch them all. Some even sold HACKED pokemon... imagine if you go to an event 1 day, preparing & EV trained your TRADED Pokemon before the big event. You were sure u're gonna win! BUT the judge told u that u have been disqualified as the Pokemon is hacked. What would u feel? Embarassed? Angry? Missed out on the chance to own a BRAND NEW Ltd Ed. Nintendo DS just because someone traded u a hacked Pokemon?

Sure I used Pokesav, but only to backup my Pokemons as my in-game box are full (I collect every 1 pair for every Pokemon, Unowns and all Ditto nature) But they are all legitly caught by me & unmodified! Through Pokesav, I have pretty good knowledge on hacked Pokemons and how to avoid them.

PS: by the way, dont bother asking abt the event... they sucks and there are no event Pokemon.

Albertoil

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
seems like Nintendo actually doing something, they wrote in the wifi gaminghub that they taking actions to prevent cheating on MPH

"We're working to keep the leaderboards accurate, but you may notice a few players' scores exceeding maximum limits. While new systems to prevent cheating are finalized, log in to see how you rank against friends and other bounty hunters worldwide"

http://www.nintendowifi.com/gaminghub/Metr...rsGamingHub.jsp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2