Which pokemon do you plan to get?

• Total voters

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hey, do any of you know a good HM slave for before the third gym?
Well, since you don't use your starter... Samurott makes the perfect HM slave. You can try Watchog as well, which only knows cut and surf.

To be honest, you won't need much HM slaves in this game. You will only need TWO (three if you're playing White 2), and that is near the end of the game.

Some good HM pokemon to use later on would be Druddigon, Gyarados (I have no idea if you can get it) and Axew, but Axew is kinda wasteful as a HM slave since it can be trained and evolved into a kick ass Haxorus.
I won't need HMs?
I was going to use my starter for surf, but cut is just a wasted move.
You will need these HMs (compulsory):

Surf - Giant Chasm/Victory Road
Cut - Victory Road (White 2 only)
Strength - Victory Road (both versions)

This info is based on the Japanese version.

Also, prepare for quite a lot of ice sliding.

KipMudz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
confirmation that the always battling pkmn breeder was really intended in the game...

5678744_zps005ff1ec.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted-236924

Alright.
Got my fourth badge about an hour or two ago.
Team currently consists of Pignite Lv. 30, Leavanny Lv. 30, Crawdaunt Lv. 30, Magneton Lv. 30, Braviary Lv. 30 and Lucario Lv. 31.
(Went on a grinding spree pre-4th gym and got everyone up to Lv. 30.)

I was surprised, just for the hell of it. I put my Japanese Black 2 into my 3DS and wanted to see if I could send things from the English Dream Radar to the Japanese Black 2, it worked surprisingly, despite the region lock on the 3DS. So, the Munna and Revive I had both got sent to the Japanese game and Munna became Japanese.

Dream Radar region free I guess.
Well I guess this makes sense, seeing as PokéWalker was Region-free as well.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I love how everyone got a Lucario in their team - including me (soon, still got a Riolu).
Ok, I'm not playing the US version that much since I'm waiting for the German one, but damn.. It's great to understand everything in the game. :) Also, when I arrived at the Pokestar Studios... Seriously? Stu Deeoh? I mean, I get where the name comes from, but come on..

Shadowlurker

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
About 2 badges in, About to tackle the 3rd.. My team so far are; Electro the Elekid, Phooey the Lucario, Umi the Shiny Vaporeon (My fIrst shiny this playthrough! :D) Growlie the Growlithe, An unamed Koffing, and SunLeaf the Sunflora...

Probably gonna need a Flying type at some point.. Any decent ones near Castelia? I'm thinking Zubat or something if not..

Also anyone know howto use Pokestock to hack in the Dream radar pokes like Pingouin7 was able to.. I can't find a tutorial anywhere and the program is completely in Japanese I believe..

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
About 2 badges in, About to tackle the 3rd.. My team so far are; Electro the Elekid, Phooey the Lucario, Umi the Shiny Vaporeon (My fIrst shiny this playthrough! :D) Growlie the Growlithe, An unamed Koffing, and SunLeaf the Sunflora...

Probably gonna need a Flying type at some point.. Any decent ones near Castelia? I'm thinking Zubat or something if not..

Also anyone know howto use Pokestock to hack in the Dream radar pokes like Pingouin7 was able to.. I can't find a tutorial anywhere and the program is completely in Japanese I believe..
Crobat is actually quite a decent choice, or you can catch a Skarmory later on near Reversal Mountain.

Zubat sucks though, you have to endure.

D

Deleted-236924

Quick guide:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz2TRSdKyJs

Shadowlurker

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Quick guide:

Ahh It was that easy.. Silly me.. Thanks! And it worked! Thanks again!

And A Zubat it is then.. or I use one of the legendaries Pingouin7 helped me aquire...........

Luna

Trophies
XP
Country
are you kidding me? i have finished the original black with only the starter pokemon on the first run (oshawoot)

Clearly you are underestimating Lucario. He can carry throughout the whole game. But yea, he made it pretty boring so I won't bother catching him this playthrough.

I was more talking about that I actually want to use diversity.
Of course it's easier to smash through with Lucario, but in my eyes this defies what the game is all about.

Why would it be bad to try and use other Pokémon who are also fun to use? All I want is a team that can be used normally like every other playthrough =3.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Trust me, that is NOT going to help much. Go catch a magnemite or zubat and train it.

Oh yeah? My darumaka can beat all those bug pokemon. And me dewott has razor shell. But flaffy is not that much but I'm aiming to get it to ampharos.
And my most powerful pokemon... Genesect
Oh nevermind then. LOL. That thing will toast everyone. Just be mindful of that rock bug.

Dewott is practically worthless in the battle. Leavanny will take it out in 1 hit.

Flaffy will probably faint before it can even execute an attack on Leavanny.

As for genesect, how can you even use it? Isn't it like Lv50 or something?

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Trust me, that is NOT going to help much. Go catch a magnemite or zubat and train it.

Oh yeah? My darumaka can beat all those bug pokemon. And me dewott has razor shell. But flaffy is not that much but I'm aiming to get it to ampharos.
Oh nevermind then. LOL. That thing will toast everyone. Just be mindful of that rock bug.

Dewott is practically worthless in the battle. Leavanny will take it out in 1 hit.

For the US and EUR versions it's lvl 15, so it can be used earlier.

Reactions: 1 person

Jiehfeng

The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Svalbard

I'm just scared of leavanny.
And no Genesect is level 15 as a mystery gift. Cool right? ;)

And hey, do you know a way to make my riolu happy to make it evolve

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

For the US and EUR versions it's lvl 15, so it can be used earlier.
Well, THAT is lucky. I guess you're quite safe for the battle.

I'll put Genesect in the PC and play the game the hard way.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: America ya~