HOLY SHIT OCTOBER?? =D

linkie link pl0kz
It's a rumor.
Might not happen.

Deathmore

Trophies
XP
Country
IR icon on Pokemon B/W could indicate an IR transmitter/reciever in the cartridge it self, just like Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver. I think we've just proven that Pokemon B/W could use another IR peripheral device such as an updated pokewalker just like HG SS

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or...it could be released for the DS and the 3DS, akin to Twilight Princess. It'd be the first time that a game would be released on the same media for two different systems, unless the architect of a 3DS cartridge is different, but it's certainly possible. Granted, it seems unlikely, seeing as other games that utilized console specific features (Assassin's Creed: Discovery, for example) were released on the weaker console's media ( in that case, the normal DS cartridge), with a label stating that the game had 'DSi exclusive content." This is more likely the case (should it be released on the 3DS at all.)

Who the hell knows? Maybe they'll release it for the DS with a "3DS exclusive content" sticker on the front. Or, more likely than not, Black and White will be for the DS without the exclusive content, and then the "3rd game" will be for the 3DS.

ArKRaveN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
It doesn't matter, it could be a DS and 3DS game (same game diferent catridge) so they wouldn't be so stupid as to make a RPG game 3DS ONLY

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
Windaga said:
It'd be the first time that a game would be released on the same media for two different systems
Umm, the Burger King Xbox games had both Xbox and Xbox 360 versions on the same disc.
I was formally unaware of this - however, I was talking in relation - the Wii can play both Gamecube and Wii games, while the Gamecube can only play Gamecube games, in a similar manner to how the Xbox and Xbox 360 work. However the DS and the DSi use the same form of media, and one's games can be played on the other. (DSi game CAN be played on a DS, just without the extra features, as opposed to the Xbox, which cannot play Xbox 360 games) Sorry, I guess I should've made that a bit clearer. However, even if the aforementioned was false, it'd still be an oddity in gaming.

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Why is everyone flaming the guy? He just had a question. Sure he could have googled it, but it's pretty easy to answer anyway!

No, the new PKMN won't be for the 3DS, with what we know so far it's only for the DS.

See? It's easy to answer without insulting and stuff. Geez, most of you people seem more noob than the OP! (note: most of you, don't flame me for generalizing xD)

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@davidsl_128 - I totally agree with you, they don't just insult, they belittle the OP too. lol

Anyways I would think it's on the DS and not 3DS since the release date is supposed to be in 2010... I think.

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
My personal opinion.
The Pokewalker proved to be a success with HG/SS, and with how much people would complain if it wasn't retained we'll either see a new Pokewalker, or some form of compatibility with the old Pokewalker.

Black/White have been confirmed to be for the DS, but I think the notion of 3DS features isn't too far fetched. We saw this on the GB with Link's Awakening DX, a game that was playable on the GB, but in a GBC had a bonus dungeon. And we saw it again with the jump from GBC to GBA, again it was Zelda games that I remember using this. The two Oracles games had an extra shop only accessible on a GBA. And while I didn't have any GBA games that had extra DS content I thought for sure I read about a game that had an unlockable from the GBA when played on a DS. (so unconfirmed on the GBA to DS jump until someone has a real reference other than an old memory)

We have already seen games that had DSi features, but were playable on a regular DS, so why not have a DS game that has extra features on a 3DS? Not only do you cut costs making one game that is compatible with multiple systems, but add more incentive to get the new system. I can see something like on the 3DS the 3D feature works, maybe add wider screen support and slightly better graphics when played on a 3DS, and I'd be more than happy to see a 3DS exclusive shop with hard to find items or an extra area where hard to find Pokemon are more abundant. All things that wouldn't be too hard to code in to only activate when a 3DS is detected, just like detecting if you are playing a DSi enhanced game on a DSi or a DS.

All of this is just speculation at this point though, I wouldn't expect to get anything solid for a while yet. We should know more in a few months as release for both game and system get closer.
But let's roll with this. Let's speculate. If B&W were to have special 3DS only features what do you think they would be? What would you hope for? What would you hate to see more than anything and claim that it's addition would be the downfall of Pokemon and the end of handheld gaming as we know it?

Discuss.

KuRensan

aka Pearbook
OP
Trophies
Website
intheseaofclouds.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
1 more question ...
why does the C gear looks 3DS to me ??
I now know is for the DS but look this pic:
schermafbeelding2010061u.png

At the bottom screen you can see trainers and a wireless sign (top Right)
maybe because the 3DS saw those record on another 3DS with Pokemon B/W
I could be wrong maybe he just connected to the internet, so what do you think?

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
The gamer in the pic has obviously connected to an access point, no big deal, and besides, black and white was announced before the 3DS (B/W may come as remake on 3DS), and the graphics in the pic? Pure usage of a 2gb cartridge (256mb rom).

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Donald Serrot said:
Black/White have been confirmed to be for the DS, but I think the notion of 3DS features isn't too far fetched. We saw this on the GB with Link's Awakening DX, a game that was playable on the GB, but in a GBC had a bonus dungeon. And we saw it again with the jump from GBC to GBA, again it was Zelda games that I remember using this. The two Oracles games had an extra shop only accessible on a GBA. And while I didn't have any GBA games that had extra DS content I thought for sure I read about a game that had an unlockable from the GBA when played on a DS. (so unconfirmed on the GBA to DS jump until someone has a real reference other than an old memory)

I think most of the posters in this thread are either too younge, or too dumb to remember the Zelda games. And I agree... while it may not be a 3DS game, I honestly wouldn't be suprised if it didn't have a 3DS exclusive feature either.

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
The Pi said:
altorn said:
yeah, Pokemon Black and White are 3DS games..
I was going to flame you...

QUOTE(altorn @ Jun 19 2010, 01:15 PM) if you play the cartridge in a 3DS console.
then I LOLed
ALL DS GAEME IS BE 3DS GAEME!

I did a facepalm at the first part then a ROFLMAO at the second. Then you turned it into a ROFLCOPTER. lol

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
SOS-Rens said:
1 more question ...
why does the C gear looks 3DS to me ??
I now know is for the DS but look this pic:
schermafbeelding2010061u.png

At the bottom screen you can see trainers and a wireless sign (top Right)
maybe because the 3DS saw those record on another 3DS with Pokemon B/W
I could be wrong maybe he just connected to the internet, so what do you think?
Nintendogs and the up-coming dragonquest 9 or 8 or another final fantasy-type number have "bark/tag-mode".
That is what's on the 3DS, but in the hardware rather than the game.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The devkits obviously weren't available anywhere near early enough for Gamefreak to make B&W for the 3DS. Even if they'd done a partial port, it just would've ended up playing like a slightly tweaked DS game, just as Diamond/Pearl play like GBA games with a few touchscreen controls thrown into the mix.

B&W's graphics would've been an insult to the 3DS, now that we've seen some of the amazing visuals that it's capable of... and those are just pre-release images from launch titles; so the 3DS graphics will only get more refined as time goes on.

Better that GF wait until the 3rd version, and any possible Gen III remakes, to make a 3DS game. B&W should be the last Pokemon games for the DS, though. The 3rd version won't be out until at least 2 years after B&W's release date, and by then the DS should be good and dead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-