Status
Not open for further replies.

BrokenHearted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh and the whole i use it for region specific games i cannot get still illegal! You are still using a damn rom and not buying the game.

Why would I buy a game I won't be able to play on my system? What convinced me to buy a Gateway (maybe at the expense of being able to play Pokémon) is a game that was released in another region than mine and that won't be released in my region until spring 2014 at the earliest. I would have just bought the game if there were no region locking as there are so few games I actually would want to download and play on the Gateway (mostly first party Mario games) and that I don't already have.

It's so easy to say "Just buy the game" but why would I when it won't work on my system? Who am I hurting if I play it on Gateway, as I wasn't supposed to be able to play the game anyway (or at least not yet)?

Reactions: IronClouds

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why do you people sign up on a sight that:

Started life as a gba rom site
Keeps tracks of scene releases and has discussions on them
Has open discussion of rom usage.
Multiple guides for playing 'backups' on various consoles

Just to bitch about piracy? Did you sign up the wrong forum by accident or are you just straight up trolling?

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just to bitch about piracy? Did you sign up the wrong forum by accident or are you just straight up trolling?

It is because some people (like myself) like to free up their devices and do things not originally intended by the creator of said device, and actually make REAL backups of their software. Thats why I signed up, this forum is pretty interesting when your talking to the right people (emphasis on the right people). Im not trying to tell you that you shouldn't pirate, since honestly I dont care and you have your own freewill, but I wont support it.

But anyways, I dont know why they would be using NAND on the cart, seems kinda over the top doesnt it?

robo989

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's considered polite etiquette to never admit or encourage piracy of any kind, even on sites like this that have no specific zero tolerance rules to such discussions. On the other hand it's polite and "normal" to allow anti-piracy evangelical morons to have their say and not reply.

Why did you sign up to this forum not knowing that?

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BOO! I love pirating as much as the next person, but come on, this game deserves to be bought, so much time and effort has clearly gone into these titles.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It was never confirmed in any way and such rumours are entirely fictitious. There's no reason why Pokemon should have SLC-NAND on-board and it probably won't.

Hold on boy, just because it wasn't confirmed it has NAND save, we can't say it was entirely fictious.
The game will be released in 3 days, let's wait for it's release before been so vehement about this.

Yep its amazing people are allowed to talk about it on forums such as this but not post roms. The gateway does not even do homebrew at the moment the only way to use it legally is not to use it. It's use for piracy at the moment and thats it.

Willing to bet 99% of the people with gateway only have it so they can skimp on buying games. the other 1% are trying to reverse engineer it and create there own or waiting for homebrew.

If you like the game buy it. At the end of the day how many games do you play on your 3DS? for me i play a max of 2 games at a time once i complete a game i put it down for a while or forever.

Just buy pokemon play it and when done sell it buy another game same with other games at least this way you get to play it properly and know you help towards development costs for future games. Don't be an ass and rip game devs off.

Oh and the whole i use it for region specific games i cannot get still illegal! You are still using a damn rom and not buying the game.

Gateway already supports region-locked games and the scenario seems to get better everyday.
Many have bought to play japanese and european games and some are still waiting for homebrew support.
Also with version 2.0, you can dump your own roms with it, breaking completely the argument that it's sole purpose is piracy.

JohnnyBlaze1986

FUCK GBATEMP!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatempsucks.com
XP
Country
United States
But anyways, I dont know why they would be using NAND on the cart, seems kinda over the top doesnt it?

If people would've listened to me in another thread I said this in, they would've read the article and saw that most likely Pokemon would NOT be NAND based as Nintendo had to use special chips for Animal Crossing which resulted in shortages and Nintendo having to scramble to make more carts.

With Pokemon being a HUGE release, I doubt Nintendo is going to be caught short handed. It probably won't work on Gateway still if the game requires files from the 6.1 firmware much like Monster Hunter 4. Gateway is probably waiting out for the Pokemon rom and seeing if their potential fix will also work on that game before releasing it.

If it doesn't work on Gateway, it will most likely be a firmware issue and not related to a save.

Thanatos Telos

random stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold on boy, just because it wasn't confirmed it has NAND save, we can't say it was entirely fictious.
The game will be released in 3 days, let's wait for it's release before been so vehement about this.

Gateway already supports region-locked games and the scenario seems to get better everyday.
Many have bought to play japanese and european games and some are still waiting for homebrew support.
Also with version 2.0, you can dump your own roms with it, breaking completely the argument that it's sole purpose is piracy.

I can't read the text!

Dark theme BTW.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Why would I buy a game I won't be able to play on my system? What convinced me to buy a Gateway (maybe at the expense of being able to play Pokémon) is a game that was released in another region than mine and that won't be released in my region until spring 2014 at the earliest. I would have just bought the game if there were no region locking as there are so few games I actually would want to download and play on the Gateway (mostly first party Mario games) and that I don't already have.

It's so easy to say "Just buy the game" but why would I when it won't work on my system? Who am I hurting if I play it on Gateway, as I wasn't supposed to be able to play the game anyway (or at least not yet)?

When it's actually released in your region, you're not actually going to buy it though are you?

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hope this some how make your GW3DS user feel better because deal with it, pokemon will not work with GW.
um0d.jpg

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

couldn't agree more

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
buy the fuckin' game, sodding wanker. jesus christ.

1st world problems.

Thank goodness I won't have this problem in a few days...however it will force me to update :unsure:

so if I ever did get a Gatew--- oh fuck it.

Reactions: MrAnalysis

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Quit the bickering, please. I'll only ask nicely once.

As I have said in another thread, while I agree that we should support devs, you are not the moral police. It is not your job to ask much less demand someone to buy a game instead of pirating it. While I realize that piracy is becoming less popular these days, that does not give you the position to insult and belittle people who pirate their games and seeks ways of pirating newer ones. If it keeps up, I'm going to start warning folks who crap all over the thread with their moral high ground BS.

Let me reiterate: The fact that you buy games makes you no better than people who don't. We are all equals here, so it should go without saying that you have no authority to tell anyone whether or not to buy a game.

MrAnalysis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Quit the bickering, please. I'll only ask nicely once.
Let me reiterate: The fact that you buy games makes you no better than people who don't. We are all equals here, so it should go without saying that you have no authority to tell anyone whether or not to buy a game.

I think the game Dev's would say the people saying to buy it are better. Also second part depends who the person is how do you know they don't work in the copyright industry/Law ;).

I know some parts of the world its not illegal and you can have 1 backup of your game and stuff but most cases it is illegal. This thread is aimed at everything that is illegal though the OP is asking for a ROM/Hope for a ROM so he/she can pirate the game on a device that at the moment is only used for piracy.

BTW i am curious what happens after you "ask once" would you be banning the people who ask others to buy games thus supporting Piracy? Or just removing posts to support Piracy?

OOOOOOOOOOO AND A LITTLE QUOTE FROM A Q&A
Question: I run a website but I never actually upload or download copyrighted materials. Could I be liable for what visitors to my site do?
Answer: You could. Under certain circumstances, bulletin board operators and webmasters can be subject to both civil and criminal liability for contributory or vicarious copyright infringement when unauthorized copies of software (or the direct means to obtain such software) are found on their sites. If you know that people are using your site to find warez or cracked video games, you may have an obligation to do something about it, particularly if you benefit financially in any way, or are able to control the unlawful copying. You can protect yourself by complying with the DMCA Safe Harbor

You get cash from adverts here right guys? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @TimeMaster, what happenned?