Hacking Pokelon X/Y rom leak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Hope this some how make your GW3DS user feel better because deal with it, pokemon will not work with GW.
um0d.jpg
- Really, less new Pokemon is a complaint? Personally, as a very casual Pokemon player, I pretty much never use Pokemon past generation three when I get the choice because I don't know them. I don't know their moves, and I don't know if they'll make a decent addition. Less new Pokemon is better at this point.

- That is entirely opinion. The games will still sell somewhere around 20 million to 30 million copies to people of all ages.

- None of the Pokemon games are really balanced. Restrictions have to be imposed in order to create balance, and all things considered, the online battling world won't exactly be rocked. As for the main game, if people seriously bitch about that not being challenging, clearly they've never played Pokemon the myriad of ways that allow you to steamroll right on through the opposition, including the Elite 4 and Champion.

- Mega Evolutions are a fun addition that can mix up the strategy for competitive play. When just playing the story, it will simply be fun to mess with. As well, they have a balance of their own in that you can only Mega Evolve one Pokemon per battle. So, you know, you can't exactly build a team of mega evolving monsters.

- For the next three points, I can find absolutely nothing that confirms this. Nothing at all. Even then, I doubt there's no post game content at all. Likely just not very much of it, as is fairly common practice with the first two games in a new generation. Also, don't forget the rather comprehensive multiplayer system that exists in this game. Considering the world connectivity is a major goal of Pokemon these days, there's a lot of worthwhile post game content for everybody. For less difficulty, that primarily comes from ways to make it easier to get as much as possible out of the game without having to grind each and every Pokemon for hours and hours on end. Making the EV system more obvious is far from a negative as well. tl;dr: lots of unfounded bitching

- lol no story? Really? It has the same generic story as almost every Pokemon game to date. They have yet to reinvent the wheel where the Pokemon story is concerned, and I highly doubt they ever will.

- Everything not being 3D is more of a personal grievance than an overall gripe. If it looked like Black/White 2, nobody would complain. The fact the game as a whole looks better is simply a nice plus.

- The majority of battles in every Pokemon game are 1 vs 1, and considering the 3DS likely couldn't render four or six nice, 3D models at the same time while moving at optimum speed makes me less inclined to complain that the really beautiful battles are restricted to the most common ones.

- Holy shit who actually cares about riding Pokemon or having a Pokemon follow you? If that's make it or break it for you, you'll likely be waiting for four or five years until you get something even remotely close to what you want in a mainline game.

- Really, once again, people care about the ability to remove a hat? This probably tops the list of arbitrary things to bitch about, which is pretty amazing considering the list as a whole.

- Battles have never been quick, especially if you leave battle animations on. You pretty much have to pick between pretty moves, or faster battles. Regardless, they made less battles necessary with the experience share revamped, so it's unlikely that slow battling is the entire cause of the 35 hour play time. Hell, the creator of Pokemon acknowledged that a lot of people don't just have 40+ hours to put in Pokemon team building anymore. He made the game faster because of that with a faster beginning, faster movement speed early on, and easier experience distribution. Just as a heads up, I've put about five hours into Black 2 so far, and I've only gotten two badges in cities literally two minutes of travel time apart on the outside. The reason? Battles trying to build a reasonable team. It's fucking time consuming.

- Reviews have praised the living hell out of the game; or have I maybe been reading the myriad of good reviews and not the maybe one review in existence that bashes the game because the reviewer takes their Pokemon super srs?

- The game was rushed out early? The 3DS has been on the market for over two and a half years now. Do you know when they released their first Pokemon games on the DS? About two and a half years into the life of the system. So no, it isn't rushed. If anything, the release is matching a pretty predictable schedule. It's just the first 3DS attempt, and much like Diamond/Pearl on the DS, it won't be refined right away.

Do I support waiting for the third installment? Assuming there will be one, sure! Then again, they haven't followed the third installment formula since the release of Generation IV, so it may not be the safest bet for anybody looking for their Pokemon fix. I don't support waiting for the third release for stupid ass reasons though. I support waiting for the third release simply because it's usually better. Not for groundbreaking reasons most of the time, but usually just because it combines the best of the first two games while adding something new and fun to give incentive for people who bought the first two games to buy again. Just waiting because you think the potential Z will include all the little things you thought X and Y should have is stupid though. Plain dumb.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
I think the game Dev's would say the people saying to buy it are better. Also second part depends who the person is how do you know they don't work in the copyright industry/Law ;).

I know some parts of the world its not illegal and you can have 1 backup of your game and stuff but most cases it is illegal. This thread is aimed at everything that is illegal though the OP is asking for a ROM/Hope for a ROM so he/she can pirate the game on a device that at the moment is only used for piracy.

BTW i am curious what happens after you "ask once" would you be banning the people who ask others to buy games thus supporting Piracy? Or just removing posts to support Piracy?

If you would like to discuss this further, feel free to PM me, but right now you're off topic.

Edit: To answer your question somewhat, I never said anything about banning. I said warn. Warns can lead to a ban. I'll assume the second part of that question was rhetorical.

Thunder Hawk

Firefox Master Race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hope this some how make your GW3DS user feel better because deal with it, pokemon will not work with GW.
-snip-

You cannot confirm anything. Anyway, I'm hoping that the game would be compatible with the GW3DS at some point. What I really want to see is all the leftover development stuff they left in the game along with the ability to edit the save file if possible. Of course someone would have to crack the new safe file format first. Although, if a save editor were to be made, then it would most likely be used to cheat and ruin online matchups because of those people who have max IVs in every stat, the right balance of EVs, shiny, perfect nature, level 100, overpowered pokemon.

But, what about Mystery Gift events? Some people can't drive out for miles to some special place just to get something like an event item or pokemon that only takes less then 5 seconds to download. With a save editor, we just might be able to import and export event stuff so we wouldn't have to miss out due to location or the like.

Developing a piece of software like that would most likely take at least a few months.

PanCyan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i upgrade to play pokemon i can always downgrade with my nand dump and play gateway right?

kira1000

Trophies
XP
Country
um0d.jpg

how can you be so sure that it will not work, all we can do is wait and see, personally, I hope it does work, we are already buying 1-3 copies of X and Y (1 of X and 2 of Y, there is another X but the person is buying their own), why buy another when you can just use a gateway?

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
You cannot confirm anything. Anyway, I'm hoping that the game would be compatible with the GW3DS at some point. What I really want to see is all the leftover development stuff they left in the game along with the ability to edit the save file if possible. Of course someone would have to crack the new safe file format first. Although, if a save editor were to be made, then it would most likely be used to cheat and ruin online matchups because of those people who have max IVs in every stat, the right balance of EVs, shiny, perfect nature, level 100, overpowered pokemon.

But, what about Mystery Gift events? Some people can't drive out for miles to some special place just to get something like an event item or pokemon that only takes less then 5 seconds to download. With a save editor, we just might be able to import and export event stuff so we wouldn't have to miss out due to location or the like.

Developing a piece of software like that would most likely take at least a few months.

I'm kind of hoping that mystery gift events/wonder tickets will be done over Streetpass relays found in Best Buys and such. If that's the case I don't even need to leave my house since I turned my router into my personal streetpass relay.

Reactions: Thorhian

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i upgrade to play pokemon i can always downgrade with my nand dump and play gateway right?

Provided you have a NAND reader installed and have a current dump (or if Gateway can in fact dump and re-flash the NAND when FW2.0 is released), then yes, that shouldn't be a problem at all.

[...]But, what about Mystery Gift events? Some people can't drive out for miles to some special place just to get something like an event item or pokemon that only takes less then 5 seconds to download. With a save editor, we just might be able to import and export event stuff so we wouldn't have to miss out due to location or the like.[...]

I would imagine that Mystery Gift events are going to be run through Nintendo Zone hotspots now, like the Animal Crossing gifts from BestBuy. They might not be close to everyone, but usually they're relatively close. I also recall people having success setting up a Best Buy Nintendo Zone hotspot at home and getting the gifts, so if they do go that route, you probably won't even have to leave the comfort of your house.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
the gateway probably wont reflash, in the next release and only dump nand, as for pokemon, either they are holding back on info until they get pokemon roms to make sure the the nand based save feature they implemented works (if its in pokemon) if not im sure ninty would do the equiv of what they did with mh4, either way i veeeeeeeeeeeeery much doubt x and y will work with gw with current version

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hold on boy, just because it wasn't confirmed it has NAND save, we can't say it was entirely fictious.
The game will be released in 3 days, let's wait for it's release before been so vehement about this.

If a rumour has no actual proof to support itself and is merely the product of someone's imagination then it's fictitious and remains fictitious regardless of whether it turns out to be true or not. The same applies to other "prophecies" - if someone tells you that it's going to rain in two months time without consulting any kind of forecast and it just so happens that it does rain at the specified time, said person isn't a "prophet", he or she just luckily guessed the upcoming weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, ohhhhh