Pokémon Hack Screening Thread

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Densetsu, Jul 4, 2012.

Jul 4, 2012

Pokémon Hack Screening Thread by Densetsu at 9:36 PM (214,399 Views / 36 Likes) 547 replies

1. Drak0rex

Member Drak0rex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    So you want... less... pokemon in a game that's about catching them all. Interesting...:wacko:

2. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ RIP Jake...

United States
    :lol: yeah I know it sounds backwards but hear me out. I want to play the remake without all the new pokemon in Kanto, so its closer to a faithful remake. I know its weird, but does that make sense?

If I cant seem to find something like this I might consider trying to make a little rom hack myself.
    -Gens 1 and 2 only, Jhoto probably wouldn't really need to be touched all that much
    -add in missing pokemon (depending on the version)
    -modify pokemon that evolve in trades
    -remove all post gen 1 and 2 pokemon from Kanto
    -increase level's of wild pokemon and trainers to appropriate amounts so you cant just breeze through the second half of the game.

Ryccardo and cearp like this.
  3. cearp

Member cearp the ticket master

Tuvalu
    sounds fun :)

4. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ RIP Jake...

United States
    Well all that said, I know DICK about rom hacking so I would have to have a team LOL

5. Black-Ice

Member Black-Ice Founder of the Church of Renamon

United Kingdom
    Nope and I remember you wanted this from ages ago

(god bless i remembered i'm a fake moderator in this thread <3)

BORTZ and VinsCool like this.
  6. Lunedi

Newcomer Lunedi Advanced Member

Uruguay
    One year late but yolo, Mikelan98 WAS NOT the original creator of Pokemon Light Platinum, he's just doing the Remake on his own after receiving permission from WesleyFG, who actually made the original HackROM.

Claros likes this.
  7. Claros

Newcomer Claros Member

France
    At least you fixed my mistake :rofl:

8. the assaf

Member the assaf GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    (help)
    Hello there,
    I am making HGSS rom hack to try remaking FRLG (I modding Silver Blue). You will start as Red in Kanto (just gen I pokemon!), do the main plot, access some area in Johto featuring Sevii Islands events. It'll contain 263 pokemon: all gen I & II pokemon(251), Heonn starters (9),Azurill & Wynaut (2) Deoxys (was "obtainable" in original FRLG) + 3 Kanto Starters Mega evulotions (and maybe weather trio?).
    Now I'm working on sprites editing: Changing Karen's battle sprite to Agatha battle sprite, changing Will's battle spite to Lorelei battle spite, Janine's to Koga's and etc...
    I'm following KazoWar's guide .

so I need some help:
    1)I can't find where Will's and Red's battle spite located in ROM (I guess in /a/0/5/8, but I can't find Will, and as I modding Silver Blue, Red in Mt.silver is replaced by Blue)
    2)I can just find one rgcn sprite which contain 2 frames(?) for animated sprites, which have 3 frames(?)
    3)Two Koga Sprites? (one 8_549.rgcn, second 8_449.rgcn) in /a/0/5/8
    4)mugshots - I want to edit and swap mugshots of the following chatacters: Blue,Rival,Red, Koga, Janine, Giovanni, Will and Karen. I read mugshots located at /a/1/0/9 but I don't know how to read that format (I know Tinke can read it, but I don't know how) and where the sprites for each mugshot are located.

Thanks, I hope this is the right place and sorry for bad English.

edit: Is there any guides/resources for script hacking? I can't find any of them, can someone give a link please?

Last edited by the assaf, Aug 11, 2016