Hacking Please Help. Formatted my sd card for 3ds.

yamato05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I formatted my sd card while finalizing my set up in the 3dshack guide. I got to the part with installing the cias but kept getting the FAT operation cancelled error. Searched for how to fix it and some say that try formatting sd card. So in my stupidity I did. And now there is the error when it boots. What do I do?

I have b9s and luma3ds. I had just updated to newest firm before this all happened.

Last edited by yamato05,

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I formatted my sd card while finalizing my set up in the 3dshack guide. I got to the part with installing the cias but kept getting the FAT operation cancelled error. Searched for how to fix it and some say that try formatting sd card. So in my stupidity I did. And now there is the error when it boots. What do I do?

I have b9s and luma3ds. I had just updated to newest firm before this all happened.
  • Is the console SD card formatted on FAT32? If not, then follow this (although is preferable to perform that this post says, to be safe about the integrity of the SD card).
  • Later, do these other things.

Last edited by fmkid,

yamato05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
  • Is the console SD card formatted on FAT32? If not, then follow this (although is preferable to perform that this post says, to be safe about the integrity of the SD card).
  • Later, do these other things.

Yes it is FAT32 with 32bit cluster. I tried just copying a luma3ds firm and arm11code bin and it booted is that okay?

I tried reinstalling the cias and this time they worked. I think I would just reinstall all my games.
All this happened because I was trying to upgrade to a bigger size sd card.

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
copying a (...) arm11code bin
That file isn't needed at all

I think I would just reinstall all my games.
Yes, you must reinstall again your games. There's not option because have formatted the SD card directly without have made a backup of all its content.

All this happened because I was trying to upgrade to a bigger size sd card
For the next time, make a backup of all the SD content before. And be sure that the new SD card have the adequate format to be used on the console (FAT32, 32/64kB cluster size, primary partition and MBR allocation table), then copy the content backup to the new SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto