Hacking Please Help! Dios Mios/USB Loader

jakiewinks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii has not worked in my favor AT ALL lately. I try to load gamecube games with dios mios using usb loader gx, cfg usbloader, wiiflow, and dmbooter, and they all either send me to the homescreen and turn off my wii.
And on the other hand, when I try to load wii games they either have slow read times or freeze randomly. I use cios 222 because I have a fat32 formatted 30gb ipod video and just..ugh.
I've been working on different settings and troubleshooting this for 4 hours now. Is there anything that I can do?
I WOULD use the actual discs to these games, or even burn them, but my disc drive is broken on my wii and doesnt read anything. -__-
Anyone..please. :(

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I use cios 222 because I have a fat32 formatted
You know that ALL recent cIOS are compatible with FAT32? you don't "need" 222 for FAT32, the same way that you don't "need" WBFS for "other than 222".

If you tried different loaders and DIOS MIOS always shut down the console, it means it encountered a problem and forced a shutdown.
It's probably cause by your device (Ipod which needs to be in HDD mode). DIOS MIOS is not compatible with all devices.

The slow loading is probably caused by the device access speed too.

Just try another HDD.

jakiewinks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know that ALL recent cIOS are compatible with FAT32? you don't "need" 222 for FAT32, the same way that you don't "need" WBFS for "other than 222".

If you tried different loaders and DIOS MIOS always shut down the console, it means it encountered a problem and forced a shutdown.
It's probably cause by your device (Ipod which needs to be in HDD mode). DIOS MIOS is not compatible with all devices.

The slow loading is probably caused by the device access speed too.

Just try another HDD.

Thanks for the reply! I don't really know much about this stuff sorry :ha: I tried another harddrive, and it fixed all the problems with wii games, but I'm still having trouble with dios mios. dmbooter, config usb loader, and wiiflow all reset me back to the home screen, and usb loader gx just has a black screen. I'm guessing that it has something do do with my ios. Any suggestions?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
DIOS MIOS doesn't use IOS, it wouldn't change your problem if you modify them.

The Wii only use one IOS at a time, and when you launch a gameCube game only the MIOS is loaded and active, no other IOS are loaded.
If there's a problem in DIOS MIOS, it has something to do with your device, not with other components installed on your Wii.

It's strange that it resets to the home screen (system menu?). Usually DIOS MIOS (Lite) either wait until the device is mounted (you see only a black screen until it's done), or shutdown the Wii if something goes wrong.
Did you try DIOS MIOS Lite and an SD card to see if at least you could launch a game? If it works, it will let you know that your Wii is correctly setup and your games are correctly dumped.

DIOS MIOS is known for having difficulty to work with some USB devices. if it's stuck on black screen, try again few times. Sometime it's only a HDD init problem, but it could be that it's just another incompatible HDD.

jakiewinks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DIOS MIOS doesn't use IOS, it wouldn't change your problem if you modify them.

The Wii only use one IOS at a time, and when you launch a gameCube game only the MIOS is loaded and active, no other IOS are loaded.
If there's a problem in DIOS MIOS, it has something to do with your device, not with other components installed on your Wii.

It's strange that it resets to the home screen (system menu?). Usually DIOS MIOS (Lite) either wait until the device is mounted (you see only a black screen until it's done), or shutdown the Wii if something goes wrong.
Did you try DIOS MIOS Lite and an SD card to see if at least you could launch a game? If it works, it will let you know that your Wii is correctly setup and your games are correctly dumped.

DIOS MIOS is known for having difficulty to work with some USB devices. if it's stuck on black screen, try again few times. Sometime it's only a HDD init problem, but it could be that it's just another incompatible HDD.

Man, my Wii is so messed up. :L I used to be able to load gamecube games (at slow speed and about one game because 2 gb sd card) but it'd still load. Now it can't at all. :( It does the same thing, system menu for all of them, and black screen for usb loader gx. I hadn't changed the game (melee) on my sd card since it worked so there was SOMETHING that I changed on my wii that's making it not work.

And also my HDD is listed working under http://www.wiihacks.com/other-faq-guides-tutorials/103981-usb-hdd-compatibility-list-dios-mios.html it's a 500 gb western digital. But it says dios mios 2.0, does that mean I should try downgrading to 2.0? Thanks again!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
reinstall proper content in your Wii:
- BC v6 (the official one from Nintendo servers or from ModMii)
- MIOS v10 (the official one too).

From there, try to launch a retail gamecube disc (if you have one) to see if your Wii works fine with launching the MIOS or if it returns to the system menu again.

Then, install DIOS MIOS 2.6, do not uninstall the MIOS v10 as it will be replaced automatically.
Try a backup from USB with DMLbooter (or another loader).

Be sure that your HDD has its first physical partition as FAT32, primary, 32k cluster (or less), 512bytes per sector (usually the case for HDD smaller than 2TB so no worry here).

Reactions: temp1312

mike.leb140

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having the same problem as the Original Poster. I tried Cyan's latest advice about installing BC v6, MIOS v10, and DIOS MIOS 2.6, however my screen in Wiiflow remains black after choosing to play a GameCube game.

Any ideas?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you try DIOS MIOS Lite and placing games on SD card?
it would determine if the issue is your setting or your hardware.

If it works from SD card with DIOS MIOS Lite, then your setup is good and your issue is your HDD is not compatible with DM.
If it doesn't work from SD card, it could be an incompatible card but it's less frequent. the issue could be the setting/setup (folder, game iso, etc.)

If you really want to use DIOS MIOS, I recommend you start with DML.
If you don't want DIOS MIOS at all cost, but just want to play gamecube games then I recommend trying Nintendont instead. It has better compatibility and is easier to setup.

mike.leb140

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you tell me more about Nintendont? What are the proper steps to installing this instead of DIOS MIOS? (I'll try the DML method while I wait for a reply)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill