Hacking Please help a noob trying to figure stuff out

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please enlighten us. Share a link to these numerous DSI error posts and I'll show you people who are not using HaxChi correctly.

You didn't simply tell someone how it worked for you, you absolutely said that we were wrong and that you must have mocha. BS

If all these people are using HaxChi incorrectly, then getting first try installs with Mocha that's a problem with HaxChi either an error or poor design.

This works, do what you like.
1. Download the game files which contains 258 files, i renamed the '00050000101C9500' folder to 'Z1' (final version with the uncorrupted files should be 259 files, 10,551,280,012 bytes)
2. Download the .tik file and rename it to title.tik (be sure you have extensions enabled or you can mess up and rename it to title.tik.tik if your extensions are hidden)
3. Place the title.tik files in the game folder (you should now have 259 files with the tik added on)
4. Download the update (the one from MEGA) and put it in a folder named Z2
5. On your SD card you need to have a folder called 'install' where you will place the game folder and the update folder (name those 2 folders Z1=the actual game and Z2=update)
[Also installing on NAND is much quicker than USB]

6. Insert the SD card into the Wii U and turn it on
7. Run a CFW (Mocha doesn't require anything special to set up so use it if you don't have one)
8. Run homebrew channel → WUP install GUX → install the Z1 folder first.
9. For safe measure reboot and repeat steps 6,7 &8, but this time install Z2, the game update.
10. (Optional) Go to your internet settings of the WiiU → your connection and change the connection SSID name by adding a 0, that way your wiiu isn't connected once you start your gameplay just as a precaution so your WiiU doesn't get banned!
11. Once both files are installed press home, exit MiiMaker, start the game and have fun

kfarley87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh ok, so once I patch it then I continue to wup and go through that process? Also if I change the config file I won't have to worry about holding b all the time?

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, where's "all these people" lol

Nowhere, because anything that was read out of side of the perview of a mighty Board-lord like yourself didn't happen and no one was having errors I just made them up to troll you and read no such thing when searching out the cause of my own install errors.

People in various threads stated they had errors under haxchi myself included responses said Mocha fixed it. I repeated that advice.

Get over yourself.

Last edited by jimbo13,

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd just like to chime in and say that installing CBHC/Haxchi was the smartest move I've ever done in Wii U modding. No more browser exploits, no more shitty slow loadiine, no more extra steps to boot cfw or homebrew.... just turn the system on, and GO! Region and sig patches are enabled, homebrew launcher is right there on the sys menu, it's awesome! That being said, it is risky and you HAVE to follow the directions to the letter. I've seen numerous posts from noobs who bricked because they installed a pirated DS VC game instead of buying a legit one. *sigh*

kfarley87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am ok not doing the cold boot but I need to get away from the slow loadiine. Like I said I am a total newb and don't want to screw my system up, the wife and kids would kill me

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also I know with the latest haxchi it says that you don't have to reinstall after modifying the config file but I could never get it to work unless I reinstall haxchi after modifying the config file

Last edited by Kafluke,

kfarley87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok I will add that to the config file. I am going to attemp to do this is in a little bit. Thanks again for the help, hopefully I don't eff this up. Also with this method it allows me to install directly to the 32gb of system memory correct? Also can I still run loadiine games off haxchi if I just wanted BOTW installed?

kfarley87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Already have a bunch of backups for the kids. Is it recommended to put BOTW on the system or an external USB or does it matter?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o