Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Dated, 2 New Characters Revealed

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I hope crash will be in it, along with sackboy.

Tbh I couldn't care less about it (possibly) being a copy of nintendo, as log as the game is good
When the idea was first announced I was okay with it, but looking at that screenshot, nope, they've taken it way too far.
Look at the UI. The health bars, their location, the 4-player 2D fighting featuring company exclusives, everything!
Next thing you know you'll have to raise your enemies' percentage to knock them out of the stage.

I am honestly disgusted.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When the idea was first announced I was okay with it, but looking at that screenshot, nope, they've taken it way too far.
Look at the UI. The health bars, their location, the 4-player 2D fighting featuring company exclusives, everything!
Next thing you know you'll have to raise your enemies' percentage to knock them out of the stage.

I am honestly disgusted.

Because Super Smash Bros. has health bars?

EDIT: And about the UI, what else were they gonna do? You have a picture of your player and a bar representing their power bar. That's like complaining that every 2D fighter has a health bar at the top.

ultimate-mortal-kombat-3-screenshot.jpg
Flash-Street-Fighter_1.jpg

COPYCATTING I SAY.

While it's a 2D crossover brawler, it plays somewhat differently from Smash Bros. If anything it plays oddly more like Dissidia. In Dissidia you use regular attacks to gather more bravery for your damage attacks. Here it's basically the same thing. Smash Bros., you just wail on people until they get knocked off.

Even then, if you're crying so much about similarities and not even considering that the game may be good, you're a shallow gamer. I wish modern gamers cared about the quality of games instead of "THEY'RE COPYING X". It's sickening that people put brand names before games.

Reactions: 1 person

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I hope crash will be in it, along with sackboy.

Tbh I couldn't care less about it (possibly) being a copy of nintendo, as log as the game is good

I am honestly disgusted.

I'm shocked and appalled. SHOCKED AND APPALLED, I SAY.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Looking at the line up it strikes me that Sony just don't have particularly strong or iconic characters on their systems, do they?

D

Deleted_171835

Looking at the line up it strikes me that Sony just don't have particularly strong or iconic characters on their systems, do they?
Pretty much my thoughts. There aren't many iconic Sony characters for a game like this.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crash? Cole (from infamous)? Sackboy?

I'm with guild here, there are lots of famous characters.

Well most fighting games, you know, don't release their entire rosters at once.

Crash is still owned by Activision last time I checked but Cole is heavily rumored (his voice actor tweeted he was voicing Cole for a new role that wasn't inFamous) and Sackboy, that's probably a most definitely.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

I am honestly disgusted.
-snip-
I don't think he means the game having a health bar, I think he means the location of the health bar being located right at the button of the screen.

In option it's just a shameless SSB clone, which I am pretty disappointed that Sony once again copied Nintendo.
I actually would have accepted this game more if it was a Power Stone clone, there hasn't been a fighter like that in years.

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Crash? Cole (from infamous)? Sackboy?

I'm with guild here, there are lots of famous characters.

Well most fighting games, you know, don't release their entire rosters at once.

Crash is still owned by Activision last time I checked but Cole is heavily rumored (his voice actor tweeted he was voicing Cole for a new role that wasn't inFamous) and Sackboy, that's probably a most definitely.
I'd be surprised if crash isn't in it.

There could also be bad guys in it like the final boss in little big planet, plus characters from resistance

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still think dan from medievil will be a good bet and im also with guild about sony having pretty iconic players for their lineup. If i had to name more i could guess we may see an appearance from
Andy (heart of darkness) i freaking loved this game
gex (gex series)
Specter (ape escape)
blasto (but they dont have phil hartman to voice D: )
Jersey devil (already listed but just throwing him out there again)

And thats just some of the older ones for the psx days. Ps2/ps3 also have introduced plenty of people to choose from to put into the game. And besides, we are mostly only focusing on main players from their franchises. We can think that they will include multiple players from the same franchise like nintendo does yes? Like if spyro did enter, we could also use hunter, sgt bird, etc.
Ape escape could have various monkeys/the main heroes. We have plenty to choose from, lets keep an open mind here.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cole was in that Street Fighter Vs Tekken game (Correct me if I'm wrong) so I'm sure he's going to be in here. Why put him in a non Sony fighter and leave him out in this one?

AngryGreek766

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
am i the only one who wont bother with this game at all? i mean it looks ridiculous and is just a rip off
smash bros like down to the tee. Its not like im a sony hater i love nintendo and sony but ill stick with smash

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
am i the only one who wont bother with this game at all? i mean it looks ridiculous and is just a rip off
smash bros like down to the tee. Its not like im a sony hater i love nintendo and sony but ill stick with smash
Not the only one. I think one other guy here said somthing along those lines. Personally i think its worth a shot, and come on, do you know how many street fighter/ mortal kombat clones there have been? And this isnt a direct clone anyway

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Crash Bandicoot is dead.

R.I.P
1996 - 2001

Although this game looks a clone of Smash Bros. it still looks promising. This game will most likely be a huge success or total flop.

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The character choices are about on par with how nintendo picks their combatants. Some shit, some awesome. It's all player preference. I could care less about kirby or crash, yet someone else will hate Roy or kratos.
I thought definite clone when I first heard of it. The play style may actually be varied enough to not seem like a total ripoff. I'll really laugh if they somehow turn out a better game than the upcoming smash bros. This isn't a game I care about all that much, but Sony needs something to help sales. At least in my region it's the least successful by a considerable margin.
I say let them have their fun.
You know what would be even better? A Nintendo vs Microsoft vs Sony smash bros type game! All iconic chars from all 3 major console companies in one massive smash bros type game.
It would be the ultimate grudge match for fanboys. Just hearing the trash talk online would be worth a purchase.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I also think this looks like a clone/ripoff... especially this screenshot! However, it looks like it can be fun. Sony is a company who can pull off great ripoffs. It's not "random small company X" making a sub par ripoff. It's Sony. And Sony makes quality stuff most of the time.
Here's me hoping that they'll allow rule changes to the "health system", like smash bros.
I don't like the idea of the hitter getting his bar raised, until it's full and he can knock everyone out. I think it's better to damage the opponent so that said opponent gets easier to knock out. And maybe being able to choose regular health, regen-health, something similar to the coin-mode... :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only thing a nice car will get you is a gold digger. What happened to falling in love, no matter if I'm on a bus, or driving a nice car. No offense tho, I do like nice cars.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Nothing like tearing ass up on a back road
    BigOnYa I think narcissism has all but killed love
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I think I can agree on that.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People tend to think look at everything I have gains attention but ends up making them look worse for what it is
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It would be funny to pick up a girl in a real expensive car, then next date show up in a piece o shit car just to see her reaction. If she was real, it wouldn't matter.
    Everyone is disposable and replaceable, lies and deception are the coin of the realm. I have never felt so alone and so at odds with the world.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't think we should see others as disposable just if they can show any glimps of care about humanity should be forgiven
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she would leave you inmediately
    +1
    For a time I considered creating a new big bang. Wipe the slate clean and start from scratch....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your closest friend probably talks negative about you the most
    +1
    I know I talk shit about that Ken guy constantly lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah I just had to consile it's a age thing and I can get erect
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Right.. Take a number
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Binkinator is still around you guys. I just saw him in one of the Discord servers that I'm in.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get more mad when they learn you aren't as dimwitted as they think
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that guy who was dissappeared?
    My favorite thing about that Ken, if they talk bad about others to you. They doing it to you too.
    Always remember that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    More or less then they drop you and blame you when you find out
    Well taking responsibility for their own actions would mean doing work and self reflection lol easier to just be a pile of crap rolling down hill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dont mean to be rude but what was so important about them?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, He truly shared his great knowledge about Switch modding.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, He truly shared his great knowledge about Switch modding. +1